• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Just got the sony X90CH 55" from Costco. 10 mins in watching HDR content on youtube and tv shut down by itself and started blinking in red. Didn't know this was a Sony common issue and I didn't count how many times it blinked but it was definitely more than 4 times. I just pressed the remote's power button and tv restarted normally and its working now.
Should I be concerned? Return it?
I did a quick google search and some articles were saying that it's potentially a main board issue and might need service...
Did any of you had this experience?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Unsure but prob worth returning, but buying from Costco you are pretty much set to return in damn near anytime you want when you have issues.

JorSneezy

Oct 17, 2019
Got the same TV months ago. Use it almost every day. Has been fine. Assuming you just got a bad unit.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I have the since launch date, never had any kind of problem like this. Change it. And don't use Youtube apps on that TV, super buggy and create after effect that apply on all other video shown in any other application, i kid you not. We are multiple to have that happen on reddit.

OP
OP
Funkybee

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I have the since launch date, never had any kind of problem like this. Change it. And don't use Youtube apps on that TV, super buggy and create after effect that apply on all other video shown in any other application, i kid you not. We are multiple to have that happen on reddit.

What the? Do you mind mentioning the subreddit post? Not sure if you can link it here. I mean buying a $1000 TV and not being able to use youtube is not even funny to me.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Had this tv since August and Youtube is perfect on mine, just saying.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Had this tv since August and Youtube is perfect on mine, just saying.

you never saw little line appearing at random when open other app ? This is cause by youtube, if you restart the TV everything is back to normal

What the? Do you mind mentioning the subreddit post? Not sure if you can link it here. I mean buying a $1000 TV and not being able to use youtube is not even funny to me.

youtube work fine, it just create weird image distortion when you open it before other app, i don't know what combinaison of thing we have to do for that effect to appear. I don't remember the reddit but i post my problem in official TV thread here and someone else send me the reddit link, since i stop using youtube app on the TV never god that problem again.