• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Hm so the SIEJ President left as well? Interesting. I wonder what this is going to mean for their direction with PS5.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Hopefully he's not leaving because of health issues or a family crisis. In any case, best of luck to him.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
ohh ...

but...

ehh..

now that Microsoft (partly) decided to give away free copies of Ori in the new Giftbot thread.. I am sure the next raffle will be for Shawn´s position at Sony.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hm so the SIEJ President left as well? Interesting. I wonder what this is going to mean for their direction with PS5.
I wonder what's happening in general at Sony. The two, maybe even others, leaving now for whatever reason with Zhuge hinting at something going on internally at Sony might be interesting for Sony's gaming division and future plans.
I guess we'll find out soon enough, something will leak for sure.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I wonder what's happening in general at Sony. The two, maybe even others, leaving now for whatever reason with Zhuge hinting at something going on internally at Sony might be interesting for Sony's gaming division and future plans.
I guess we'll find out soon enough, something will leak for sure.
SIEJ president retired, today is a new quarter so they announce the changes in leadership, he didnt leave because of issues.

Oct 31, 2017
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Imagine that's the lens you see the world through...

On topic, I don't think it serves anyone well to read into the timing of this. Often it just feels like the time to put a stop to things, it doesn't necessarily indicate the direction the PS5 is taking. Reggie stepped down while Nintendo is currently in high stride, after all. Good luck to him.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it means whoever isn't on board with expanding Playstation to PC is leaving.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I always admired Shawn's respect for PlayStation's legacy. He really pushed for Vib Ribbon, Parappa, Patapon, MediEvil, Crash revivals.

Seems like there might be something going on behind the scenes. I'm curious to see where he ends up next.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Shame, really liked the guy's on-stage presence.

Wonder who will replace him. I''ve seen the name Hermen Hulst floating around and he's also a genuinely great guy.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
All the doom and gloom over the changes at 343 in the space of a few months meant Halo was doomed. Two senior execs leave on the same day and it's nothing.
Hmmmnnnnnn
Let me get this straight
Are you trying to equate director on a game leaving randomly more than a year before launch and executives leaving on a beginning of a quarter when leadership changes always gets announced?
I agree that shawn layden leaving warrants a discussion over the why it happenedand what will happen, but Morita clearly just retired, there is nothing to read about it further or any conspiracy theories from the information presented to us.
Nice try on the gotcha moment though

Last edited:

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Morita retiring because of age isn't unusual. But that's something that would clearly be anticipated. Announcing that he's leaving due to retirement and not having anyone in place immediately to take over as SIEJA president on the other hand... I guess we'll see how all this shakes out over the next week or so!

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
There is a new Ceo and ofcourse he wants his men at the high positions nothing strange but web needs its drama soooooo sony is dooomeed

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Morita retiring because of age isn't unusual. But that's something that would clearly be anticipated. Announcing that he's leaving due to retirement and not having anyone in place immediately to take over as SIEJA president on the other hand... I guess we'll see how all this shakes out over the next week or so!
My theory is that SIE is globalizing and they dont want a new president for SIEJ right now because soon all regions will be managed by one president.

Status
Not open for further replies.