• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
So are we pretty certain than that the review industry is fucking a joke?

Not really. The PS4 version currently has 17 reviews on Metacritic and only one of them is green and its soundbite reads:

"The troubled launch and the shoddy state of the last-gen versions will hurt nobody more intensely than the artists and developers, who may well have come to resemble the characters of their own creation—frazzled, fused to their computers, and wired into the limbo of non-stop work."

The review industry did its job, it's just that CDPR prevented it from doing its job in time.

Oct 25, 2017
People are talking about a January, but can CDPR really fix the issues that we have saw in base consoles in only a month? some of them feel like something that would require a lot of rework
There is no fixing it, here, put a new game on hardware that cannot support it. That is the issue they are looking at. This is on everyone not just CDPR; the game is 100% not able to run on base hardware from SEVEN years ago.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility Against Another User
Wow Jeff grubb is a sook huh? Blocked me on Twitter for simply stating this:

And the point your making is? Most people now who want a refund have played over 2 hours, so this refund policy means nothing

Wow can't take not even criticism, but something against MS? CDPR? I don't even know haha pointing out the obvious as to why MS should do the right thing?

seriously it's like make a stupid statement, than block everyone who disagrees with you. Yes that is how discussion works. What a clown

Last edited:

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
This needed to happen. MS should take ot down as well because the base old gen versions are unplayable. I like the game a lot but everyone deserves to get a good version of everygame and CDPR deserves to feel the bite from their actions.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The biggest mismanaged studio of year. Poor devs had to rush the builds and patches with little to no time for the console versions. I wonder how many of the 8 million preorders are left and don't refund the game by the end of the year. Jeez such a trainweck.

Shini42

Jan 7, 2018
This should've been done days ago. They also probably should rethink their certification procedures and maybe even sue CDPR.
CDPR didn't just muck up their own reputation with this shit.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Great job Sony. Anyone remember how bad the Skyrim PS3 port was? Game straight up stopped working for me, crashing within minutes no matter what.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if MS is even capable of doing the same thing being as they have a marketing agreement with CDPR for the game.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Best they can hope for is replicate what Hello Games did with No Man's Sky

Not convinced it can happen, though. Hello Games was a very small company made of very passionate developers. When I look at CDPR, I don't exactly see a Hello Games situation at all... at least not with this management. And would it be even realistically possible in the context of a public company?

Last edited:

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
PC is not as bad as console only if you have a RTX card. Most of PC gamers, according to Steam, do not have one. Most gamers believed the min. requirements and bought the game. But those running GTX 900 or 1000 series have a hell of a time running the game half decently. Not to mention the game is plagued with bugs.

Era is a bubble with many gamers armed with high end PCs. Many gamers have problems running the game properly. Imagine if Steam delisted the game..

Good God! I'm Starting to think Stadia is the only good console version on this game and even that one has some bugs and occasional game crashes.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
So...where does CDPR even go from here lol? Like...you obviously have to stick with it right? Gotta take the approach of giving as much back to the consumer as possible in order to garner some good will.

I think we might see both expansions given to all Cyberpunk owners who bought the game before 2/28/21 (or similar) free of charge.

I just truly question whether they will ever manage to get the last gen versions into decent shape. I kind of imagine seeing some huge revamp with Night City broken up into sectors connected by underground tunnels so they can insert loading areas and divide the city into more manageable chunks, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
CDPR stock will collapse tomorrow, Microsoft will swoop in and buy the company. Sony has already delisted the game so Microsoft won't even be the bad guy when the game is later released on GamePass only.
Won't be a easy as that because of one key cog in the situation, GOG.com. What does MS do with it if that is included in the sale?

If GOG.com wasn't in the situation, then yea, I can see Microsoft swoop in and buy it. However with GOG.com in the conversation, not sure.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
CDPR stock will collapse tomorrow, Microsoft will swoop in and buy the company. Sony has already delisted the game so Microsoft won't even be the bad guy when the game is later released on GamePass only.
🤡

(Goes to all of you trying to peddle this sort of shit as a reaction to these news)

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone like Jason Schrier made a write up detailing who are the main responsibles for this mess? I don't know if all this falls on the producers, the board of directors or the stockholders

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I bet Sony is pissed. Serves CDPR right for sending the unhappy customers their way without any warning and letting Sony shoulder the blame when they had to deny refunds. Karma is sweet.
I really don't get posts like this I don't. You honestly think Sony/MS had no idea how this game was running on their base systems?

I get the pitchforks for CDPR, but yall wild.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we might see both expansions given to all Cyberpunk owners who bought the game before 2/28/21 (or similar) free of charge.

I just truly question whether they will ever manage to get the last gen versions into decent shape. I kind of imagine seeing some huge revamp with Night City broken up into sectors connected by underground tunnels so they can insert loading areas and divide the city into more manageable chunks, etc.
Yeah, that'll be interesting to see because these don't just look like careless bugs on the last gen consoles - they look like straight up limitations that weren't accounted for. I think you'd need a pretty heavy redesign, kinda like what you're suggesting, to get it work.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised Sony did it, if anyone is gonna shit on playstation reputation is gonna be sony and not a 3rd party pub😂

Drwu

Aug 23, 2018
Every time i got to the page to request a refund there is no link to click or form to fill out. Anyone know what the deal with that is

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Crazy. I'm sure there's a good game in there somewhere, but...

This '8 years in development' being throw about is obviously misleading, many, many people. They should've (...well, not announced it so early) made is clear the game only entered active development in 2016...7? Would've made another 1-year delay easier to swallow for people.

Cross-gen is weird. I guess they just really wanted to get out a last-gen version before current-gen was in full swing... but even Sony themselves is doing that with the like of Horizon.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
So are we pretty certain than that the review industry is fucking a joke?

This is where I was at before

but it was mentioned many of times that reviewers weren't given Console copies to review. in the first place

This is ALL on CDPR for misleading everyone basically
and I hope reviewers are push out their console reviews ASAP

www.ign.com

Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Review - IGN

Please don't play Cyberpunk 2077 on a base Xbox One or PS4. It is a shockingly bad way to experience what is a fantastic RPG on better hardware.

CDPR played them too lmao

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
There is no fixing it, here, put a new game on hardware that cannot support it. That is the issue they are looking at. This is on everyone not just CDPR; the game is 100% not able to run on base hardware from SEVEN years ago.

I feel like that was always the huge question mark. It's what everyone was asking when TW3 released. We knew that they wanted to make Cyberpunk take place in this huge sprawling city and seeing how TW3 ran on PS4/XBO (especially in Novigrad) I remember plenty of people wondering how CDPR could pull off their Cyberpunk ambition on the same hardware. The answer in the end was that they couldn't.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Surprising yet feels inevitable in retrospect. CDPR has been playing with fire all year and it's good they've been burned. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.

I don't think they'll get bought but it'd could be the best thing to happen to their devs if the entire upper management got replaced by a team that knows how to plan a project properly.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
If CDPR didn't tell owners to refund, do you think the game would have been delisted? In my honest opinion, not really

This is a direct response to them kicking the ball into Sony's court and then giving a big old shrug, yep.

If they had made more of a good-faith effort to handle the refunds themselves, Sony probably wouldn't have delisted them. It's honestly not a surprising response from the platform holder after how CDPR managed the situation, though; they essentially tried to hide behind Sony and Microsoft and wash their hands of it.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
He has an account here, so maybe delete this haha

I mean I said nothing wrong. I was just replying to his tweet and because it went against his thoughts he blocked me? Maybe here he would be willing to actually have a discussion

EDIT: changed my word choice.
I do wonder what his beef is though. Is he pro MS? CDPR? I don't understand why he doesn't take the pro consumer approach and get the game delisted and refundable to all. Sure MS may have a refund policy in place, it it won't help people who have played the game more than 2 hours, or even those who have already been told no. What he said makes no sense, so instead of talking he just blocks opposing views? Yeah awesome way to engage in conversation

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that was always the huge question mark. It's what everyone was asking when TW3 released. We knew that they wanted to make Cyberpunk take place in this huge sprawling city and seeing how TW3 ran on PS4/XBO (especially in Novigrad) I remember plenty of people wondering how CDPR could pull off their Cyberpunk ambition on the same hardware. The answer in the end was that they couldn't.
Exactly. And cool, burn CDPR; but don't for a half second think Sony and MS didn't know this shit. It is their hardware, they know what has a chance of running and not running. They knew this shit wasn't going to run, yet they allowed it to roll through cert and promoted it. I get the outrage at CDPR but seeing people want to just drop the blame there is gross.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
I can validate the roughly 1 crash per hour on PS5 statement. I'm closer to about 1 crash every 80-90 minutes.

Remember when we all laughed at how buggy Bethesda games historically are? And how we loved ironically quoting Todd Howard (referring to Fallout 4) by saying "it just works"? Yeah, those we good times. Naive times.

At least bugs with Bethesda games were kinda fun for the most part.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
wow this is a black eye for sure on what was once one of the most vehemently defended devs. People went to war hard for CDPR

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Has anyone like Jason Schrier made a write up detailing who are the main responsibles for this mess? I don't know if all this falls on the producers, the board of directors or the stockholders

All of the above + some of the dev team. The board of directors and stockholders wouldn't be approving or creating or promoting transphobic imagery, writing about how cops are good guys who just need funding, writing problematic characters and scenes that cross the line into sexism, racism and homophobia, and more. Even some of the producers wouldn't catch ALL of that.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
It was meant to be a PS4/Xbox1 game right? And backward compatible with PS5/XboxSX. Looks like it is the other way round now. How could CDPR not see this coming from a mile? Do they not playtest on their base consoles?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

It'll take time to do actual research instead of making speculations (unless anyone has investigated from long ago). I imagine this is the stuff he'll be doing though.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017

What is this game doing exactly that isn't possible on PS4 or Xbox One? No fixing it? I'm failing to see what it's doing under the hood that is so spectacular that last gen can't handle it. Broken wanted system? Non-existent AI outside of the missions? Traffic that doesn't move if something gets in front of it?

I am NOT convinced that this game is somehow doing amazing things that PS4 and XBO are not capable of.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Wow Jeff grubb is a sook huh? Blocked me on Twitter for simply stating this:

Wow can't take not even criticism, but something against MS? CDPR? I don't even know haha pointing out the obvious as to why MS should do the right thing?

seriously it's like make a stupid statement, than block everyone who disagrees with you. Yes that is how discussion works. What a clown
Jeff Grub friend of Hideki Kamiya confirmed.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
With all the controversy surrounding this developer, both past and present. I think I'm skipping out on anything they release. I had never got into the Witcher series but was previously planning to. Unless they completely change their management team and overall culture, I think I'm out.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is this game doing exactly that isn't possible on PS4 or Xbox One? No fixing it? I'm failing to see what it's doing under the hood that is so spectacular that last gen can't handle it. Broken wanted system? Non-existent AI outside of the missions? Traffic that doesn't move if something gets in front of it?

I am NOT convinced that this game is somehow doing amazing things that PS4 and XBO are not capable of.
scale, its not doing anything new forsay, its just doing those things at a much larger scale.