• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
He's missing some important things here:

1) They have denied refunds for the game
2) Delisting is different than offering refunds
3) Most of the games issues don't show up until after the 2 hours that Microsoft has mandated as able to get a refund, sure there are exceptions, but it is harder.
It's tweets like that where people question your objectivity. Wasn't he the one complaing about Sony's (and only Sony's) lack of response to the situation a few days ago?

Completely misleading if not borderline deceptive.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
How many games are we gonna see get delayed because of this? This will send some ripples. We all know the games we've seen that have pushed and have high expectations.

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout 76, Jedi fallen order, anthem were major games that crashed, and ran poorly on the last gen base consoles. Why weren't those pulled. Sony did the delisting because they want to keep their policy. Why the he'll is that tiger game still listed on PSN, it should be pulled

First off because those games didn't get nearly as much attention as this. Also most people were pretty happy with Fallen Order. Games Crash but this is a game that just doesn't run at ALL like advertised.

Fallout 76 was avoided like the plague. People knew it was trash before it came out.

I don't doubt Sony also did this because of their policy on refunds, but you can't justify still selling this game to your base users. Too much attention and too many requests for refunds. MS needs to do the same here.

Who cares if MS has a better refund policy? Why are you selling something to a majority of your consumers that is faulty knowing it's faulty and that customer asking for a refund? Again you delist it. Only way to rectify that situation.

Apr 27, 2018
This is crazy. As much as I am loving the game on PC, good for Sony to offer full refunds. My question is what will happen with the physical copies of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Investor call seems to confirm it was removed from the store at CDPR's request:

www.bankier.pl

CD PROJEKT SA: Czasowe wstrzymanie dostępności gry Cyberpunk 2077 w PlayStation Store

Spis treści:1. RAPORT BIEŻĄCY2. MESSAGE (ENGLISH VERSION)3. INFORMACJE O PODMIOCIE4. PODPISY OSÓB REPREZENTUJĄCYCH SPÓŁKĘ KOMISJA NADZORU FINANSOWEGO Raport bieżący nr 66 / 2020 Data sporządzenia:...
It says the "...the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment (hereinafter referred to as "SIE") to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice. The decision was undertaken following our discussion with SIE..."
That doesn't read like it was CDPR's request to me, if it was why haven't they released a public statement on their twitter account? And why only on PS, it's just as bad on the base Xbox One.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
lol

CDPR brought this on themselves. Greed, hubris, and taking advantage of sly marketing to sell a broken game to millions of console owners. That's some bullshit.

I only feel bad for the devs at CDPR that are going to have to bust their asses to fix as much as they can on consoles so that it's a more acceptable product. I'm currently playing on the PS5, and while my experience has been really good outside of crashes (way less crashes since the patch last week Friday, but still crashing way more than it should).

I've been on the side of the fence where reception to your release was piss poor, so I'm not taking joy in the poor devs that the lions share of work is going to be placed on to "fix this shit," but I am so there for the studio heads being raked over the coals for this bullshit. Poor management and greed all around. Pathetic.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019

www.bankier.pl

CD PROJEKT SA: Czasowe wstrzymanie dostępności gry Cyberpunk 2077 w PlayStation Store

Spis treści:1. RAPORT BIEŻĄCY2. MESSAGE (ENGLISH VERSION)3. INFORMACJE O PODMIOCIE4. PODPISY OSÓB REPREZENTUJĄCYCH SPÓŁKĘ KOMISJA NADZORU FINANSOWEGO Raport bieżący nr 66 / 2020 Data sporządzenia:...
Just adding the text what was said :

The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in
Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") hereby publicly
discloses the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment (hereinafter
referred to as "SIE") to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store
until further notice. The decision was undertaken following our
discussion with SIE regarding a full refund for all gamers who had
purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this
time. All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on
PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyers.
Gamers can still buy physical versions of the game in retail and mail
order stores. All copies, whether digital or physical, will continue to
receive support and updates from the Company.

The good thing is that the game will still receive patches.

Oct 27, 2017

www.bankier.pl

I don't think this states or implies it was at CDPR's request; this is a notice to their stockholders because it's going to impact their stock prices and it's a necessity to release a statement on this. The notice seems to imply it was SIE who decided to remote it.

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft has been honoring refunds from the jump. It was Sony's draconian no refund on digital purchases policy that was the issue.

After CDPR put out that apology, Sony was initially refusing to refund for those that requested one. Thankfully they have made an exception with this game. Delisting the game is unexpected though, I'm really surprised they did that. I wonder if it's a reaction to something CDPR did, possibly a TOS violation, or just Sony making sure to firmly pass the buck onto CDPR. Either way it's wild.

Edit: apparently word is it was removed at the request of CDPR
Microsoft is a lot more reasonable on refunds but they're not honoring all refunds to everyone, there are people in this thread that have had their refunds denied from Microsoft.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020

www.bankier.pl

It says " the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment" not the decision of CPDR though. I'm using auto translate.

Oct 28, 2017
It's tweets like that where people question your objectivity. Wasn't he the one complaing about Sony's (and only Sony's) lack of response to the situation a few days ago?

Completely misleading if not borderline deceptive.

Yeah no doubt. I can't comprehend his stance unless he truly believes that it is completely up to the consumer to do their due diligence on product purchases from any form of retail store AND retail and sellers have no responsibility to verify whether or not their products for sale meet a reasonable and expected level of quality so long as the consumer can maaaaaybe get a refund.

I don't know any reasonable retail store front would maintain that stance. If a product doesn't work, you don't sell it. It's that simple.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Having not played the game, aside from the real bad bugs, is the game good at its core?

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
The question is.. when will the game ever get listed back again? At least for the PS4 version. Surely Sony will scrutinise and vet the re-released version carefully now.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Just adding the text what was said :

The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in
Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") hereby publicly
discloses the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment (hereinafter
referred to as "SIE") to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store
until further notice. The decision was undertaken following our
discussion with SIE regarding a full refund for all gamers who had
purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this
time. All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on
PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyers.
Gamers can still buy physical versions of the game in retail and mail
order stores. All copies, whether digital or physical, will continue to
receive support and updates from the Company.

The good thing is that the game will still receive patches.
Sounds like CDPR didn't necessarily authorize this, just they were in the room where it happened. The room where it happened. The room where it happened.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
First off because those games didn't get nearly as much attention as this. Also most people were pretty happy with Fallen Order. Games Crash but this is a game that just doesn't run at ALL like advertised.

Fallout 76 was avoided like the plague. People knew it was trash before it came out.

I don't doubt Sony also did this because of their policy on refunds, but you can't justify still selling this game to your base users. Too much attention and too many requests for refunds. MS needs to do the same here.

Who cares if MS has a better refund policy? Why are you selling something to a majority of your consumers that is faulty knowing it's faulty and that customer asking for a refund? Again you delist it. Only way to rectify that situation.
I'm not disagreeing what you sayin, I'm just saying why they might have done it (which turned out to be wrong, apparently CDPR just stated that they asked Sony to delist it from their storefront, look at recent post to see the text)

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
This feels really huge. My girlfriend (playing on a XSX) said, "I honestly like the game but haven't felt like playing it bc of the bugs 😟 You just never know when you might lose progress"

Says about all I need to hear.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
Fuck it I asked for the refund, first time it gave me a 404 error but I just logged in again and that worked.
I'll get it physical once it's in a good state or I'll just wait for a ps5 version.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Once youve done the refund request, it sais :
Thank you, your request for refund has been submitted.

Do i get like an email confirmation? ive just clicked the refund button but thats it... nothing more other than that little message...

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Absolutely unprecedented and game-changing move from Sony. This game's immediate fall from grace is going to be one for the industry history books. Years of anticipation all down the drain within a week.

So this absolutely has to force Microsoft's hand to follow suit yes? There's no way they can just ignore this situation and power on through.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Andromeda wasn't worse than FO76. Andromeda was just unpolished. It wasn't fundamentally broken and it ran fine.

Syndicate was more than fine- you are thinking of AC Unity.
Andromeda has many of the same issues we're seeing with Cyberpunk. I think we also have to take into account how many people are potentially affected and how much they care. People were checking out of FO76 before the game even launched.

And you're right, I meant AC Unity.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having not played the game, aside from the real bad bugs, is the game good at its core?
I have it on PS5 and I'm really loving the story, characters, and overall aesthetic. The gameplay is mediocre at best though IMO, so don't get it for that.

Overall, I really like it though and I truly hope that CDPR continues to release patches for it, despite it not being available on the store. At least out of good faith to those sticking with it, y'know.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Phil Spencer is already making calls to the people in Warsaw

Cbrun44

Is the game that unplayable on the PS5? Haven't even booted up my digital copy yet, but contemplating whether it's worth keeping or not. I'm really fine holding on to it as long as patches indeed fix things. But this seems pretty awful.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't see him talking in circles. He's actually making great points. Also getting straight to the point without going in circles.

No, he's really not. His entire argument was based around Microsoft having a "global refund policy." Once it was pointed out that many people have been denied refunds, he said that doesn't change his point.

Of course it does. There is no logic to it at all.

Oct 26, 2017
Why are people jumping to defend this game's performance on the Series X?

There are tens of millions of Xbox One owners who are being sold a product that is worse than the one Sony just delisted from the Playstation Store.
Herein lies the issue. There's no hard lines between console generation versions, it's all one purchase that's supposed to run on whatever console you own on in that particular family.
The only reasonable solution is to de-list unfortunately. I can see it reappearing as only a PS5 or Series X/S game.
CDPR should really have scrapped the 8th gen versions and shifted all console work onto next-gen.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
This Meme aged worse than milk, holy shit. Bioware won in the end, their broken Game at least didn't get delisted from a platform holder.

94e.jpg

Bioware made the Troll 2 of video games. CDPR made the Battlefield Earth of games.

I'd rather be Troll 2.

(It's hard to think of a movie that was bad because the film reel keeps falling off. So instead I picked a movie with troubled production.)