• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
I've only tangentially paid attention to this game, what exactly was the reason for refunds/delisting?
Its almost unplayable on last gen consoles and CDPR deliberately hid those versions by only sending the PC version out to the gaming press and taking down any online video/stream that showed the game on last gen consoles.

After that they put out a shallow apology and said people should refund it if they wanted but never contacted Sony or Microsoft beforehand to make that possible out of the normal refund process which is limited.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Holy fuck. So if I request a refund, do I get to keep my (digital) game? Or will they remove the digital game from my library? In other words, are they allowing you to be refunded the price while still keeping ownership of the digital game? Crazy big if so.
Why would you keep the game? You obviously won't be able to play it if you get a refund.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
So since its delisted you cant even get it for PS5 where it did actually run okayish?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So since it's a PS4 game, people can't buy it digitally for their PS5? This is just massive.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
screenshot2020-12-18av5kxq.png
Yo VA11 HALL-A is legit

collige

Oct 31, 2017
When is the last time such a huge release fucked up this hard? This feels like the biggest backfire since maybe ET.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
First it got delayed after going gold, and now its getting delayed after launching? God damn.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this happen before.
They really shouldn't have launched the game, they should have announced the game later and released it in another year or so.
Ah well, hindsight and all that.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
couldn't this be just them updating the page to reflect the new refund policy?

If that were true, they wouldn't need to take the game down. They don't want people buying this game then turn around and ask for a refund.

They will probably put it back up after the flood of requests or when the game is actually functional.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Shocking. I'm actually shocked that Sony did it.

It's good that they did, but I'm shocked.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
Holy shit!! I was checking the PS Store an hour ago, and I was curious how you couldn't find Cyberpunk 2077 highlighted anywhere.

About the game itself on PS4. It s clearly an unfinished product that needed a couple of additional months in the oven, but I still consider it "playable" except for the crashes situation ( which is known to happen on every platform). Come on, you can play this game from beginning to end on base PS4, and do all side missions, just with some choppy framerate here and there, and laughable IQ. Sony must be too fed up by the constant request for refunds, that hey just had to go this far..

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, if you'd said this to me a few months ago I would have thought you were an idiot. Shaky landing? Sure. Literally pulled because it's unplayable? They couldn't release a AAA game in that state.

Can't say they haven't earned the dunking on, though.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it ran fantastically on the Series X. Unfortunately I have a PS4 from last gen, otherwise I would have installed it just to see the difference, must be insane.
I tried it on Xbox. Too blurry (30 or 60fps) popping everywhere ( models , shadow , lightning ). No thanks asking a refund now

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Fallout 76 was never removed and the performance on that was and still horrendous on base consoles.

I think social media forced them because after you say wait for patches after a game that wasn't out for week and not receive a refund is a bad look also