• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

Once we have confirmed that you purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store, we will begin processing your refund. Please note that completion of the refund may vary based on your payment method and financial institution.
www.playstation.com

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS4 & PS5 games | PlayStation

Buy Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store. Explore a vast, futuristic metropolis in a cutting-edge action-RPG. Recommended for PS5 & PS4 Pro consoles.

Edit:
For PS4 and PS5 owners wondering how updates for Cyberpunk 2077 will work going forward after SIE's decision, this is the latest statement from CDPR.

"The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") hereby publicly discloses the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment (hereinafter referred to as "SIE") to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice. The decision was undertaken following our discussion with SIE regarding a full refund for all gamers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this time. All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyers.

Gamers can still buy physical versions of the game in retail and mail order stores. All copies, whether digital or physical, will continue to receive support and updates from the Company

The Management Board of the Company has decided to publicly disclose this information in the form of a current report due to its potential influence on investment-related decisions. "

Source: CDPR Stock Exchange Report
1 hour ago.

Last edited:

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Man I wonder if there was an uncomfortable conversation between PlayStation/Xbox reps and CDPR. Fortunate that they'll honor refunds but it clearly took some pressure and I can't imagine anyone being happy about this.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Hopefully, of all the mess this has been this is the thing that finally manages to put pressure on Sony to update its refund policy.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, great on Sony. I wonder even if people put like 30 hours in if they will. This is great.
Hope Microsoft offers the same.

Oct 26, 2017
Good move, and there doesn't even seem to be limited to less than a certain number of hours played. I wonder if CDPR are covering some of this cost, as this seems to be opening the flood gates for returns.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen a company so totally fuck up their image, reputation, and goodwill with their community the way CDPR has from Witcher 3 -> CP2077. Holy fucking shit. The studio is beginning to seem horribly mismanaged.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
lol i accidentally clicked request. i was seeing if they had some min requirement like you can play so many hours to refund and such.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Man, wish we could know how many are going to get a refund.

CDPR must be shitting themselves since 41% of sales were on consoles. What a trainreck this has all been. :/

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
A shame how the console versions turned out. Aside from all the deserved controversy and issues people have with the game, at its best visually it can be a marvel and everyone deserves the best version possible of that if they spent hard earned money.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This really does seem like the reverse Arkham Knight more and more.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's wild to me that this game is closer to Anthem in terms of being a hot mess than it is to something like GTAV which had its own cross-generation issues.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
I haven't even unwrapped my xbox version yet, I'm not sure I wanna play it. I'll probably end up liking the game but the way the developers have been acting just gives me a bad taste in my mouth about having paid for it. Might return it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It is indeed being delisted

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft needs to stop promoting this game everywhere too. Talk about false advertising.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Put this in the OP

Epe0ulcXMAEr5po