• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
No Banderas?

RE5mw7a.png

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I don't get why this was necessary.

Am I understanding correctly that this will be the boot sequence to Sony 1st party titles? I mean with the super fast SSD, ideally when you press X to launch a game, it theoretically will jump into the game within 10 secs without all the loading shit.

I would this this fits best to their TV and/or Movie stuff.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Surely we're getting this announced today ahead of it appearing at the front of a reveal tomorrow

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

Am I understanding correctly that this will be the boot sequence to Sony 1st party titles? I mean with the super fast SSD, ideally when you press X to launch a game, it theoretically will jump into the game within 10 secs without all the loading shit.

You can skip it if you want, just like how can fast forward through the Marvel intro in movies.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

It could just be the first time you insert/install a first party title. It's a simple elegant touch it's really not that serious.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Those wondering about the games, characters selected....they can change, it's in the article and OP.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And social media will explode. Have we seen any fanart of logo-chan yet, lol?

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
I'm actually not a big fan :( .

It feels exactly like the new Marvel intro, which always felt like a commercial to me. I get that it sort of is, but the old comic flip logo always felt more elegant and feel like you were about to get pulled into one of hundreds of stories, while the new one just felt a generic trailer with horns. even the SFX of page flipping made it feel unique. (I barely even read comics despite all the feelings about it too haha)

So yeah the fact that it feels like a film studio intro is exactly why I think this was a bit of a missed
opportunity. What their games do is allow me to control worlds and move through them, explore, etc., so a logo that touched on those themes would be hit home for me as a lifelong PlayStation fan.

It's not poorly done or anything but it just doesn't feel special to me personally. That said I'm of course gonna be there day 1 for most of their titles, hehe.

Oct 31, 2019
God damn people need to take a stroll down the memory lane it seems

It all started with Sony's Powers TV Show Opening Screen
PlayStation Originals from 2015! (15 seconds)
www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

Seen at the beginning of every episode of Powers.

Then came the Ratchet and Clank Movie from April 2016! (14 seconds)
www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

From Ratchet And Clank(2016)#Sony#PS5#Playstation

Then finally
Marvel Studios new logo @ San Diego Comic-Con (July 2016)!!!
(36 seconds)

www.youtube.com

Marvel Studios - the new logo 2016

Marvel Studios presented its new logo at the San Diego Comic-Con 2016.

So now the facts are straight, and who went first who followed established, lets look at current situation

Microsoft Xbox Games Studios Opening Cinametics from June 2019 (45 seconds!)
www.youtube.com

Xbox Game Studios Opening Cinematic

Welcome to Xbox Game Studios.Made up of 13 distinct game development studios responsible for some of the biggest game franchises in history like Age of Empir...

And at last PlayStation Studios Opening Animation from May 12, 2020 (17 seconds)

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Studios Opening Animation

Introducing PlayStation Studios, the new brand name for all of your favorite exclusive PlayStation games.

If you look at the dates and also the durations it is pretty much clear cut who got the original idea and followed through till the end and who copied who...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan, looks busy and too flashy.

Not going to bother me much, though.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

Then finally
(36 seconds)

www.youtube.com

So now the facts are straight, and who went first who followed established, lets look at current situation

www.youtube.com

Welcome to Xbox Game Studios.Made up of 13 distinct game development studios responsible for some of the biggest game franchises in history like Age of Empir...

And at last PlayStation Studios Opening Animation from May 12, 2020 (17 seconds)

www.youtube.com

Introducing PlayStation Studios, the new brand name for all of your favorite exclusive PlayStation games.

If you look at the dates and also the durations it is pretty much clear cut who got the original idea and followed through till the end and who copied who...
Chill.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Would have been fair to say "Chill" if they'd quoted a long list of the 40 or so posts that said 'marvel copy blah blah' or 'xbox copy blah blah', but just showing the timeline is a good contribution to the thread.

Would not be shocked to see people come in and post the same shit without reading it or even the OP even now lol.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

Then finally
(36 seconds)

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

Damn. Love the receipts.

Well, I take it back. Looks like Sony took the lead orginally in this.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Today they announced the studios logo and tomorrow it's mostly they will announce the studios they acquired.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

Then finally
(36 seconds)

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

Great work. Now if only people read this before posting. Can we maybe get this threadmarked?

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not usually one to point stuff like this out, but I just checked the animation again but on YouTube - nearly 400k views already? People be thirsty.

Alexx

Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty long for a console with instant load times. I thought start up logos would be obsolete this gen or at least very short.

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

www.youtube.com

PlayStation Originals

Then finally
(36 seconds)

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

Not to be a party pooper but...

2013:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
The whole Marvel inspiration, it's mentioned in the article.

But to suggest Sony is copying Xbox is hilarious, wild, and false.

I legit thought it was about their movie studio collab with PlayStation. Until I read the article.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Classy and cinematic. I love how they've just gone with the PlayStation symbol without the wording. Shows how distinct and popular the brand is. I also love how they're using the original Uncharted 4 footage that didn't end up in the game. :)

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda, It's just a publisher logo. So be on (the back in Sony's case) boxart and at the very start of their games.

I think they'll put it on the front moving forward. They used to do this in the PS1, PS2 and PS3 days with the SCE Diamond, but started dropping it this gen. They probably want to go back to it to have a consistent visual branding for all first-party-adjacent titles, and putting your brand on the back of the box means casual shoppers won't see it.