• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Lmao I knew people would think Marvel invented that type of logo animation, when Sony is just doing what they did back in 2016.

Not surprised though, people just think whatever is most popular must have invented it.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Not keen at all on the MCU look, that multiple companies have since attempted. It looks uninspired and that is exactly what I'll keep associating with it. I'm sure there are far more interesting ways to do this, and still enable some customisation along the way.

As for the logo and trying to have a unified banner for these first party "led" games, whether actually first party studios or with third parties, seems good to me

Oct 25, 2017
Too long, yet not showing enough characters to be worth ripping off the Marvel-style introduction. I don't need this in front of my games.

Oct 25, 2017
It would've been cool for them to get this into TLOU2 and GoT, but I guess it'll be fresher on the PS5 if that's what they want to go for.

Good that the thread was remade. Keep the console war bait OPs away.

I like it. A logo to indicate quality. I think that part in the article about using it even with 3rd party collabs indicate Sony has a lot of content deals locked up for PS5.
It was a completely fair comparison. It wasn't a big ask for people not to make it into a console war thread.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You know it's odd we've gone a whole page and no one has linked the other thread yet. Is it the hype perhaps for that?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could do a dozen different version of these with all of the excellent first party games they have.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I see we needed a new thread because "he who shall not be named" was mentioned in the last OP lmao, console launches bring out the worst in people

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I could take or leave the opening animation. It's not that I dislike this kind of intro but it's w.e. I am digging the logo though. Nice and clean.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
I love it. Upcoming Ratchet and Clank game? seems to me we havent seen the last of Sackboy too and I'm here salivating at the thought of the next God of War ( Its going to be epic , i can feel it. )

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao I knew people would think Marvel invented that type of logo animation, when Sony is just doing what they did back in 2016.

Not surprised though, people just think whatever is most popular must have invented it.
Marvel still did it before 2016 tho.

And of course people will think of whomever popularizes anything.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't know why exactly, but I don't like how they start off with the triangle. It's probably the least used face button. I probably would have gone square because it's the left most button.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's good Spider-Man isn't in this generic one. Have it focus on characters that originated in video games.

As for Bloodborne not being there, I imagine they're focusing on IP that have the potential for sequels or are already part of franchises. Bloodborne was a kida one-and-done deal.

Also I don't expect this to show up during the opening logo crawl in-full, we'll probably see it during the opening cutscenes of a game, making it even more cinematic

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It'll probably have some variations depending on the game released and stuff like that. Also, I had no idea this was an old animation they had already done as far back as 2015.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty slick and I like that it is customizable over time. I expect it to sport other titles very soon. I hope.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I like it. Very slick opening and it's good to see everything, including "second party" games will be branded consistently and clearly

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
MCU like. Just a shame Spider-Man, Gran Turismo and others aren't on there for various reasons of course.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
No Gran Turismo reference ?
Spider-Man especially is a strange omission.
Spider-Man doesn't belong to Sony, and picking any imagery representative of Gran Turismo that does belong to Sony would be quite difficult (like, they own a few tracks, so they could pick a corner from one of those, but that still wouldn't exactly scream "Gran Turismo").

They're not going to have an opening logo that they need to license from some other company for every individual game.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the other thread, I think it's shite. Sony trying to evoke MCU vibes with their western first party games is kinda fitting I guess, lol.

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
It's too long. I would not want to see it every time I boot a game. Static image is better.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love PlayStation but it's really lame to just ripoff Marvel like this IMO. I would have respected a bit more originality and creativity.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
No Kat?

Sony please.
image0.png

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can sort of understand Spider-Man not being there (licensed character/brand) but no idea why they would exclude Bloodborne. Do we know if Sony or From Software own that IP.
Sony owns the IP/Bloodborne. I guess we won't ge a sequel. So no reason to include it in the logo :P

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sony own the IP, they just don't give a shit about it.
PlayStation Studios is about 1st party games. Both, Spider-Man and Bloodborne, are 1st party games.
Playstation Studios is about celebrating... Playstation studios. From Software isn't a Playstation studio.
No Gran Turismo reference ?
I guess they could've slapped a Nissan Skyline somewhere in there.