• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Jackpot.

I don't even know what the point of that character in the comics was. She was introduced as this like not!MJ superhero, or something, after OMD and then just disappeared.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Yo if this all leads to the live action version of the "Spider-Verse" with Silk, Spider-Gwen and the Inheritors I am so down.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
tneE7mh.png

The genius of Sony, everybody.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how real this is... but I saw this.

I doubt most of these will get made. Maybe like 2 or 3 before they go crawling back to Disney.

giphy.gif

This whole thing makes me want to just roll into a ball and die. Holy fuck Sony please make the pain fucking stop.

And the reliance on dipshit duo Sazama and Sharpless just makes my skin fucking crawl.

OP
OP
Oct 31, 2017
Give me an R rated carnage film Sony.

They legally cannot. The contract specifies the movies have to be PG-13 or lower. Disney/Marvel would have to approve an "R" rated movie from the license if Sony wants to go that route.

13.a. SPE Creative and Business Control Over Productions. SPE shall have total creative and business control, in its sole discretion, over all matters relating to each Production and the development, production, creative content, marketing, distribution and other exploitation thereof, including without limitation total creative control and discretion regarding the depiction of the Property (and all elements thereof) in each such Production and in all marketing, advertising and promotional materials for each Production (and Marvel shall have no rights of approval or control with respect to any of the foregoing), except for (i) SPE's Character Integrity Obligations with respect to Core Elements under Section 13.c(ii) hereof, (ii) the $75 million minimum production budget requirement with respect to Pictures under Section 13.e(i) below, (iii) the 2000 screen requirement with respect to Pictures under Section 13.f below, and (iv) the PG-13 (or equivalent) rating requirement under Section 13.e(ii).

13.e. Production Specifications. Each Picture produced and completed by SPE shall conform to the following production specifications:

13.e(i) The all-in, above-the-line and below-the-line production budget of the Picture shall be not less than $75,000,000.

13.e(ii) The Picture shall qualify for an MPAA rating no more restrictive than PG-13 (or the equivalent thereof if such rating no longer exists).

pu5wtuZ.png

I know this is fanart but Carnage with white teeth and a Venom tongue bugs me so much. I hate it. Sony won't goof up this design aspect of him, right?

Venom's design was pretty good. Possibly the only good thing about the movie, so they might get Carnage right

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hey, I was just diagnosed with myasthenia gravis. Maybe I can be an underwhelming Spider-Man side character that gets their own failed Sony movie too!!

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol a Madame Web movie? What, is she going to sit in a chair for 2 hours?

I really don't jive with the more explicitly fantastical elements that have been tinkered with in Spider-Man throughout the years — Madam Web but there are things someone with vision could manage with the material.

If your lead was younger? Madam Web is basically a facsimile for DareDevil (except with mentalist abilities as oppose to heightened senses). Throw in the powers ability to be transfered/gifted and you could use Madam Web as a honorific title throughout time with the protagonist being a younger character that ends up inheriting the abilities.

Now that being said, I don't especially like the idea, but with the right spin who knows. To me the bigger issue is the thematic material being very 'out there' as well as an over reliance on 'Spider' themed characters.

Moving forward with Black Cat (featuring Silver Sable) and a Superior Foes of Spider-Man interpretation would be a better direction, and I only emphasize that being I could see Sony axing Blavk Cat/Silver Sable/Jackpot SMCU film in favor of pushing ANOTHER Spider person.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Ah, yes, the amazing writers of Dracula Untold.

Handling... fuckin Madame Fucking Web.

this is the fucking worst

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
HAHAHAHA Jackpot and Nightwatch? Good thing Sony doesn't have the X-Men license or they'd most likely make a Adam X movie.

Last edited:

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HAHAHAHA Jackpot and Nightwatch?

Jackpot is legit only on the table because she looks like Mary Jane, I'd bet that one isn't coming at all.

Night watch? Maybe. 'He's kinda like Batman!' Night watch? Maybe. They'd be better off adapting a successor to Prowler imo. But we've seen them shelf concepts before (such as Silver and Black)

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is trying to stretch Spider-Man too thin for movie properties and I don't see it working out for them.

HAHAHAHA Jackpot and Nightwatch? Good thing Sony doesn't have the X-Man license or they'd most likely make a Adam X movie.
These make even less sense than a Madame Web movie. There's nothing to really pull from with Jackpot and the main part of her character was the mystery with her identity, which wouldn't work in a solo movie.

Nightwatch over something like Prowler makes no sense at all.

Oh god. They wouldn't make Zendaya do a Jackpot movie...right?
Jackpot is a completely different character. She was created right after Marvel broke up Peter and MJ and wanted to create a bunch of new characters. She was basically just a thing to have people wonder if she was Mary Jane during a time where she wasn't present in the book. Just making Zendaya play her wouldn't really work unless they are just using the name.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
To be fair this IS a step up front ASM :P

I hadn't thought about that... Actually that would be one of the better ideas for adapting flipping Jackpot. XD

You see, MJ actually taking a vigilante name to help Spidey and having some wacky hijinks ensue would be nice.

An entire freaking movie of MJ asking us to take that seriously? LOL

Jackpot is a completely different character. She was created right after Marvel broke up Peter and MJ and wanted to create a bunch of new characters. She was basically just a thing to have people wonder if she was Mary Jane during a time where she wasn't present in the book. Just making Zendaya play her wouldn't really work unless they are just using the name.

Pretty confident this is all they're going to do.

I won't be surprised if Sony decides to do a "Harem" for Spider-Man with Jackpot, Silver Sable and Black Cat because "Millenials are really big on this show called Sword Art Online"

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You see, MJ actually taking a vigilante name to help Spidey and having some wacky hijinks ensue would be nice.

An entire freaking movie of MJ asking us to take that seriously? LOL

Pretty confident this is all they're going to do.

I won't be surprised if Sony decides to do a "Harem" for Spider-Man with Jackpot, Silver Sable and Black Cat because "Millenials are really big on this show called Sword Art Online"

Honestly I'm not expecting half of these to make it to film. I bet that a lot of these are just script commissions atm. Ignoring the to be wonderful animated stuff, and the shoe ins like Venom, Spidey 3-4, Morbius — I really only think that Kraven, Black Cat, Silk, and Madam Web are anywhere approach solid bets atm.

I honestly doubt that Madam Webb makes it. The name by itself is horrid.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I would really like to know how they convince themself that a madame Web solo film has a billion dollars audience.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. I'm just gonna slowly accept spider-man is dead.
Non MCU spidey is a no go for me.
Fuck Sony.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly I'm not expecting half of these to make it to film. I bet that a lot of these are just script commissions atm. Ignoring the to be wonderful animated stuff, and the shoe ins like Venom, Spidey 3-4, Morbius — I really only think that Kraven, Black Cat, Silk, and Madam Web are anywhere approach solid bets atm.

I honestly doubt that Madam Webb makes it. The name by itself is horrid.
In Sony Pictures investor presentation (in the spring), they listed for upcoming SUMC films:
- Venom
- Spider-Verse
- Far From Home
- Morbius
- Kraven

Through 2021, these are likely the only confirmed Spider-Man films we're getting. Honestly, Sony started they had 7-8 years of Spider-Man related content planned across film and TV. That was before the MCU deal fell through. Now that they have Spider-Man back, a lot of these plans are going to shift. So I'm gonna wait and see.

The thread where Sony announces the Lord and Miller Spider-Man TV show universe is going to be a doozy, especially if it's on HBO Max or Apple TV+ lol.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are all those know it alls now? Why aren't they posting in this thread? I wonder what could have changed?

A little premature to be gloating when Lord Millers stuff is in the pipe and this movie isn't even close to filming. People said the same of Venom and it was a huge hit. Like I get being sceptical, but there's a whole pile of nothing here to warrant declaring premature victory.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basically a plot device/exposition dump character.

Coolest thing about her is she was voiced by Stan Lee's wife in the cartoon

Well just a short glance at the character description and I think they could do interesting things here.

I'll reiterate tho that I have no idea who this character was or how its been portrayed in comics/cartoons before.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Madame Web doesn't fight. She warns Spider-Man of danger and she sees the "web" that connects all the spiders or whatever. Even if they do a movie they'd have to change so much to not make it boring it wouldn't even be Madame Web anymore

As she has been presented I'm really interested how they are gonna make a whole movie around her. An Aunt May movie would honestly have more to work with