• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The important part is at the end of the article.

The price of Sony's U.S.-listed shares fell 1.95% to $57.98 Tuesday afternoon. Microsoft stock was down 1.4% to $137.08, while the broader S&P 500 index was down 1.23%. Shares of Google parent Alphabet (GOOGL) fell 1.24% to $1,206.00.

The market was down across the board.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
A 2% dip honestly doesn't seem all that newsworthy. I wonder if the price drop will be enough to entice more people to try it out. I'm not particularly interested, yet, because I already have all of the games I want to play from the service.

I'd be much more interested in a Sony GamePass, honestly, but that probably won't be a viable option for them unless it proves to be wildly successful for MS.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
How can they know it's due to the PS Now news when the market as a whole was down?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure this has absolutely nothing to do with the PS Now announcement. A dip around ~2% is pretty normal. Especially now where Sony's stock was so high. And as others have mentioned, everybody was down. So this article doesn't make much sense.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
It's almost as if sometimes stocks go up, and sometimes stocks go down.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Nearly every time there's stock "news". Report the stock change, say that it came after something implying it is strongly related.

Sony stocks dip after I ordered a gardein meatless meatball sub with frank's red hot sauce from mr sub 6 days ago.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Gaming sites need to stay away from the stock market. Shits already embarrassing enough

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are weird for constantly reporting normal stock dips related to any business activity. Worse yet, there's no consideration for what's happening to the entire stock market These threads are the equivalent of that stupid infographic of Mario Kart sales from Polygon last generation.

Last edited:

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I see this stuff posted way too often. Does anybody know how the stock market operates? A 1.9 dip is not newsworthy

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
The stock market has 800 point drop over 2 days, and everything was down. Clearly this must be because of PSNow price drop.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Are we going to have a thread every time someone's stock goes down? Can we just have 1 thread about stock prices and leave it at that?

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone was down, so I don't see how the price cut announcement has any relevance or influence.

OP
OP
nolifebr

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Yeah, there's actual no proof that is related to the price drops. If any admin/mod actually wants to lock the thread, no problem to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.