• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you want an Infamous 4 one day?

• Yes

Votes: 401 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 113 22.0%

• Total voters

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's another of their middling series like Resistance and Killzone. Let them disappear and studios work on something original.
All of these series are fantastic. I am still glad the studios are doing new things now because we need more new AAA IPs. Really curious about Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man 2 and especially Horizon 2.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would prefer an inFAMOUS 3 which makes 2's evil ending canon and is set in a world where you as Cole are the leader of an army on Conduits in an all out war against normal human beings. Also would love the same story but instead of Cole being the playable character he's the evil guy and you're a recently activated Conduit in a city being invaded by Cole's army, and you can choose to join him or be one of the rare Conduits to resist him.
Also, if they ever make another inFAMOUS and bring back the Karma and choice systems I want real significant consequences for both, the story of 1 path should be wildly different than the other path.

This. Second Son and First Light are not bad but they're not good either. It only seems fitting to bring Cole back for inFAMOUS 3. Round up and finish off the trilogy. Make it an alternate reality or something, I dunna but they have to bring him back. Nobody wants these bunch of rejects from the newer games. It doesn't matter if Cole's dead, they can find a way. Hell part of the first game is about kessler coming back from the future. They can easily do it again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
EKqdGY_XkAAFe2q.jpg

Come on Sucker Punch.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Infamous is a B tier series. Pass. Would rather SuckerPunch work on something that ascends them a level like Guerilla with Horizon

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see one but I feel that the series has never quite landed into true greatness, just really good territory. Second Son had so many creative ideas but it's execution felt rather bland by the end.

First Light was probably the best iteration

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

ChopTwigs

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yea, I really enjoyed the inFamous games. If they did make a new one, I'd like to see Sucker Punch add unique superhero suits with different special abilities - similar to the latest Spider-Man game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I actually liked Delsin even though people wrote him off as Justin Bieber for some bizarre reason. Rare to get a Native American protagonist and I liked his relationship with his brother. Hope to see him back if they do continue the series.

Second Son was solid but definitely felt like a launch game and needed more time to add more content and stuff to do when its relatively small open world didn't have much side stuff.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I want more content like First Light. Just have short episodic releases with different characters, so we can have a variety of powers to use.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't mind if they did. I voted yes :). I enjoyed all the Infamous games. The graphics and particle effects in Second Son are so dam gorgeous. The neon lights looked crazy awesome! Granted, I haven't played the game since launch so I'm not sure if it still holds up or not. I would assume it does tho.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down for infamous 3 to finish off the series or what they can do is just continue the ip, I would actually like the ip just to be interchangable to different first party studios maybe hand bend the up to see what they can come up with.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Loved all InFamous games to date.

Would love Cole to come back. Really enjoyed the electricity powers. They could ramp up the powers even more and add more interactivity within the world.

But please don't try to appeal to the shitty, "why can't he drive cars" crowd. (Like that was ever a complaint in Spider-Man/Hulk/Prototype/Iron Man/Sunset Overdrive/Batman games)

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Definitely not my favorite Sony IP, by a long shot but I did finish all 3, I'd buy a 4th game at a discount sure, if we don't get one that's fine too.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, But only if it continues after Second Son. I don't care about Cole, his personality put me to sleep. Trey Baker made Delsin a character I could enjoy on different levels.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Second son felt like it was gimped from being a launch (window) title.

that being said, it was a great launch (window) title.

would welcome another infamous title but would expect it to not be as shallow as second son

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
No interest, Infamous Second Son really killed the remaining interest I had in the franchise. Come up with some new franchises for PS5.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I could totally go for a sequel to 2, but staring Delsin in some capacity even if he wasn't playable.

inFAMOUS 1 was one of the best twists I've ever seen in a game. Second Son was good, but that's it. The first two were amazing, and I'd love to see them bring them to the PS4 eventually.

And Festival of Blood. I was never lucky enough to play it, but I really wanted to.

May 17, 2018
I genuinely believed they were setting up the next game to be Cole (good) VS Delsin (evil) because both of those endings were so good.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Watch the reveal for Ghosts of Tsushima again. It looks Incredible - like their Uncharted

Oct 30, 2017
One day, sure.

But not anytime soon. Sony will release more than enough sequels to existing IPs in the next couple of years.

TLoU2, HZD2, GoW2, probably Spider-Man2 amd a new Ratchet&Clanck, Bend is expected to work on Days Gone 2....

New IPs next from Sony's big studios please

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Infamous: Second Son and First Light were so good and really enjoyed them, so can't wait for next one.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should definitely make a new one.

In my head it shouldnbe a customizable game. Create a character and choose their powers and then you get stronger and stronger throughout the game. Have choices in the story where you can be evil or good. There.

The customisation part would be really cool if done right.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They should make it follow on from the end of infamous 2.... follow on from BOTH endings.

Good Cole vs Bad Cole.

Bad Cole gains enough power to travel to the good timeline, which also triggers good cole's rebirth. they both fight over the fate of the timeline.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
One day, sure.

But not anytime soon. Sony will release more than enough sequels to existing IPs in the next couple of years.

TLoU2, HZD2, GoW2, probably Spider-Man2 amd a new Ratchet&Clanck, Bend is expected to work on Days Gone 2....

New IPs next from Sony's big studios please

Sequels are much more exciting then new IP's to me.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Cole being good being the canon endings for Infamous 1 & 2, given who he was and his exterior appearance and his origin story.

Deslin going evil in Second Son though, that has far more potential given the nature of his powers, he's literally a god among conduits!

Gameplay wise, I enjoyed Infamous 2 more the Second Son. The focus on multi-powers over just Cole's electricity was a downgrade, I feel like it was simply made that way because they wanted to show off the PS4's potential/graphics/lighting effects at the time. Cole's powers in Infamous 2 are way more fun. Second Son got a pass because it made traversing the city even easier when you get Fetch's powers.

That said I really just loved this series and hope we get another one, I 100%'d Second Son's achievements which was the first game I ever did that for.

Also still hoping we get a remastered Infamous 1/2 edition. I want to see Cole's electricity with some next gen particle effects Sucker Punch!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I am always eager for more InFamous! Beat the first game 7 times. I beat the second about four times. I've beaten Second Son five times.
The dlcs for 2 and Second Son are so much fun!

After Ghost of Tsushima, I hope SuckerPunch returns to InFamous!

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
The first game is still my favorite. Loved the setting and atmosphere and the comic book cutscenes. Kessler was awesome too.