• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna guess if Gran Turismo 7 is coming out this year, it's an October-November game, if it's coming at all. Gonna imagine COVID really messed up that games production cycle, because it went from having a release window to then just having a release year.

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
Nothing cool till 2022, hopefully a much better looking slim console is out by then.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
nice to see a bunch of targeted months, but I wouldnt put any stock on those. These things could easily change

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Athia in another year let's goo

p1HnZWX.gif

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of doom and gloom over FFXVI not being included in this list need to read the OP more closely. This is only games included in the b-roll footage they showed at CES. I really doubt Athia is further along than FFXVI.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any date for a AAA game that isn't within the next few months is most likely to be delayed.

This is true even if a game has a solid release date. Some games this year have a been delayed a couple times with Cyberpunk by far having the most.

Pragmata being delayed to 2023 hurts since that was the title I was most interested out of all the game reveals.

HebrewHammer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Been in dev for quite a while from what I understand. Iirc it even hadn't actually been heard of for a bit before it had resurfaced at the PS5 show. And yeh I'm happy to put myself on the list of those who were expecting Athia to be much further out considering its still being referred to as "project"

Oh, LDI has been around since maybe 2013 as a Kickstarter game. But the second you show it on a console showcase, development in many regards hits a hard reset. Ask the Ray's the Dead devs.

I'm still feeling like Athia is 2023. Lol

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
No Re8? Nothing for Feb also, I'll be getting Hitman 3 on pc so nothing until March for returnal whihh I'm still not 100% sure on it. Was hoping Ratchet and fill the Feb gap.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, LDI has been around since maybe 2013 as a Kickstarter game. But the second you show it on a console showcase, development in many regards hits a hard reset. Ask the Ray's the Dead devs.

I'm still feeling like Athia is 2023. Lol
You think it'll be delayed by 12+ months? Ye of little faith.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
No Re8? Nothing for Feb also, I'll be getting Hitman 3 on pc so nothing until March for returnal whihh I'm still not 100% sure on it. Was hoping Ratchet and fill the Feb gap.
Read the OP, the dates were only for games that appeared on the CES footage.
And since you talked about RE8, according to leaks pre orders will open this month so a date is coming.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Kena & Returnal in March? Weird timing TBH, why not give them some space? How about one in March and the other in April? Or April / May...
There is little to 0 overlap between the potential buyers of both games and this is not Sony's call either way, Kena is self-published and Sony wouldn't change the date of Returnal because of Destruction All starts in Feb and a possible R&C in April.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
Neither are coming in 2021.... Well GoW most definitely isn't coming until Spring/Summer 2022 at the earliest, and I would be really shocked if GT isn't delayed a few times.
God of War: Ragnarok is definitely a 2022 game.

Anything is possible at this point with God of War but the confidence it can't happen is odd to me. Especially when Sony has been very tight with release dates this gen.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I really want Ratchet and Clank as my next game but judging by still only 2021 as the release date tells me it won't be for a while yet.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess you're referring to what OP has to say regarding GT7 and GoW, and I'd just like to say that even if such game had appeared in the video getting an actual window or even a specific date had a chance of less than 1%. Sony isn't gonna announce such stuff for 1st party games in such a small way lmao.

They already revealed and adjusted a launch window for GT7 through ads already.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anything is possible at this point with God of War but the confidence it can't happen is odd to me. Especially when Sony has been very tight with release dates this gen.
Yeah it's weird. Ragnarok has been in development since before GoW released, so holiday 2021 being ~4 years after the first, which is just about the same length it took for GoW 2018. How does that equate to the sequel needing to take more than the first? A delay is far from impossible, but also not as likely as people think if they look back at the timelines of development .

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
FFXIV Forspoken in September
FF XVI in November
Athia in January

#believe

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I hate to bring this up, but release dates work on a "when it's finished" thing, especially right now.

Compare what you were anticipating in 2013 with what came out in 2014.

It's never good to look forward to a slate. They'll get it out when it's finished and most likely to sell. That goes for God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, and everything else.

That game you're wanting in March? Might be Summer. The Summer game? May be Christmas. The Christmas game. Definitely April. And so on.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I have a gut feeling that Pragmata will either

a) never release
b) undergo a complete reimagining
c) be middling to disappointing.

Why was that game revealed so far in advance with a trailer that tells us nothing about the game?

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
damn!!
ratchet and horizon without a date and god of war not mentioned.
I am really worried that with this sheet of COVID in full force, we can have a difficult year for releases...

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
Yeah, it's probably Bethesda, I don't think a marketing deal gets to set the launch date now that I think about it. I'm happy because Deathloop and Ghostwire are exactly the kind of games Game Pass will benefit the most.
They wont be on gamepass though.....at least not anytime soon.