• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This thread was locked earlier this morning. Please continue discussion in the already established thread.

this was posted by the mod, basically they still go around why is this not worth a discussion. i am not asking for much really, just explain what makes a thread worthy of a discussion and what isnt. should a thread about youtube viewcounts be locked as well from now on?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
this was posted by the mod, basically they still go around why is this not worth a discussion. i am not asking for much really, just explain what makes a thread worthy of a discussion and what isnt. should a thread about youtube viewcounts be locked as well from now on?
Because it's a bland logo, with a number attached to it. There's not much to really talk about other then self hyping for next gen.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I too feel the need to discuss how much my favorite brand is liked in order to validate what I like. My brand. My sweet, sweet brand.
Tell us how you really feel. What's so silly about discussing social network metrics in the age of social networks? I mean, it's clear why some people are annoyed, but the rule was new news new thread, only now apparently that doesn't seem to apply for some weird reason.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

We need more twitch views threads though, those are amazing.

/S

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because it's a bland logo, with a number attached to it. There's not much to really talk about other then self hyping for next gen.

What? It is as much as a relevant discussion as anything else in the front page

It shows an unpredecent level of engagement on social media for something gaming related

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
miniature-horse-corrals-11.jpg

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I made a mistake and did not realize it until another mod brought it to my attention. It has been reopened. Sorry for the inconvenience

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
We already know why the thread keeps getting closed. I think people are just having fun poking lol
It's re-opened now lol

I'm really hoping the mods to keep Sony insanity in check when the devices launch. The launch of Xb1 and Ps4 timeline on Gaf was probably the most embarrassing time to be a gamer for me.

I had just given a bunch of coworkers the link to Gaf talking about how it was a relaxed and informed gaming site and for a couple of months after launch it had become one the most ultra hardcore Sony fanboy site around. Anything that wasn't praising CBOAT was attacked, any positive comments concerning Xb1 lead to astroturfing accusations

Hopefully all parties can be allowed to have constructive discussions

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
It's re-opened now lol

I'm really hoping the mods to keep Sony insanity in check when the devices launch. The launch of Xb1 and Ps4 timeline on Gaf was probably the most embarrassing time to be a gamer for me.

I had just given a bunch of coworkers the link to Gaf talking about how it was a relaxed and informed gaming site and for a couple of months after launch it had become one the most ultra hardcore Sony fanboy site around. Anything that wasn't praising CBOAT was attacked, any positive comments concerning Xb1 lead to astroturfing accusations

Hopefully all parties can be allowed to have constructive discussions
Sure, if it's kept in check both ways. If not, I say just let everyone run free

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (5 days): platform warring, history of similar infractions
1578411674-img-9527.jpeg

1578411674-img-9528.jpeg

In 15 hours, Sony did a 4x in engagement with a stupid logo versus Microsoft with a full design reveal, in a month. Puts things back in perspective.
this is sooo sad. basically sony could shit in the faces of fans and they would still get cheered on.
why are people so conservative?
i really hope ms gets their shit together and make the xsx the ultimate system:
snappy, fast, best graphics, exclusives, innovative new features during its lifetime.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
^lol

This is the kind of madness, overreactions, embarrassment, salt, gifs, mass hysteria that breathes life into message forums. I love this shit!
The next few months/year is going to be absolutely glorious!

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I hope youtube views topics get locked starting now as well then lol

A bit different considering this thread already exists.. I mean if it really means that much, OP could update to add as much info to the title of this thread and have the same effect as a new thread without the waste.

Crazy numbers though, PS has managed to beat the Kardashians.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I guess their still shook after Spider-man font PS3 and stayed conservative....at least the font will change somewhat by the time PS9 comes out in 2078...man, are the next 5 gens going to last a decade each?

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
What is 3D Audio Sound?

One of the best 3D Audio experiences is offered by Dobly Atmos. However, users require external hardware to make it work. From what we know about Sony's 3D Audio technology, it only works with compatible headphones right now and requires game developers to spend extra time designing 3D audio.

The sounds designers would need to place individual instrument and effect within a virtual sphere.

PS5 3D audio technology is expected to work similarly to Creative's SXFI technology. The creators use a holographic algorithm to replicate immersive soundstage.

What's interesting about this technology is that you might not need compatible headphones at all. The current state of 3D audio requires compatible hardware but Sony's tech is different. The company has created an amp that transforms any decent headphone into 3D audio compatible hardware.

Spartan

Nov 14, 2018
because the ps5/series x console wars have just begun my friend, and right now we dont know enough other things about them besides this logo and the series x form factor. So until we can start insulting eachother over the technical specs of our preffered plastic box, we will scream at eachother over which logo is better, and which plastic box sold better ten years ago, because we still need that validation of course.
Sounds about right man.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I guess their still shook after Spider-man font PS3 and stayed conservative....at least the font will change somewhat by the time PS9 comes out in 2078...man, are the next 5 gens going to last a decade each?
I don't know if console generations will continue being a thing, we'll have to see how the next generation goes and how much cloud gaming takes over

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
The articles being recommended to me online about this have the most bizarre and clickbaity headlines, wow.

"Sony just won nextgen with a single upload!"
"Sony posts PS5 logo- becomes laughing stock of the internet!"

I can only block the sources of the articles faster enough.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if console generations will continue being a thing, we'll have to see how the next generation goes and how much cloud gaming takes over

Well it's just a matter of of time.

It has exponential growth potential, each year to another power.

Right now stadias population is around 1¹
Next year it could be 1² and the year after that 1³

By the end of the decade stadia is on track to have a player population of 1¹0