• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the Wired reveal I feel like Sony has been going slow. Maybe too slow. Makes me think they are trying to time it perfectly, working on sharpening the message as best as possible, knowing MS might have outdone them tech wise.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since the Wired reveal I feel like Sony has been going slow. Maybe too slow. Makes me think they are trying to time it perfectly, working on sharpening the message as best as possible, knowing MS might have outdone them tech wise.
Nah, they're just waiting for a well-planned stealth kill at E3 :)

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao @ people thinking that long silences or "boring" reveals are some kind of admission of being "weaker".

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
It would be insane if Microsoft is able to claim OG Xbox backwards compatibility and these jokers can't even manage a PS1 emulator. For fuck's sake.

I'm with you. Not seeing BC was the first thing I noticed on those list of features, as well. And will be disappointed when we don't receive full BC.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao @ people thinking that long silences or "boring" reveals are some kind of admission of being "weaker".
Well, sure.

But let's assume the rumor of PS5 having less TF than Series X is true.
They need to bring their A game with literally everything else.

I'm with you. Not seeing BC was the first thing I noticed on those list of features, as well. And will be disappointed when we don't receive full BC.
It's kind of shocking at the very least that it doesn't say "backwards compatibility" in that image after Cerny said it would be able to do that... this can only tell me BC is partial, i.e. PS4 only, and they don't want to mislead anyone before doing a proper reveal of the finalized console.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
"black-on-white" variant

49341985873_65a56ebd54_c.jpg

Holy cow, there's even a small TM and a R thingy this time!!1 *faints*

Next one needs to be white on blue background though.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
It's kind of shocking at the very least that it doesn't say "backwards compatibility" in that image after Cerny said it would be able to do that... this can only tell me BC is partial, i.e. PS4 only, and they don't want to mislead anyone before doing a proper reveal of the finalized console.

It isn't shocking at all.

Announcing BC is a huge card for SONY that will have way more weight in a big reveal with the whole system. Why would they do it now and why would anyone believe they would at CES?

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Well, sure.

Like I said, would be disappointing if it is the case.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, but they need to stick with something bright and colorful. Think about going to Target; MS section is green, Nintendo is red, Sony is... black. It just won't stand out against the competition. Blue looks good, so there's no point in changing it.

Oct 30, 2017
Full BC is not that important like many on era think.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Well, sure.

I don't think they have to do anything else than what they're already doing. The PS brand is crazy big after this generation, and with so many having a big digital library and BC being almost guaranteed it'll take something extremely surprising and awesome to actually get PS fans to swap ecosystem at this point. This isn't an exaggeration. I guess MS could get more core gamers to double dip on both PS5 and XSX though if the exclusives are great.

But I'm still hoping we'll see a MS success story this time, they deserve it after the changes since the XB1 launch. And I'll never stop being grateful that they're putting their games out on PC as well. XSX is also where I'll be dipping my toes first this time simply because of Gamepass.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, but they need to stick with something bright and colorful. Think about going to Target; MS section is green, Nintendo is red, Sony is... black. It just won't stand out against the competition. Blue looks good, so there's no point in changing it.
PS1/2/3 were black lol.
Sure hurt them.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
How is this thread not a one-and-done?

Era can turn any post into a 60 page thread debating the semantics, and thought process of calling a console PS5.

I do not understand how we're on post 1000 for this thread. I couldn't see how there's that much to talk about with a port and just reconfirming everything they already said.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I love how some people are using the fact that the Xbox account has less followers than the playstation one as some sort of excuse for why the PS5 logo has got so many likes.

Like, the fact they have so many followers in comparison adds to the argument that playstation has the more liked brand, not excuse xbox for not getting as much attention 😂

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Era can turn any post into a 60 page thread debating the semantics, and thought process of calling a console PS5.

I do not understand how we're on post 1000 for this thread. I couldn't see how there's that much to talk about with a port and just reconfirming everything they already said.

No fun police.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I honestly can't tell if many people in this thread are being unintentionally daft or taking the piss or what...
Between the equivalents of "Sony shot themselves in the foot" to "so creative that logo!"... I just... I feel like I need a drink.

Either way, it's been a wild ride! :D

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I honestly can't tell if many people in this thread are being unintentionally daft or taking the piss or what...
Between the equivalents of "Sony shot themselves in the foot" to "so creative that logo!"... I just... I feel like I need a drink.

Either way, it's been a wild ride! :D

Nothing like a good ole console war thread to validate your entertainment box of choice.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
on YouTube those follower numbers are probably roughly equivalent to the number of views each corresponding video would get.

Exactly and it doesnt really mean anything to me while I'm sat playing a game.

It hurts me to think we have got to the point that we are discussing views on youtube, likes on instagram.

The whole forum went crazy at microsoft sharing MAUs but this is some next level shit.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I love how some people are using the fact that the Xbox account has less followers than the playstation one as some sort of excuse for why the PS5 logo has got so many likes.

Like, the fact they have so many followers in comparison adds to the argument that playstation has the more liked brand, not excuse xbox for not getting as much attention 😂
Right. You can't ignore the context when examining the two strategies.

Microsoft is in a much better spot than they were a few years ago, but they still need to make their case to the buying public.

PlayStation has the luxury of being the globally dominant brand. They don't need to make a pitch. They don't need to reinvent themselves. Barring any catastrophic PS3-esque blunders, all they need to say is "Here's the next one."