• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like it! :)
Looks better than the PS4 logo, because the 4 didn't match the P and S as well as the 5 now does.

Logo+Playstation+4.JPG

ps5-logo.jpg
Agreed, I like that the PS5 logo also has less spacing between the letters.

When a logo reveal is more popular then a console reveal
bP3i0W8.jpg
M8I975f.jpg
lol

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
What is 3D Audio sound ?
Isn't it just surround sound, I mean we have always been able to listen to footsteps one floor above us in games. (RE2)
360 Audio by Sony is the alternative to Dolby Atmos, so it's their middle ware to surround sound. Some streaming services like Tidal already use it and it's nice. Hopefully, Sony will use their ray tracing features for that and we get games like this.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
bP3i0W8.jpg
M8I975f.jpg
ok i was about to take this very seriously because i was just so floored at the idea instagram is the relevant metric here. but honestly, good joke! (i def think everything sony does will continue to get more attention out of the gate but i also think everyone knows much better ways to measure that, lol)

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My god this doom and gloom. When Sony starts talking PS5 in februari/march and the marketing machine starts rolling it will be like 8-9 months of them doing anything they can to push the new console. By the end we'll be sick of it and just want the machine. It's january ffs.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
It's like watching a striptease in ultra slow motion, when they finally reveal the looks, price and everything I'll have to sleep for three days straight, whew.

Nice logo.

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand wanting a continuation from the super successful PS4, but some of the fan efforts for the logo have been amazing. My favourite being the 'P5'. (The PS logo but with the 'S' swapped out for a 5.)

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
The PS4 pro has that too, no?

Guess the news here is they haven't dropped it for the physical fans? Idk.

No, Pro doesn't have a UHD Blu-ray drive. And when you see how these discs sell, it wasn't a bad decision at all. I wish they would sell like DVDs, but these days are over;(

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Why not? Instagram is probably the most popular social medium at this moment, definitely for the age demographic.
and it's also much more personality based than most platforms. the_playstationguy's likes would probably give a more accurate picture. (made up influencer name)

again, it would tell the same story, yes.

doesn't mean the original example was good. and it was intentionally not so.

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Never expected to see anything of the ps5 at ces but that didnt stop me having a little hope and it being shit on

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Like: the PS icon is and will always be perfect
Dislike: the font used for the PS5 text, use the original PS1 PlayStation font you cowards, work that nostalgia, and give med the PS1 intro sound on boot-up

It's OK, the big three have pretty nice iconography at the moment - Xbox globe, PS icon, and Switch controller mirror. I just wish they'd push each systems unique features into icons instead of relying on the ancient brandings, like Ninty does. But yeah why take risks when you already have an established brand.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I love that "Ultra HD bluray" is a bulletpoint on a slide at CES 2020.

Something Xbox One S has had since 2016.

I think Sony is bullet-pointing it more as the games medium than for the movie playback. Something that is indeed new in the next generation.

In any case, given that it was conspicuous by its absence in the Pro, if Sony did not specify it, no doubt there'd be a lot of concern out there about it.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been fun to see fan mock ups in recent months that could never get the 5 looking right.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I mean, the PS4 was announced in February 2013 but the console wasn't revealed until e3 of that year, was Sonya arrogant back then as well? Why are some so impatient?

I'm not raging angry but I did come off that way oops lol. I think it's the long period of relative silence and no shows at industry events. I got hyped up for a blow the lid off thing for PS5 and it's been more of a slow trickle. But yea I am impatient. I'm ready for next gen and really ready for details :)

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Honestly this is more PS5 news than I was expecting to come out of CES.

Can we now just get the date for the PS Meeting already, so we can move on?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
ok i was about to take this very seriously because i was just so floored at the idea instagram is the relevant metric here. but honestly, good joke! (i def think everything sony does will continue to get more attention out of the gate but i also think everyone knows much better ways to measure that, lol)

one has 9 million followers the other 22.2 mil

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
They should've showed the console at least. Unless the top management decided to send the designers back to the drawing board after the Xbox Series X reveal.

I mean the PS5 is releasing this year, after all. Holiday 2020 isn't so far away.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
don't really pay much attention to console logo/fonts, as long as it isn't loud, in your face, atrocious then its fine.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
User Banned (1 week): Antagonising another user, previous ban for the same
bP3i0W8.jpg
M8I975f.jpg

Wow. In six hours.

Also, is Xbox genuinely going to use the 'power your dreams' tagline? I thought that was some cheesy-ass slogan someone like Klobrille thought up. It's terrible. Why don't they double down on 'jump in'.

They should've showed the console at least. Unless the top management decided to send the designers back to the drawing board after the Xbox Series X reveal.

I mean the PS5 is releasing this year, after all. Holiday 2020 isn't so far away.

Dude, this wasn't their 'reveal' or any news at all. The PS5 will have it's own dedicated event, likely in February. People need to chill.

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Just curious - what unique features of PS/Xbox would translate well into icons?
I don't know. PS4's touch pad? Xbox One's... all outta ideas hehehe

Like stated in my previous post, the PS and Xbox icons are perfect as is. It's just want a new, a unique icon for each system gen, because it's fun. Xbox 360 had skeuomorphism with its silver globe, that stood out from the current one which is a silhouette of that version, PS icon is a monochromatic version of the beautiful classic.

But they won't go crazy with the designs because they've put so much money into establishing the brands already. The hardware is just a PC with a controller nowadays, nothing unique about them at all, so it all makes sense. Neither wants to "rock the boat", and the consumers seem fine with that. Like I said, I'm just greedy and want something more, something new.

I've been perusing too many icon and logo design books from the 70's.