• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
This is another pretty good color choice imo. Feels familiar somehow, like it reminds me of the PSP XMB.

VVfq41J.png

That looks fantastic.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
There we go. Today we got excited about the back of one new console and the logo of the other.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
You got to appreciate the minimalistic style. It's conventional and unconventional at the same time. Familiar but alluring in a sorta sensual way

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Sony really set themselves on the right path with PlayStation -> PlayStation 2 -> PlayStation 3 etc. They can just rock that until the end of time.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Are you being genuine right now? I can't tell lol. Why would it get memed?

It's literally just replacing the 3/4 from the last consoles with 5.
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about typography (I'm an expert), but kerning and tracking are huge parts of it. It's not like with Xbox where you can become successful by just using an X for everything. If you screw someone over in typography, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the typography public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase PS5, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.
Sony, publicly apologize and cancel the PS5 logo or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Are you being genuine right now? I can't tell lol. Why would it get memed?

It's literally just replacing the 3/4 from the last consoles with 5.

Well I'm seeing memes on Twitter already so I guess I am being genuine yes? Anywah it's more that this was all they showed, an uninspiring logo replacing the 3/4 for a 5 and nothing else.

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
I never liked the PS3 Slim and PS4 logo. It's boring as heck to me. Was expecting a fresh new one for the PS5 as it's getting long in the tooth now. Disappointed to be honest. I hope they at least bring back a console intro, like the PS1 and PS2 had. Those were iconic, just like the Dreamcast and Gamecube ones, for example. People attach feelings to these things and they contribute positively to the brand.

Like, a quick lightning and the logo emerges. Something cool, quick and exciting. That'd do for me!

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
it's an extremely funny reveal but anyone acting like it's legitimately a bad thing is reaching.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm seeing memes on Twitter already so I guess I am being genuine yes? Anywah it's more that this was all they showed, an uninspiring logo replacing the 3/4 for a 5 and nothing else.
Oh no, not the Twitter memes... It's almost as if most Twitter users only go there to look for memes. You should probably stop calling people defensive just because they called you out. It's the same logo they've had since forever and you're acting like it's some new change they've done...?

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Anyone else find it boring they are using the same logo for 3 gens in a row? I like how ps1 and ps2 had their own logos and branding, it made it feel even more like a different gen.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right on brand I guess. Not exactly blowing me away but it's just a logo.

Both Playstation and Xbox brands went with repeat logos for next gen. Lame.