• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.

0687851cc6a9bb1213b5a12c9f8408ac.png

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
The fact that Sony even had a small portion of their conference dedicated to PS is a testament to how big and important that has become for them.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theirs your next 100 million + selling console folks. Simple and easy to understand.
No point in changing a logo everyone's already used to. Just add the 5 and set go. Simple is better.

Microsoft kinda fucked themselves over with the names, which is a topic that always comes up because the different names somehow get weirder and weirder.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I would like to hear if they're planning to do more than that. Even though there were only like six original Xbox games of note, the fact Microsoft can claim multiple generations of backwards compatibility is a selling point Sony needs to push back against.
With 106m PS4 sold, I would not be shocked if it only supports PS4 BC. I think that will be enough for the majority.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Just for shits and giggles, watch this logo get me retweets than xsx announcement.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't understand all the comments about the PS5 logo...I guess NO ONE realized that the PS5 logo was created using the PS5's Hardware based Ray Tracing! How can you not be excited about that? The way Jim Ryan announced that he is proud to reveal the new PS Logo....and it just goes over everybody's head that it was not only a logo but a PS5 Ray Traced logo.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Smooth transition to next gen already accomplished lol.

And no roman V in the final design.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
so it literally won't mean jack shit obviously, but that 5 looks a little awkward beside the P and S

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I understand it's the typeface and it's for differentiation so as not to make the 5 look like an alternative "S" character in the library, but holy FUCK does that 5 look like shit next to those other two characters. That hard angle on the top-left looks like a mistake.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It looks basically like the mock-up logos everyone else was using. Like, I realise that you shouldn't fix what isn't broken, but this is basically the least surprising logo that they could have come up with.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Weak sauce. Where is the toy itself. Favorite company Sony, you're no longer my favorite company.