• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Was hoping for a brand new logo honestly but that's fine. Guess they'll use that in the future as well as proof that worked great for the second part of the PS3 era and the PS4.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sony really went outside their comfort zone with this new logo.

In all seriousness, I was hoping for a little more meat than a logo. Why even talk PS5 at all if you didn't want to bring anything'new to the table.

As an escaped, failed clone of Gordon Ramsay, Jim Ryan only knows how to do one thing: nothing. They never programmed him with anything.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That is definitely a logo

Atleast hopefully now people can shut up about there being no HW based raytracing...something that was never going to be true

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they showed the logo and some features pretty much any consumer electronics enthusiast attending their show already knew about? Ok.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
Why would they waste everyone's time having Jim on stage to regurgitate the Wired articles, rerun a PS4 sizzle reel, and unveil a logo?

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: platform wars
this is a complete waste of time. The only rational explanation was that after the Xbox announcement they changed their CES plans

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 BC was already confirmed by Cerny.

I would like to hear if they're planning to do more than that. Even though there were only like six original Xbox games of note, the fact Microsoft can claim multiple generations of backwards compatibility is a selling point Sony needs to push back against.

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
I would like to hear if they're planning to do more than that. Even though there were only like six original Xbox games of note, the fact Microsoft can claim multiple generations of backwards compatibility is a selling point Sony needs to push back against.
PS3/2/1 BC ain't happening. Don't get your hopes up.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
It doesn't look as balanced as the PS4 logo to me but I think they're making the right call having the 5 mimic the shape of the P as much as possible. I'll get used to it.