• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
As opposed to PS4

playstation-4-logo-01.png

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Groundbreaking. Unexpected. Phenomenal. Revolutionary. This logo will be remembered for generations to come.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im not sure what people were expecting from CES, lol

its a no brainier that they'd wait for a dedicated event for the ps5 reveal

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Four more PlayStation series before I get my augmented reality using micro robots in my brain.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen mock ups that look exactly the same. Not sure why they are sticking with the same logo 3 gens in a row :/ Ultimately it doesn't matter of course but it's not very exciting.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Well, MS, I apologize. A console reveal can be worse than yours.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Still no formal confirmation of backwards compatibility, huh Sony? Probably would be nice to confirm that instead of 3D goddamn audio.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to say "yay", but now that I think about it, haven't they been using the same font for 3 (maybe 2 1/2 since PS3 used it later) gens now? Kind of boring.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
next press conference they are gonna announce that the ps5 will play games. the internet will blow up with excitement at the marvelous news.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Sony really went outside their comfort zone with this new logo.

In all seriousness, I was hoping for a little more meat than a logo. Why even talk PS5 at all if you didn't want to bring anything'new to the table.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fucking shocked they'd go with that!*

*Denotes not really being shocked.