• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I understood what you meant, but for titles such The Last of Us pt.2, Death Standing and Ghost of Tsushima, Sony would most likely hype their showing through their social media channels for something like a new State of Play.

Why would AMD show a Sony-owned game running on a Sony-owned engine at their event?

Sony are the publisher. Why would he? It is not like he had control over the trademark, IP or engine.

Maybe. We could get a solid release window for Death Stranding.

Why would Phil spencer be on stage with Lisa Su, showing off Forza which they make internally?

That bundle will be sold out everywhere in Europe. Any word on people in the states getting that release of the bundle?

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The Last of Us 2 is in its final stages of development, says game's Co-Director

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last...stages-of-development-says-games-co-director/

What an awful headline. It's based off that job tweet that was posted on here a few days ago with the term "closing out". Lol, they basically admit their headline is BS later on

We could be talking several months before those new employees are actually able to help "close out" development, a process which – in itself – has a infamously flexible timeline.

In short; yes, it's great that the studio is finishing up its development with The Last of Us 2, but that doesn't mean we can expect to see the sequel launching before Christmas.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the devs visited PlayStation HQ a few weeks or months ago? Also, I know that Firewall Zero Hour is multiplayer game through and through, but I wonder if they could work on a solo mission mode or co-op campaign mode.

I'd love a single player campaign, game looks so good, but MP only is a no go for me alas.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
last stage...you mean the hardest part where everything doesn't work until it works......overtime will happen, just hope PS make it worth it for people at ND.....

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Seeing how Nintendo is doing a direct for just Super Mario Maker 2 tomorrow, why can't Sony utilize State of Play just for TLOU2 or DS?

If TLOU2 is at all in the realms of possibility to release in 2019, one 10-15 minute SOP dedicated to it, with behind the scenes looks, some gameplay and (if releasing for sure this year) with a Fall 2019 or Winter 2019 at the end of it would be great. Especially around E3 week, which would help stabilize the boat at least for the fans wanting something from Sony around E3 without actually being there.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Seeing how Nintendo is doing a direct for just Super Mario Maker 2 tomorrow, why can't Sony utilize State of Play just for TLOU2 or DS?

If TLOU2 is at all in the realms of possibility to release in 2019, one 10-15 minute SOP dedicated to it, with behind the scenes looks, some gameplay and (if releasing for sure this year) with a Fall 2019 or Winter 2019 at the end of it would be great. Especially around E3 week, which would help stabilize the boat at least for the fans wanting something from Sony around E3 without actually being there.
Because it isn't coming this year.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I don't believe in "for the art of the work and the joy of players to crunch".....I hope PS offers better material rewards.....(I know nothing just hope for it)
I mean I think Sony treats their developers well. They certainly give them complete autonomy and give them a lot of support, both technical and creative. As far as game pubs go, SIE seems to be a great place to develop for.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe in "for the art of the work and the joy of players to crunch".....I hope PS offers better material rewards.....(I know nothing just hope for it)
Yup, it's shit. How can they keep thinking rationally while working 14-hour days? I just don't believe they can be fully productive all that time since game development needs a lot of thought process.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
Yup, it's shit. How can they keep thinking rationally while working 14-hour days? I just don't believe they can be fully productive all that time since game development needs a lot of thought process.
In my head, not in the field, I can justify that they just do this every two years for six months, and they are guaranteed not being fired for a 5 to 10 years, and paid well for overtime, all those sorts of things (I know none of those).
A 10% finished game is as bad as a 90% finished game in my opinion..... the last stage is kinda inevitably overtime intense......

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is Sony forcing them or it's just a ND thing? Sony have been giving their studios a lot of time and I can't imagine them demanding a 2019 release for TLoU from ND.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Is Sony forcing them or it's just a ND thing? Sony have been giving their studios a lot of time and I can't imagine them demanding a 2019 release for TLoU from ND.
Ya ND is definitely a studio Sony would be wise to let them take as much time as needed. And I think that's exactly what they're doing. If anyone's pushing for 2019, it's ND.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
We've known crunching is a big part of Naughty Dog culture for a long time, basically their logic has been "you don't make game of the year candidates without crunch". Really sad that its still the case honestly and a bit disappointed in Druckmann still allowing it to occur now he's vice president of ND.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the new page some of Days Gone total sales we know:

Japan 148,195
UK 110,000
Spain 38,000
18w8k5r.jpg
2245889_1t8kjw.jpg

The Last of Us 2 is in its final stages of development, says game's Co-Director

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last...stages-of-development-says-games-co-director/
February/March 2020 confirmed!

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
I'm super excited for MediEvil, I can't wait.
Hope that the Digital Deluxe will be physical as well.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Don't think they are forced.
Take Warner Bros Games studios as example, Warner Bros Montreal has a no-crunch policy and Rocksteady cares about employees health but at the same time there's NRS and their recent crunch stories. Naughty Dog's crunch is, sadly, a normal and accepted thing but to be the top in the industry the crunch is somehow needed, all the top tier studios right now have a crunch history, see Rockstar, CDPR, Santa Monica and ND.

They gave/giving Sp, Bend,Mm,pixel opus hella time. I don't see why and would be Nd different

It's studio culture, Sony gave time to Santa Monica as well for God of War but they crunched too.

0xroot

Oct 11, 2018
Not defending crunch by any mean, but at least it seems that ND/Sony and others compensate.
It is not the solution and something big has to change in the industry to avoid it unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.