• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
remember that they also have for next year:
-DS
-Ghost of tsushima
-new title from state of play
-nioh 2
-MLB
-othe unannounced PS5 launch titles
-possibly FF7R if that is still PS first
-other games i am probably forgetting

i just cant see how they would fit all that in the 2020 lineup, they have to get it out this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has had very few major releases at the end of the year. It won't matter to them if TLoU doesn't make it. I am sure they would prefer it does but yeah.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
There are two big Q4 games that Sony had released, GTS and Spider-Man(well, that was even Q3 but I am generous)
Yeah, I don't think Sony are desperate to have games to release in Q4. They are carried by strong third-party support and marketing deals there. Most of their biggest games have released in Q1 & Q2.

Especially with The Last of Us they would have no problems delaying it even if it is planned for this year. It's guaranteed huge sales as long as it is good, no matter when it releases.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Sony has had very few major releases at the end of the year. It won't matter to them if TLoU doesn't make it. I am sure they would prefer it does but yeah.

At this rate TLOU2 can come whenever they want.

Revenue is off the charts, hardware is flying off the shelfs.. PSVR keeps getting better and this month we got Blood & Truth that will pump those numbers further since it's more of a wide spread audience game.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
-DS
-Ghost of tsushima
-nioh 2
-MLB

i just cant see how they would fit all that in the 2020 lineup, they have to get it out this year.

Exactly. It makes me crazy when most here push everything into next year!

Oct 25, 2017
-DS
-Ghost of tsushima
-nioh 2
-MLB

It would be fine.

2016 had UC4, Ratchet and Clank, MLB, etc... Last few years have been stuffed with games and it went well overall.

I highly doubt they are going to rush TLoU II just to avoid 2020. When it is done, it will be released.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It would be fine.

2016 had UC4, Ratchet and Clank, MLB, etc... Last few years have been stuffed with games and it went well overall.

I highly doubt they are going to rush TLoU II just to avoid 2020. When it is done, it will be released.
this is still much less games than the 2020 lineup.
if we move TLOU2 in there, we already have 3 mega titles in that year and that is assuming horizon 2 isnt. in 2016 we only had U4 as the big game, in 2017 only horizon, in 2018 2 big titles, you really think they will release 1 in 2019 and 4 in 2020?

Oct 25, 2017
this is still much less games than the 2020 lineup.
if we move TLOU2 in there, we already have 3 mega titles in that year and that is assuming horizon 2 isnt. in 2016 we only had U4 as the big game, in 2017 only horizon, in 2018 2 big titles, you really think they will release 1 in 2019 and 4 in 2020?
Your list includes games of all sizes. GTS also came out in 2017 IIRC. Last year had God of War and Spidey and those were massive releases.

All I am saying is that they aren't going to release it in a lesser quality just to avoid 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Sony would want to release tlou2 in the fall.

Why compete with all the other games there?
What would be the reasoning? Do you sell more copies? Does it increase ps4 sales the most?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

What would be the reasoning? Do you sell more copies? Does it increase ps4 sales the most?
1) it can stand for itself
2) the 2020 lineup is too big to not hurt other titles, having a TLOU2 vaccum in addition would just be an all around bad idea.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017

Well first of all, TLOU2 is an established IP and as a result it is probably going to sell either way. Second of all, it appears that this year there aren't that many huge Fall games. Last year you had RDR2 and AC:Odyssey as well as Spider-Man a bit earlier.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect more than 3 PS5 1P exclusives at launch.

Also 2017 was packed !
Goddamn I bought all that except two lol

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
-DS
-Ghost of tsushima
-nioh 2
-MLB

I can see DS or Ghost as a cross-gen title as Zelda. But maybe I'm crazy.

And wait. Is nioh 2 confirmed for next year?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
TLOu2 has to release this year because that 60fps PS5 release is coming soon after launch baby...

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
Hey all, sorry it's a tad off topic, but a sort of request and question combination about First Party twitter interaction upon game releases.

I've been grabbing pictures that studios have drawn featuring other studios characters upon launch of big games like GoW, Spider-Man and Days Gone, just wondering if any of you knew of some others I might have missed? I rarely seem to find any Naughty Dog interactions sadly. What I've got so far:

Guerilla Games drawing of Aloy teaching Atreus to use bow and arrow with Kratos looking on. On GoW launch.

Guerilla Games drawing of Aloy, Kratos, Atreus and Spider-Man in a battle pose. On Spider-Man launch.

Santa Monica Studios drawing of Spider-Man dangling down taking a picture of Atreus & Kratos on Spider-Man launch.

Santa Monica Studios drawing of Kratos chasing Atreus and Decon on Deacons bike on Days Gone launch.

Sucker Punch drawing of Jin and Deacon back to back attacking zombies on Days Gone launch.

Bonus art from Japan Studio of Astro Bots as Kratos and Atreus in celebration of their nominations at the Game Awards.

I swear I've seen some crossovers with regards to Detroit launch, and I'm guessing there were previous interactions between the studios before. Just wondering if any of you can recall some others I might have missed?

Sorry for not posting pics, I'm on my phone during a break at work.

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
I swear I've seen some crossovers with regards to Detroit launch, and I'm guessing there were previous interactions between the studios before. Just wondering if any of you can recall some others I might have missed?

pretty sure GG's twitter started this after HZD launch. it wasn't a common thing last gen.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY

I mean Spiderman released in September and that was against a lot of games in October. Last of Us will be the only big single player game releasing in fall everything else is going to be Multiplayer focused.

Assassins creed is the only game it would compete against, and honestly Last of us has way more hype than AC.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
TLOu2 has to release this year because that 60fps PS5 release is coming soon after launch baby...
I'm not an expert when it comes to analyzing the logistics behind release dates of games, but for anyone in the know what would be the financial pros and cons to releasing TLOU2 this fall for the PS4 versus releasing it next year for the PS4 and as a PS5 launch title?

Consumers are going to buy the PS5 regardless of if and when The Last of Us 2 releases on the system.

What I'd like to know is if Sony would have profited more from TLOU1 had they delayed its release to coincide with the launch of the PS4 later that fall. Let's assume that TLOU Remastered was a PS4 launch title. Would it have elevated Sony's fortunes to release both versions on the launch day of the PS4 or whenever the PS4 version was ready to be released?

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, sorry it's a tad off topic, but a sort of request and question combination about First Party twitter interaction upon game releases.

I've been grabbing pictures that studios have drawn featuring other studios characters upon launch of big games like GoW, Spider-Man and Days Gone, just wondering if any of you knew of some others I might have missed? I rarely seem to find any Naughty Dog interactions sadly. What I've got so far:

Guerilla Games drawing of Aloy teaching Atreus to use bow and arrow with Kratos looking on. On GoW launch.

Guerilla Games drawing of Aloy, Kratos, Atreus and Spider-Man in a battle pose. On Spider-Man launch.

Santa Monica Studios drawing of Spider-Man dangling down taking a picture of Atreus & Kratos on Spider-Man launch.

Santa Monica Studios drawing of Kratos chasing Atreus and Decon on Deacons bike on Days Gone launch.

Sucker Punch drawing of Jin and Deacon back to back attacking zombies on Days Gone launch.

Bonus art from Japan Studio of Astro Bots as Kratos and Atreus in celebration of their nominations at the Game Awards.

Sorry for not posting pics, I'm on my phone during a break at work.

Don't forget the awesome montage released for International Women's day. It was released by an artist from GG I believe.

edit: this one

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
You guys are over analyzing this TLoU2 thing. If it's ready this year it will launch this year if not it won't.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It doesnt really matter when TLOU2 releases, it could be released on christmas day, it will sell like nuts anyway.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't Ubisoft say there won't be a new AC this year? If so, top titles from external companies as of now would be Call of Duty, Star Wars and the Monster Hunter expansion.

Either way, I'm sure the sequel for a game that sold more than 15 million units won't have much trouble, whenever it's out.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
of course Death Stranding will not have gameplay mechanics, it's going to be a masturbatory journey through Kojimas favorite movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.