• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Remedy with the knowledge:

When we were discussing with publishers three years ago, many of them were quite doubtful about what would be the [AAA blockbuster] single-player game's future," Virtala admitted. "Now, with the success of many of Sony's games, the success that Ubisoft has shown, we are seeing that single-player games are stronger now than they have ever been."
"Not everyone loves Remedy games, and that's fine with us," Virtala said. "We know there is a certain group of gamers that really likes what we do, and there is a certain part of the media that loves what we do. And also developers, who like to make the type of games that we do. We believe in what we're doing, and there are enough people who share that view."
remedy1c7jpc.png

I'm thankful for Sony for showing the world how single player games can be great success stories. Remedy have been great storytellers but they could probably still improve a lot in terms of producing games that are easy to sell to a bigger audience. I hope they don't have to, mind.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thankful for Sony for showing the world how single player games can be great success stories. Remedy have been great storytellers but they could probably still improve a lot in terms of producing games that are easy to sell to a bigger audience. I hope they don't have to, mind.
It would be cool if Sony could make a deal with them for another huge AAA game. Sony's 1st party pipeline is amazing. Imagine a Remedy game with Sony's 1st party support, a big budget and Sony's singleplayer knowledge. Could be something really nice :P

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if Sony could make a deal with them for another huge AAA game. Sony's 1st party pipeline is amazing. Imagine a Remedy game with Sony's 1st party support, a big budget and Sony's singleplayer knowledge. Could be something really nice :P
Didn't they say that they have 2 titles in pre production or something along those lines, would not be surprised if one of them is a Sony funded next gen game.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
Would be awesome.
Remedy is very talented IMO in single player games. But they need strong partner with big budget and, as you wrote, knowledge in SP games.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to get my hopes up for FF7 showing up this year, but i have seen several members mention that it wouldn't show up at this because they'd "save it for their own press conference", do not underestimate Square Enix's willingness to make an announcement of an announcement. I could absolutely see them teasing FF7 at a small event like this to hype up another showing at a bigger event.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Colin Moriarty apparently said in his podcast a few weeks back that we haven't seen the last of R&C on PS4.
Thing is... he was the only who reported it, no? Not trying to discredit him for real. Unless I missed the other journalists who did. :P

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another Ratchet coming give how well the remake has sold (fastest selling title of the series iirc). I want all the PS2 Platform mascots to come back: Sly Cooper, Ratcher and Jak & Daxter.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I didn't even consider Nioh 2.

I'd love a new trailer for that.
I doubt that Testament is a Sony WWS game as the trademark was not registered by Sony iirc. I am expecting Sony Japan studio's new game for some reason... been rumored since after Gravity Rush 2 released in 2017.

EDIT: Given how it as worded on the blog, the new game is presented by SIE WWS.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
~100K for physical copies only. Must be like 120+ with digital sales included.
Probably higher.
In the recent Financial Earning Sony said that during FY2018 (April 1st 2018 - March 31st 2019) 37% of game sales on PS4 were digital. If we apply the same ratio to Days Gone we'd have about 155k total (155k total with 37% digital would put physical at 97.65k and digital at 57.35k).

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Probably higher.
In the recent Financial Earning Sony said that during FY2018 (April 1st 2018 - March 31st 2019) 37% of game sales on PS4 were digital. If we apply the same ratio to Days Gone we'd have about 155k total (155k total with 37% digital would put physical at 97.65k and digital at 57.35k).
That includes a lot of games that don't have retail releases, and also, digital share at UK is not that high. A 20% would be more accurate.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably higher.
Imagine if people weren't tired of zombies. Those numbers would be in the millions already.

s/

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Regarding Days Gone sales Benji said in his april npd predictions video that it did great but not as big as Horizon (>1m march npd 2017, I remember this being the number we got on gaf), which is expected and similar to what we saw happen in other countries like UK or Japan (if that ~80k number holds).

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
huh, Laura Bailey wore a Part 2 shirt on the latest critical role episode too.

Quick, make a Kojima chart. :P

C72gZvA.png

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Writers can be busy up until the tail end of some projects. Just depends on the game and studio's unique situation.

I feel like what I've picked up from reading about development stuff over the years, every studio has different approaches to workflows and production management, and that what this thread likes to do a lot, take snippets of information like job listings and twitter posts and extrapolate release dates from them, is just completely baseless and pointless.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Quick question for you guys - Do any of you guys know how many employees are at Kojima Productions? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.