• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Can't you fill up by pulling your bike next to a pump at the gas stations? I'm not sure all gas stations can do it but this is usually how I fill up.

Yes but I was out of fuel and it's faster on foot than pushing the bike plus being on the bike doing that makes you more vulnerable to attacks. I have zero issues with going on foot. Just wish the auto save system was better so I didn't lose my progress.

Nov 8, 2017
Yes but I was out of fuel and it's faster on foot than pushing the bike plus being on the bike doing that makes you more vulnerable to attacks. I have zero issues with going on foot. Just wish the auto save system was better so I didn't lose my progress.

Sorry, reading comprehension fail on my part. I know they really stressed the importance of maintaining the bike and making it key to surviving so I think Bend would read your post and smile.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The 'first, best, must' thing is also so often misinterpreted as like, some sort of hard rule.

Every Sony AAA game, more or less - is funded under the 'best' category. Yes, even a game like Days Gone. If we look at the time afforded for that project, the scope of the game, the quality of performances/asset/etc, it is by no means, inferior to most AAA games in the market. It wasn't sold as a $40 game, nor was it marketed like a budget title.

But there is no magical formula or amount of money that will ascertain that a game will be unquestionably a masterful 9/10 or 10/10 calibre game. All one can do is sufficiently manage the project through good milestones, and have faith that the devs will the deliver at the final hour. And according to many devs, a lot of their game come together at the end. The fact that Days Gone didn't based on critical consensus, is just what it is.

If one day Naughty Dog or SSM fumbles and delivers a 7/10 game, does that somehow disqualify from the the 'best' category, or that a $100 million dollar investment into a mostly-complete game should be canned because it wasn't going to live up to the high quality of previous releases? No. It just means they made a bad game one time.

Sony Bend did Days Gone because they wanted something that put them on the map when it came to making console games. No one expected their first AAA console endeavor in God knows how long to be a critical masterpiece and neither did they. They wanted to put out a game that would impress in a lot of regards (which Days Gone did) but also SELL WELL (which it is doing).

We all know that Bend isn't a studio that Sony can't live without, they were absent most of the PS4's life and entirely on the PS3. Their PS2 efforts didn't catch fire either. Days Gone is just the start for the studio to me and they will build into something more, and having a game that sells millions and is profitable is the way to do it.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Sorry, reading comprehension fail on my part. I know they really stressed the importance of maintaining the bike and making it key to surviving so I think Bend would read your post and smile.

Yeah, probably. I did tweet them though. I don't mind dying but the auto save system should be saving constantly because what's the point in having an auto save system if it's not saving automatically?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not being able to save mid mission is silly imo as well. I'm not sure why. I saw people doing a particular mission that involved a lot of setup, and every time they died they had to do the setup over again. The game isn't overly hard so I don't think the decision was made for challenge purposes. They should fix it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone is an excellent game. I'm 64 hours into the game, trying to get as many of the collectibles as possible before advancing the story further. Every region is about 60% complete thus far. My biggest issue with the game after having lost progress twice is the auto save system. It's bad. Every game should copy The Witcher 3 in which the game gives you the option to set the intervals of when the game auto saves. For The Witcher 3, I had it set at 10 minutes and it not only auto saved when you gather items, complete objectives, etc., but if you just stood still, game still saved every 10 minutes. It was great.

Days Gone has a manual save system which is fine except for one small issue - it doesn't exist if you're away from your motorcycle. Case in point - I ran out of fuel. Was literally on foot for 53 minutes, survived a bear, several wolves, numerous freakers, two ambushes and two screamers along with a few more freakers as I went to 2 gas stations looking for a gasoline canister. Couldn't find one. When I finally did, I went back to my bike which was at least 500 meters away and got there safely. Refueled my bike and was on my way. A few minutes later, turned off the dirt road onto the street and boom, drove into three freakers which knocked me off my bike and I simply stood no chance as there was also three other freakers in the immediate area and while I took out two of them, just too much. I died and lost all 53 minutes of progress which included all the freaker ears, wolf meat, items and two collectibles. Was not happy at all.

During that 53 minute on foot romp, the game felt great because it made you feel anxious and nervous and surviving that long was great and so rewarding which is why I was so pissed I lost that progress. Despite this issue, im having a blast. I have no fast traveled once or slept in game once. Simply going as it is. For this generation, my most fun game is Mad Max which I never thought would be surpassed yet it honestly looks like Days Gone is going to do just that because regardless of what im doing in the game, im enjoying every minute of it and still have a long ways to go.

And yes, bring on DAYS GONE 2 on PlayStation 5 baby!!!
Yeah, I don't like the "almost no" auto save system. Either don't let the bike run out of gas so fast, or improve the auto save system.
I wonder what Impulse Gear (Farpoint) is working on...
Someone knows? Some leaks?
It's either Farpoint 2 or a new multiplatform VR IP.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Bend are allowed to choose what game they wanna do next and that Sony doesn't interfere and force them to make Days Gone 2 because the original sold so well.

Basically only make Days Gone 2 if they want it themselves.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Bend are allowed to choose what game they wanna do next and that Sony doesn't interfere and force them to make Days Gone 2 because the original sold so well.

Seeing as how they went all in on their own vision I can't imagi them not wanting to do it and expand their world

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Not being able to save mid mission is silly imo as well. I'm not sure why. I saw people doing a particular mission that involved a lot of setup, and every time they died they had to do the setup over again. The game isn't overly hard so I don't think the decision was made for challenge purposes. They should fix it.

Mission wise, I haven't had a problem. I died a few times and had to start over from the beginning or the mid-point because there is a checkpoint system in the missions where it's kind of like the the first part and then the second part. My frustration has come from losing progress twice out in the open world when im free roaming. Thus far, im not having any issues mission wise.

Yeah, I don't like the "almost no" auto save system. Either don't let the bike run out of gas so fast, or improve the auto save system.

I have had enough fuel and constantly refuel whenever I can. I ended up going the wrong way which was blocked off and that cost me gas not that I mind that. Just wish I didn't lose my progress because I had a good amount of ears and meat and was disappointed when I lost it all.

I do believe that every game should copy The WItcher 3. It gave you the option of how many minutes you wanted the auto save intervals to be. I had it setup at 10 minutes and never had an issue plus the game would auto save when you completed quests and whatnot. Wish every game would copy that.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Anyway, back to the Oregon and the world of Days Gone for another 10-12 hour gaming session. Yay!!! :)

Oct 25, 2017

Bend came up with Days Gone in the first place. Of course they will want to do DG2. Another new IP will probably be in the talks during/after the sequel.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sony trademarked "Days of Play" in Europe yesterday https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018060162

Last time they did a Days of Play sale we got a Limited Edition blue PS4 with the PlayStation buttons in gold on it, alongside a bunch of discounts on hardware, accessories, peripherals, games and subscriptions https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ack-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/
here is what i dont understand.
why trademark this?
sounds really odd to trademark... a sales week?
what if days of play will be something more significant this time? like an actual event? eh i am probably thinking about it too much.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Days Gone is Bend Studio's baby. Good then that it's Bend Studio who wants to make Days Gone 2 ;)
why trademark this?
what if days of play will be something more significant this time? like an actual event? eh i am probably thinking about it too much.
Or because it was so good last year, they wanna do it every year now. And that's about it.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
why trademark this?
giphy.gif

You might be onto something

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
That dude simply doesn't understand how game development works. Terms like "shoestring budget" makes you look like an armchair analyst at best.

It is a fucking games forum that eats industry types alive, of course i am an armchair analyst or I wouldn't be here. And it does look shoestring with fundament things like saving and transitions and asset loading being poorly done and zero accessibility options.

i have many, many complex thoughts about the PS3 generation, but I don't see any signs of the 2006 PS3/360/Wii presentation within the way PlayStation are currently handling things. They're not on stage trying to get you excited about Ridge Racer. Nor do I think they're about to do anything but keep themselves on a good track.

The studios that have closed have made some sense. The idea of cross-platform is clearly going to happen. The issues you have with name changes are based on legacy decisions not current ones. They also have the most platform partnerships of any platform with third parties.

Will that continue? We'll see, but it's currently the reason for the second year in a row they finished how they did with growth and revenue outpacing others even as they themselves have their own records they break in a growing industry.

There's plenty of space, it would take catastrophic decisions to undo everything they've built with how they've positioned their platform.

Edit:

Their continued investment in VR may end up backfiring (we'll see, I'm not so sure there's much growth there), but it's a big part of the reason resources have diverted from securing games in the traditional space. I also suspect other changes are coming to services beyond the few thus far based on trends they've started.

That is the thing, they aren't on stage at all. Cerny sits down with a random journo to remind people that PlayStation is a thing...well it just doesn't do much to get me excited about the brand. Sony used to have a retail presence with actual Sony stores, they are gone and now it is Xbox with the retail presence at MS stores. They have cool shit too, like competitions and coding classes, really neat stuff.

Sony had e3 & psx, now that isn't a thing. E3 is exciting for fans, and Sony just drops out? It feels like they don't care. Look at the MS studios OT, so much fun and excitement vs the sony one. Gamespass is actually really cool and a great deal for parents...psnow? Not so much.

Id like to remain a sony fan be excited because that is the hardware i have, i have a history with the brand, and i have a big digital library with them. I am also a bit of a Japanophile, but Sony isnt giving me much reason to be excited right now. PSVR + a few big 3rd person action games....well I'd rather have a bunch of medium studios releasing new content I can access for $15/mo.

And, on a microscale, every-time i turn on my pro and the fans start to whine and I see the results of their name change bullshit (2 accounts that i cannot merge, 2nd one made because i couldn't change my name for the longest time in the first one), well I kind of start hating the brand and cant help but reinforce my perception of them as a company that is cheap and doesn't give a fuck about me.

And I notice the same negativism on the PlayStation focused pods thst I have sampled: sacred symbols, psnation, trophy room. They talk a decent amount about N and MS because there isnt much to be the enthusiastic about wrt PlayStation. It used to annoy me, but I am starting to get it.

Since there's discussion on management, I guess I can share a bit of insight - having followed Sony's side for a while and having some friends working there...

There's really no way to know which companies are 'best managed' - at a macro-level, the fact that we don't hear management nightmare stories and that all companies have generally been solid performers at their core markets in good times and bad, means that there's no major problems at a high-level. Individually, how different parts of the business compare to each other? We won't know. Hell, even they would struggle to know how much better/worse their immediate competition is because not everything is run similarly. Different businesses have different practices, level of focus, etc - literally dependant on business strategies and scope. For example, I'm aware that Sony internally has resources dedicated to support of backward compatability, but unlike Xbox's BC team which is focused on a B2C ( business-to-consumer ) approach, thus needing a big team of testers to do a lot of internal testing on their own because they support the service as a front-end aspect of Xbox, for Sony - BC on PS4 right now is via a B2B-approach, where they work with publishers to offer/support BC as a back-end approach so that devs and pubs can 're-release' those games on PS4, not as a 'BC' game but literally as a new release that employs the feature within the PS4. That is literally a difference of B2B and B2C function within 2 separate organisations.

Each company has their own approaches to management, some better and some worse than each other.

For example, from a retail-global network side, Sony is easily the best managed by far. They have the broadest outreach, the widest distribution network that is not just outsourced to a regional distributor, and in the past few years, have built the strongest presence in markets in India, Middle East, East Asia, etc. If there was any reason Jim Ryan was promoted to head of Sony, it's because of his efforts to build up Playstation in the Middle East there. And that effort comes from a lot of things we don't see. Strong distributor/partner building, localisation for languages like Arabic/Korean/Chinese/etc, dedicated and local level PSN infrastructure for these countries. ( Xbox Live and Nintendo Online are not available at many smaller countries )

A long-time strength of Sony's has been how they were able to focus their business at a region-by-region level and cater their strengths unique to the individual market, both at the marketing side and even third-party relations. Things like China Hero Project, where Sony actively supports Chinese games to be released locally and globally are a SIEC-focused initiative, and not some sort of major global programme from Sony. Sony Taiwan and Korea have an in-house localisation team that supports localisation for not just first-party games, but outreached for games like Cold Steel 2, MGSV and some other projects I can't recall off the top of my head. And Asia has only grown to become a huge part of the Japanese games market where so many games are now day-and-date with Chinese and Korean language support, especially SEGA.

A lot of these stuff, you don't really see it, especially if you're outside of the Asian and Middle Eastern gaming scene.

On the negative side, it does mean Sony isn't as globally synergised, or have like very distinct global planning deployment across everything. It's why PSN Store is so disjointed, why there's mixed messaging across different Sony divisions, etc etc.

Being a consumer, i guess i only care about the b2c stuff. I am glad for investors and employees that SIE isnt run as badly as it looks from the outside.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as how they went all in on their own vision I can't imagi them not wanting to do it and expand their world
Bend came up with Days Gone in the first place. Of course they will want to do DG2. Another new IP will probably be in the talks during/after the sequel.
Days Gone is Bend Studio's baby. Good then that it's Bend Studio who wants to make Days Gone 2 ;)

Well if that's the case I'm happy for them to make a sequel!

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Sony trademarked "Days of Play" in Europe yesterday https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018060162

Last time they did a Days of Play sale we got a Limited Edition blue PS4 with the PlayStation buttons in gold on it, alongside a bunch of discounts on hardware, accessories, peripherals, games and subscriptions https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ack-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/
Yesterday you say... I wonder if it is happening soon. I heard rumors about a sales week coming soon (like next week) with certain retailers.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is the thing, they aren't on stage at all. Cerny sits down with a random journo to remind people that PlayStation is a thing...well it just doesn't do much to get me excited about the brand. Sony used to have a retail presence with actual Sony stores, they are gone and now it is Xbox with the retail presence at MS stores. They have cool shit too, like competitions and coding classes, really neat stuff.

Sony had e3 & psx, now that isn't a thing. E3 is exciting for fans, and Sony just drops out? It feels like they don't care. Look at the MS studios OT, so much fun and excitement vs the sony one. Gamespass is actually really cool and a great deal for parents...psnow? Not so much.
Sony has the most games overall and the most exclusives. Funny how some people forget that the Game of the Year last year was a Sony game. Followed by RDR2 and another Sony game with Spider-Man. It's all about the games.
If games aren't enough and you wanna talk about studio acquisitions, fake rumors and "wait for E3.... oh maybe next E3... wait for....maybe a 1TF more powerful next-gen system.... wait for...." then maybe you should sell your PS stuff and go with Xbox. Looks like they clearly have more stuff you are interested in.

Last edited:

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It is a fucking games forum that eats industry types alive, of course i am an armchair analyst or I wouldn't be here. And it does look shoestring with fundament things like saving and transitions and asset loading being poorly done and zero accessibility options.

Take this from someone who works at a AAA game studio, this isn't anything to do with budget. This is poor design choices, with maybe a splash of bad time management. Conflating poor design choices with lack of funding is silly because looking at a lot of Sony's tentpole titles this generation, how long Days Gone has been in development and the production values present in the final product, they clearly weren't lacking in finances.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone is a strange game for me, on the outside looking in it looks alot like your typical third party open world game, something Ubisoft would make. The type of game ive criticized publishers of making for years.

Nothing new or overly exciting, super high production values, a fair bit of performance/bug issues, but.....the game is really fun.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
why trademark this?

not that unusual, they've trademark stuff like taglines or slogans before.

Recently they trademarked that ''made in Dreams'' image and tag and others include the ''Road to greatness'', ''Experience More Together'' and ''How games were made to sound'' (a slogan made to promote their PS4 headsets) taglines

And Days of Play isn't a new trademark, they had registered that in the US last year already. I wouldn't look too much into this, just a fact pointing that they'll keep doing the promotion

Brix

Oct 25, 2017

Id like to remain a sony fan be excited because that is the hardware i have, i have a history with the brand, and i have a big digital library with them. I am also a bit of a Japanophile, but Sony isnt giving me much reason to be excited right now. PSVR + a few big 3rd person action games....well I'd rather have a bunch of medium studios releasing new content I can access for $15/mo.

And, on a microscale, every-time i turn on my pro and the fans start to whine and I see the results of their name change bullshit (2 accounts that i cannot merge, 2nd one made because i couldn't change my name for the longest time in the first one), well I kind of start hating the brand and cant help but reinforce my perception of them as a company that is cheap and doesn't give a fuck about me.

And I notice the same negativism on the PlayStation focused pods thst I have sampled: sacred symbols, psnation, trophy room. They talk a decent amount about N and MS because there isnt much to be the enthusiastic about wrt PlayStation. It used to annoy me, but I am starting to get it.

Being a consumer, i guess i only care about the b2c stuff. I am glad for investors and employees that SIE isnt run as badly as it looks from the outside.
Asking for other developers to help with development isn't cheap, spending seven years to develop a game isn't cheap, the amount of marketing this game has isn't cheap, using a popular game engine and building your own assets to the engine isn't cheap. None of this screams "shoestring budget" and saying it does is extremely disrespectful.

All of Days gone shortcomings & technical issues are due inexperience of a Triple AAA game development and other design flaws. Everything on a presentation level voice acting, graphical fidelity, facial animation, sound design etc is done exceptionally well. And it's done better than other triple AAA open world games.

Last edited:

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
That is the thing, they aren't on stage at all. Cerny sits down with a random journo to remind people that PlayStation is a thing...

Did you really just say that? The PS4 is still selling wild numbers at a very high price, even doing better than Xbox still despite them being a lot more vocal and upfront with their brand push. I mean, Days Gone's successful launch speaks volumes about PlayStation's brand power even during a period where they are purposefully being more quiet.

You need to realize that you are throwing criticism that isn't valid, is misinformed, and ultimately warped to fit your view that is out of touch with the reality of what you are talking about.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado

If you're not excited for the brand after all the great games they've released this gen, clearly you're a feature guy and a hype over actual video games guy. I don't get it, who cares if MS is buying studios, Sony has a proven first party team that puts out great game after great game, the exclusive contest hasn't even been close between MS and PS this gen. I understand being hyped about MS, they've earned it, but don't try and pretend like Sony has done nothing to earn your trust and hype for the PS5. I'm all about the games they give me, and so far, I've been more than satisfied.

Feb 26, 2018

So it looks like you care more about brand itself than actual content. Good for you mate.
Not everyone wants to drink PR Kool Aid for the entirety of generation and hype up empty promises from some suit posing to be a ReAL GaMeR

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I might be in the minority, but I only want one more GoW in Norse mythology (reason explained below)

GoW ends with the death of Baldur, which starts the 3 year countdown for Ragnarok. The next game should be God of War: Ragnarok and not God of War: The 3 years leading up to Ragnarok. There can't be any more Norse mythology after Ragnarok.

I feel like we often get stuck in the trilogy mindset, but I don't really see the point of a trilogy for everything. If GoW can tell it's story in 2 parts, it should. Considering what they've set up, the Norse world ends 3 years from the end of the game, there's no reason to drag that out.

This is by no means, me saying SSM should end GoW or that the Norse mythology sucked and that I want to see them move on from it, far from it. The game is fantastic and I definitely want more. But it doesn't need to overstay it's welcome, nor string things along to fulfill a trilogy for the sake of being a trilogy.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Thread been pretty bad for awhile but it is fun to see a single game make half y'all go off the rails
It's folks looking for the "look?! I told you people Days gone will suck & bomb. Sony should close the studio. I need my validation!"

Reviews come out mixed but the vast majority of people playing it, like it. And it's selling well. Word of mouth is moving units. Even salty ign & gamespot had to get triggered and tried to validate those mediocre scores by trolling people who like it. People legitimately want the game to fail and it's pathetic.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might be in the minority, but I only want one more GoW in Norse mythology (reason explained below)

GoW ends with the death of Baldur, which starts the 3 year countdown for Ragnarok. The next game should be God of War: Ragnarok and not God of War: The 3 years leading up to Ragnarok. There can't be any more Norse mythology after Ragnarok.

I feel like we often get stuck in the trilogy mindset, but I don't really see the point of a trilogy for everything. If GoW can tell it's story in 2 parts, it should. Considering what they've set up, the Norse world ends 3 years from the end of the game, there's no reason to drag that out.

This is by no means, me saying SSM should end GoW or that the Norse mythology sucked and that I want to see them move on from it, far from it. The game is fantastic and I definitely want more. But it doesn't need to overstay it's welcome, nor string things along to fulfill a trilogy for the sake of being a trilogy.

I think there's ways they can do a sequel without going straight to Ragnarok.

Have Kratos and Atreus try to change the fate of Ragnarok by going on a journey same as Kratos did to find the sisters of fate.

The norse mythology has their own variant of the sisters so use them in the game but ultimately have Kratos and Atreus fail just as Ragnarok is about to happen.

Maybe even have Kratos die, but then get's taken and sent to Valhalla by Freya and end it there.

Then have God of War 3 be about Kratos rampaging out of Valhalla and Asgard, killing the pantheon of Gods, including ones he's killed previously, in the process just to return to Atreus.

Feb 23, 2019
Yeesh...

Why do people freak out about Sony not doing E3 this year?

Come on, man...use logic. It's not because they have nothing to show. It's because they can't show anything until they're ready to formally reveal PS5.

They are easily one of the best in the industry in terms of funding their dev studios, that should not be in doubt for even a second. It doesn't mean that mistakes aren't made along the way or they need to shift focus.

I think the unfortunate reality of many of their studio closures is that they created games in genres that just aren't popular. Days Gone doesn't have to worry about that at all, and yes, it absolutely fits into their "first, best, or must"....it's the first to really have zombie hordes on a scale like that, and it's a must have if you're a fan of the genre IMHO. It's easily my favorite game this year.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I try not to put ppl on ignore but you might be right

I try not to either, it's a video game forum, there's going to be drive by posts, hot takes, and lots and lots of hyperbole. But if there's a bunch of members showing receipts for why a member's argument is objectively wrong and they still stubbornly continue to argue about something, they're going on ignore. If someone is arguing in bad faith or utilizing intellectual dishonesty then they're going on ignore.

Oct 25, 2017
I try not to either, it's a video game forum, there's going to be drive by posts, hot takes, and lots and lots of hyperbole. But if there's a bunch of members showing receipts for why a member's argument is objectively wrong and they still stubbornly continue to argue about something, they're going on ignore. If someone is arguing in bad faith or utilizing intellectual dishonesty then they're going on ignore.
Good philosophy to live by.
Shit did i wonder into the wrong topic?!?!?
Ninja what's ya next exclusive you hyped for most

Oct 25, 2017
Ghosts for sure I am going to love the hell out of The Last Of Us 2 but I need my open world samurai/ninja action.
I need to see some of that ninja gameplay, the samurai combat wasn't doing it for me, but goddamn if that game don't look absolutely gorgeous and apparently e3 mission was a sidequest? Phew hella good start story and performance wise

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Wow, so apparently the lead game designer of Days Gone did an interview with IGN about how he "hated how the game turned out" and blames Sony for not giving the game the funding it "needed":

Link

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I love TLOU and have no doubt that TLOU2 will be a generation defining game, but if you had TLOU2 in one hand, and Ghost in the other, i'd take Ghost without hesitation.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
I need to see some of that ninja gameplay, the samurai combat wasn't doing it for me, but goddamn if that game don't look absolutely gorgeous and apparently e3 mission was a sidequest? Phew hella good start story and performance wise
What's cool is that they hid that snippet of the ninja gameplay at the end of the reveal trailer. Really excited to see more.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I think there's ways they can do a sequel without going straight to Ragnarok.

Have Kratos and Atreus try to change the fate of Ragnarok by going on a journey same as Kratos did to find the sisters of fate.

The norse mythology has their own variant of the sisters so use them in the game but ultimately have Kratos and Atreus fail just as Ragnarok is about to happen.

Maybe even have Kratos die, but then get's taken and sent to Valhalla by Freya and end it there.

Then have God of War 3 be about Kratos rampaging out of Valhalla and Asgard, killing the pantheon of Gods, including ones he's killed previously, in the process just to return to Atreus.

I like quite a few elements of this, however the premise to reverse ragnarok just makes no sense for Kratos nor Atreus, given their current motivations.

Kratos wants all gods to perish, the idea of Ragnaork should entice him. The only thing to go back in time for would be to reverse the death of Faye and considering the entire game is about making peace and moving on from that death, I can't imagine they'd do that.

While I would very much like Freya to be on our side and help Kratos and Atreus. Considering we murdered her son, I have a feeling she'll be a villain going forward. I'm worried that Freya is going to be main boss in 2 and Odin in 3. Assuming they go the trilogy route.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I love TLOU and have no doubt that TLOU2 will be a generation defining game, but if you had TLOU2 in one hand, and Ghost in the other, i'd take Ghost without hesitation.

Hard pick for me. No doubt TLOU2 will be a masterpiece in terms of story and technical achievements. I'm a gameplay guy though and my mouth is salivating thinking about the impact of the weapons in TLOU2. Not super into the samurai gameplay we've seen in Ghost but the small snippet of NInja stuff has me intrigued.

I mean look at this, yes please!
arvcgeS.gif

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hard pick for me. No doubt TLOU2 will be a masterpiece in terms of story and technical achievements. I'm a gameplay guy though and my mouth is salivating thinking about the impact of the weapons in TLOU2. Not super into the samurai gameplay we've seen in Ghost but the small snippet of NInja stuff has me intrigued.

I mean look at this, yes please!
arvcgeS.gif

It looks cool, but don't you want to see Joel and Ellie again? Few characters in gaming have impacted me as much as these two, and considering how damn long ago the first TLOU was, returning to that world would have me teary-eyed and nostalgic.

Status
Not open for further replies.