• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
What do you mean?

Screenshot_2019-05-01_at_22.41.52.png
Oh God I know that guy. Watched a video talking about him. He's basically a troll with possible mental issues. I wouldn't take him seriously.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Sorry I will delete it and lets resume the conversation about... what is it now? Bend closing, TLOU2 release speculation for a 3rd year, acquisition talks, or needing insiders?
I mean... I was kind of amused by it. It fits into that special category of "low effort content" that somehow simultaneously seems like it's trying too hard.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... I was kind of amused by it. It fits into that special category of "low effort content" that somehow simultaneously seems like it's trying too hard.

I didn't think hard about it, it was just a joke mocking that video fitting with the Days Gone destroy Sony joke that Acquiescence made lol

Probably a thumbnail of the title would've been better just to show the absurd headline and no one click on it.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
So, next Call Of Duty will be reveladed "soon". Sony still owns the marketing rights, right?

Activision Publishing's recently-appointed President Rob Kostich also commented about the game, confirming that the game is developed by Infinity Ward, and mentioning that the official reveal is coming "later this quarter." This means that the game will be revealed before June 30

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So, next Call Of Duty will be reveladed "soon". Sony still owns the marketing rights, right?
What's gonna be really interesting to see IMO is (if Sony still has the deal) if competitive Call of Duty will continue to be played on PS4. With Call of Duty eSports franchising (Activision announced today that they've sold the first 5 spots) there's probably gonna be a huge marketing push behind it, and Sony could benefit greatly from that.

I'm just guessing they might do that again this year. BLOPS 4 got some great coverage last year. Here's hoping for a single player campaign this time.
Campaign has thankfully be confirmed.

Last edited:

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Keep marketing a big game is what compelled them to do that.
Their last games? They did it for all 2018 exclusives releases if I'm not mistaken, it would be strange not do the same for Days Gone, even with mixed reviews.
You don't find it odd that they would prop up a 72 MC game like this? Did you see the low-tier outlets they referenced in the trailer?

I can't recall them doing this for Shadowfall or Knack 2.

That they are celebrating mediocrity is pretty absurd, all things considered.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
You don't find it odd that they would prop up a 72 MC game like this? Did you see the low-tier outlets they referenced in the trailer?

Knack 2 doesn't have the same market size as Days Gone. KZ had a ton of ads and that was a Sony that doesn't market their games as much as now.
Ads get allocated based on demand, Days Gone keep selling, marketing people better find new material to market including reviews.
Movies with scores much lower than 50 get review trailers.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017

Mixed metacritic reviews don't mean shit. Game is going to sell millions of copies regardless.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting it to drop a little across EU regions but it's still #1 on every Amazon top 100.
It's selling big in the US too. Watch when Sony updates with its digital numbers or when NPD reveals who sold the most physical copies.

Far cry 5 had mixed reviews & it was constantly in the top 10 all year last year.

Wildlands has mixed reviews & it's still killing it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's a good game and it's going to sell millions. The majority of reviews are good/positive. It's Sony's big game in the first half of 2019. Of course they are marketing it with an accolades trailer. Why is this so hard to understand for some people? If you don't like the game, well good. But don't act like you are completely new in the gaming scene and you don't undestand why a company release an accolades trailer for their big AAA game.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
People should realize that mainstream Sony games are starting to perform like your average triple-A. Their marketing and overall appeal of their games have been on the same level as your standard Ubisoft game. While not quite as successful, they do have big launches now and are starting to outperform competing AAA games.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
It's a good game and it's going to sell millions. The majority of reviews are good/positive. It's Sony's big game in the first half of 2019. Of course they are marketing it with an accolades trailer. Why is this so hard to understand for some people? If you don't like the game, well good. But don't act like you are completely new in the gaming scene and you don't undestand why a company release an accolades trailer for their big AAA game.
No, I am saying that accolades trailers should be reserved for critically acclaimed titles.

Doing it for DG comes off as an attempt to drum up positive word of mouth for a below average game.

This complaint isn't specifically targetted at DG either, since it happens sometimes with other games as well.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, I am saying that accolades trailers should be reserved for critically acclaimed titles.

Doing it for DG comes off as an attempt to drum up positive word of mouth for a below average game.
They are "reserved" for games which are getting a big marketing push. Days Gone is Sony's big game at the moment, with a big marketing push, while selling well, after getting mostly good reviews. This isn't a GOTY award show. It's about marketing a game.
And Days Gone already has positive word of mouth among gamers, while having an average 7.2/10 score, which is not "below average". People like it. That's why it's selling great. Just not here on Resetera, where it's getting trolled for over a year, or even longer.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The only strange trailer was the "Preview Accolades" video. That video ended up having half a million views so hey, what do I know about marketing.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
What's gonna be really interesting to see IMO is (if Sony still has the deal) if competitive Call of Duty will continue to be played on PS4. With Call of Duty eSports franchising (Activision announced today that they've sold the first 5 spots) there's probably gonna be a huge marketing push behind it, and Sony could benefit greatly from that.

Campaign has thankfully be confirmed.

I don't think the comp scene would take well to another switch, unless it was to PC using whatever controller you preferred. Also who besides Sony would take the marketing? If they don't have it I imagine no one does.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I had to put Days Gone done after 10 minutes because I'm in awe of how terribly...... good this game is......at making me angry.....that I didn't play more.....Sekiro instead

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
50 hours into Days Gone (which I prefer over Dead Don't Ride because I believe that it fits better with the story) and not only is looking like an easy 9.0/10 for me but also my game of the year as it's tied with Metro Exodus, Resident Evil 2 and The Division 2 but with the main difference that overall pound for pound it's the better game in my opinion. So barring a disaster in the second half of the game, it's going to be my new number one ranked game of 2019.

The accolades trailer is deserved because Days Gone is very much underrated and several critic reviews have been exposed as having some kind of agenda against the game for some odd reason since it's well, just a damn game.

With all of that said, im loving Days Gone. Not perfect (no game is) but it's an excellent game that does few things wrong and so many things right. Can't wait for the sequel on PlayStation 5.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think casuals don't look up metacritic so if they see a trailer like this they will think that game is reviewing well or something. There's nothing to lose on Sony's end when producing trailer like this and it might convince some gullible or people on the fence

Status
Not open for further replies.