• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't Sony already confirm that they doin't plan to have any events around E3?

I've seen people mentioning this a lot of times but I've actually never seen the exact quote from Sony.

I assume that if they said something like that they were refering to a situation like EA for example (they left the show floor a couple years ago but do their own thing at the same time).

I don't think a SOP close to E3 time would qualify as that.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen people mentioning this a lot of times but I've actually never seen the exact quote from Sony.

I assume that if they said something like that they were refering to a situation like EA for example (they left the show floor a couple years ago but do their own thing at the same time).

I don't think a SOP close to E3 time would qualify as that.

This is the quote from Sony about E3.

Game Informer said:
When asked if Sony would push its event off-site, similar to how Electronic Arts provides a show adjacent to E3, PlayStation senior vice president of communications Jennifer Clark elaborated further saying, "We will not activate or hold a press conference around E3."

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
If they're dropping release dates for games like Concrete Genie and TLoU then It'd be smarter to do it mid-May imo. Then you're not making direct comparisons to the pressers at E3

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
JRdghrG.gif

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The next State of Play ought to be in May or June.

Maybe later June after E3?

I don't think it will be. We'll get a media blitz for Concrete and Dreams but given the statement about not doing anything around E3 that Wayfaerer has posted it'd be a weird move to go back on their very public word.

Cerny's interview was trending worldwide in every city from South America to Europe so they must know they have a decent amount of mind share. It annoying for us but I get the strategy.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just to make one thing clear. Aokiji hasn't been verified as an insider and their posts are speculation. Not hints.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to make one thing clear. Aokiji hasn't been verified as an insider and their posts are speculation. Not hints.

Ive been reading Aokiji for at least a year, he is the reason why i made an account here in Era, but most importantly, he is the reason why i recovered my faith in Playstation ( before E3 2018).
And its kinda sad seeing him getting all the hate from Xbox's community, i saw people calling him a clown in the First Party thread, and i've seen some Crackdown boys laughing at his estimations of Spidey sales (i mean, seriously?) and thats not all.
While he is some kind of Pirate king for all of us in this thread (i gotta admit), he is a demon for Sony's haters, people fear him like... like Ironman, he is such a legend now and i understand the pressure on his shoulders.
He did for Sony what the trailer of Days Gone did for the Days Gone franchise
and I will always be infinitely grateful to him.
Don't lose hope Aokiji, you will always be welcomed here, this thread is your legacy and no one will forget that.

madmisterf

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it will be. We'll get a media blitz for Concrete and Dreams but given the statement about not doing anything around E3 that Wayfaerer has posted it'd be a weird move to go back on their very public word.

Cerny's interview was trending worldwide in every city from South America to Europe so they must know they have a decent amount of mind share. It annoying for us but I get the strategy.

They wouldn't be going back on their word though. "We will not activate or hold a press conference around E3. " A State of Play isn't a conference.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ive been reading Aokiji for at least a year, he is the reason why i made an account here in Era, but most importantly, he is the reason why i recovered my faith in Playstation ( before E3 2018).
And its kinda sad seeing him getting all the hate from Xbox's community, i saw people calling him a clown in the First Party thread, and i've seen some Crackdown boys laughing at his estimations of Spidey sales (i mean, seriously?) and thats not all.
While he is some kind of Pirate king for all of us in this thread (i gotta admit), he is a demon for Sony's haters, people fear him like... like Ironman, he is such a legend now and i understand the pressure on his shoulders.
Don't lose hope Aokiji, you will always be welcomed here, this thread is your legacy and no one will forget that.
Wait what?

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This is sick, hate for Aokiji and Days Gone is really BIG here.

Last edited:

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany

Kkd57l3.gif

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I found Aokiji's alt

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Don't do drugs, kids

TheBioLover

Oct 25, 2017
magik.png

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017

Wtf did I just read? xD
This is either a 1/10 or 10/10 post. I'm not sure yet.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

Can I have a link to the original copypasta plz

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
giphy.gif

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the poll in the next gen thread, most are expecting ~12TF. So, it would be slightly above expectation. Of course, you have those who are sticking with ~8TF. They would be very pleasantly surprised. :P

Either way, even 8TF would be a dramatic boost over this gen given everything else it would be paired with.

Empirically true, but given that numerically it would be only 33% more than 'last gen' x1x and probably 4TF short of the expensive next gen xbox, people gonna be disappointed. Sony has an interesting marketing exercise ahead if themselves.

If they have a must have exclusively next gen ps5 game at launch that really shows what next gen can be, unlike every other generational launch, it will go a long way to selling it.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

Be nice if someone wrote this for Klobrille who also gets hate. Or Benji who also gets hate. Or Mat who literally was driven away. Let's just respect each other? We all like the same stuff.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Whaaaaaaaaat?

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If people take videogames this seriously they really need to get out more lol...

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
What the hell's going on???

That said, hoping next State of Play with Part II new gameplay trailer & release date announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.