• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Devs usually hyper-polish a small slice of the game for E3 demos. Just because it is far off doesn't mean that it can't be real. Trust in the Naughty Gods. They know what they're doing.

One of the ND devs was on Giant Bomb at E3 and spoke about the demo. He said often times with those demos they're putting systems in that they want but that might not ultimately make it in the end. But what's unique about that Part II demo is that they didn't have to do that. They assembled the demo from systems that are already close to a shipping state. He ends up saying that it's not something that's going to be thrown out, it's what the game is going to look like.

Oct 27, 2017
So I was wondering how accurate LinkedIn can be to have an idea about studios headcount.

Bend Studio's Emmanuel Roth just said they are around 133 or 136 people. Unsurprisingly, LinkedIn have less people registered (86) as not everyone is going to have an account here. Having this in mind, one can wonder how many people exactly are working at Naughty Dog right now, knowing there are 463 (!) employees on LinkedIn.

In terms of size, Guerrilla comes next as expected with 310 people but it's kinda strange to see more people at Sucker Punch (189) compared to Santa Monica Studio (131) although it could be because a lot of people were let go after God of War.

The PlayStation London Studio headcount seems really off though with only 19 people.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to judge a team size because even if you have an accurate headcount of the main team themselves, it doesn't include the hundreds of outsourced developers.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People actually thought the TLOUP2 E3 2018 gameplay demo was fake??? Wow. It's just that Naughty Dog is that damn great. Besides, nowadays with social media and all of this other bullshit, if it was fake, there would be a huge backlash against them for it and because of that, no way would Naughty Dog show something that was fake.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
In terms of size, Guerrilla comes next as expected with 310 people but it's kinda strange to see more people at Sucker Punch (189) compared to Santa Monica Studio (131) although it could be because a lot of people were let go after God of War.

On SSM's website, they say they are over 200
Our studio is home to over 200 talented developers dedicated to designing, developing and delivering the highest quality AAA PlayStation games

And Cory Barlog said they were 300 people at their peak
GamesBeat: You were 300 people or so?
Barlog:
At our peak, yeah.

Oct 31, 2017
That Girlfriend Review of Horizon Zero Dawn was great. While she loved the game, the take she had -- that no one will play the game once the sequel comes out -- is something I've wondered.

I dunno if I'd necessarily go that far, but at the same time, if you're able to turn your weapons into ways to traverse, ride robots, improve melee combat, and likely a bunch of other improvements we're not even thinking of, I can imagine the sequel will be a cornerstone of the new generation.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I was wondering how accurate LinkedIn can be to have an idea about studios headcount.

Bend Studio's Emmanuel Roth just said they are around 133 or 136 people. Unsurprisingly, LinkedIn have less people registered (86) as not everyone is going to have an account here. Having this in mind, one can wonder how many people exactly are working at Naughty Dog right now, knowing there are 463 (!) employees on LinkedIn.

The PlayStation London Studio headcount seems really off though with only 19 people.

This cant be right?

There is no way Santa Monica is that small

I thought they were the second biggest Sony studio

Oct 27, 2017
Well...

BNifFor.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/hermen-hulst-452161/?originalSubdomain=nl

Whoa, I never knew that at all! I think that means he's just underneath Shu.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So who's the president of WWS now Shawn or Shu? and if it's Shawn then what's Shu rule exactly?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
If you're making the trip to a local cinema over the weekend for Captain Marvel, you may be in for more of a PlayStation 4-based feast than you were originally expecting. Marvel's first female-lead superhero film features multiple trailers for already released and upcoming PS4 games in the ad roll that plays prior to the start of the movie, which is pretty much unheard of in the battle for screen time before the biggest blockbusters of the year.

In one showing, we spotted separate advertisements for Days Gone, God of War, and Marvel's Spider-Man within a 15 minute space, and that's sure to have cost Sony a pretty penny. It's clear that PlayStation is prepared to push its biggest PS4 exclusives and get the most amount of eyes on them at any one time, even when they're approaching a year old in the case of Sony Santa Monica's masterpiece.
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/playstation_goes_hard_on_captain_marvel_advertising

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Skill Up praising Days Gone's story and characters made me really happy. I got high hopes for this game.

Me too. Of course, the majority of Sony's first party games have great stories and characters. Days Gone will be no exception.

I was thinking 5-6M LTD.

I can acknowledge that I may be underestimating it though. The game has a lot of selling potential.

That's it??? Damn. I'm expecting 10M+ LTD easily if not better.

Oct 25, 2017
That's it??? Damn. I'm expecting 10M+ LTD easily if not better.
Damn.

I definitely won't say it is impossible (even though I don't think it will happen). The AAA polish + zombies + decent characters/story = $$$

If it does end up performing that well, Bend is gonna get a massive upgrade.

NA store still hasn't updated with the correct/current international woman's day theme smh
A mess.

Someone Tweet Shawn! Or whoever should be responsible for this!

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn.

I definitely won't say it is impossible (even though I don't think it will happen). The AAA polish + zombies + decent characters/story = $$$

If it does end up performing that well, Bend is gonna get a massive upgrade.

You have to believe that fans of State of Decay, Resident Evil, Dead Rising, World War Z and the cancelled Walking Dead game could all very well be interested in the game plus outside of MK XI, there's nothing in April and even May until Rage 2. Add in the Sony fanbase who know that the exclusives always hit and have been great and yeah, I see 10M+ easily.

If Days Gone reviews well which I believe that it will (85+), it will sell even more copies because the quality is there. I also believe that Days Gone will hit 10M+ in the two years like Horizon did or less. People are underestimating the game and overlooking the fact that April/May/June is dead outside of MK XI, Rage 2 and Judgment. There's nothing else of worth.

Judgment will be for the Japanese fans, Yakuza fans and those who want the support Ryu Ga Gotoku and Sega. MK XI is pretty much just for the fighting fans as few outside will be interested in the game. Rage 2 should be awesome but I can see some people being down on Bethesda or just not caring about the game.

I see Days Gone as having massive appeal to a lot of gamers and when you add in the visuals, the story, characters and most likely great review scores, the quality is there and with very little else to play, unless you don't own a PS4 (smh), why wouldn't you buy Days Gone? :)

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
So I just watched Name of the Game and I have to say it's really weird that relationship with PlayStation went the way it did with Housemarque this generation.

From being a launch title on PS Plus to barely getting a minute E3 trailer and no PlayStation booth space last they showed Nex Machina, a super great game.

I hope Housemarque's AAA game picks up because I love the gameplay they put in games. Sucks they moved on from Arcade since they just couldn't get the funding to keep pursuing those projects. Do we know if their AAA game is meant to be PlayStation specific or multi-platform?

I have to imagine Stormdivers is also looking to be a consistent monetary vehicle, but it's not been seen publicly in a while though I think there was a video of some kind in the last six months.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, we don't know anything about Housemarque game aside from it being AAA. I wonder who will be publishing that though. I don't think pubs would be jumping at the chance to publish one of their games.

Not to imply their game(s) don't deserve it, of course.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Nah, we don't know anything about Housemarque game aside from it being AAA. I wonder who will be publishing that though. I don't think pubs would be jumping at the chance to publish one of their games.

Not to imply their game(s) don't deserve it, of course.

It's just going to be hard as they've never made one before.

They fucking nailed arcade games twice last gen though. Both Resogun and Nex are glorious!

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People actually thought the TLOUP2 E3 2018 gameplay demo was fake??? Wow. It's just that Naughty Dog is that damn great. Besides, nowadays with social media and all of this other bullshit, if it was fake, there would be a huge backlash against them for it and because of that, no way would Naughty Dog show something that was fake.
It was just too polished for a game years away from release. Weather they are able to match it, remains to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.