• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do love the fact so many are underestimating Sony right now.

When they come back next year and show off their plans for next gen people are going to be bewildered by the hype.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Yep, apparently MS & Nintendo are teaming up to take down Sony now.

Gotta love gaming...it is a wild ride every gen and shakes up more often that other tech industries I'll give it that.

Please keep those comments for the other threads, here we are discussing Sony's first party output.

On topic, the second of the two retailers in my conutry listed Tlou2 and pit it out for a pre order. They never list a game if it is not comming in the next 6-8 months.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Please keep those comments for the other threads, here we are discussing Sony's first party output.

On topic, the second of the two retailers in my conutry listed Tlou2 and pit it out for a pre order. They never list a game if it is not comming in the next 6-8 months.
Well news about MS services on Nintendo devices , Scalebound, and them working together is going to get some comparisons and discussion about what Sony's strategy is. It's inevitable, can't run away from the war lol.

Even with the title though, this is generally a Sony/PS general thread. Hardware rumors, specs, and next gen info will be discussed here it isn't always just gonna be about the games.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In one hand I would love TLOU2 to release this year (September/October seems likely for me?), but in the other hand imagine how hype inducing it would be if it was a PS5 launch title.

Idk what to think.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
They would probably make more money doing it the way they did TLOU tho. Just release it twice. PS4's swan song and early PS5 game.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I think it would be a bad idea for them to announce any of their announced titles are going to be available on PlayStation five before they even announced the date for the release on PlayStation 4

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I think it would be a bad idea for them to announce any of their announced titles are going to be available on PlayStation five before they even announced the date for the release on PlayStation 4

Why? If they somehow announce PS5 with BC at PSX in December we'll all know we can play It on the PS5?

Doesn't really matter where you play it as long it's on a Sony machine, ps4 is hitting 100m soon enough

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

But well, there is always a chance, i guess. Shinobi, if you are reading this, could you perhaps tell us how high the probability for a The Order sequel is on a scale of 1-10? 1 being it's dead, Jim and 10 being it will be announced tomorrow!

giphy.gif

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
But they wont be able to sell a "Remastered" version anymore since it will be backward compatible

I mean, they could but it kind of makes no sense

It all depends on how Sony will make BC on PS5 with PS4. If PS5 can enhance PS4 games ala xbox x, they will
Well news about MS services on Nintendo devices , Scalebound, and them working together is going to get some comparisons and discussion about what Sony's strategy is. It's inevitable, can't run away from the war lol.

Even with the title though, this is generally a Sony/PS general thread. Hardware rumors, specs, and next gen info will be discussed here it isn't always just gonna be about the games.

Well this is not the thread about that discussion, so again please do not derail the thread with that talk. Also there is a thread for next gen talk, so please let's stick to the general theme.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Order has one of the worst stories in gaming and it's made worse by the fact it was the most important aspect to the team when making the game.

It's Uwe Boll, direct to DVD bad.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
The Order has one of the worst stories in gaming and it's made worse by the fact it was the most important aspect to the team when making the game.

Exactly, they sacrificed the gameplay for the story, so you think the story was going to be great which is not.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I still havent played The Order.

Gameplay was pretty average 3rd person shooter, similar to Gears of War in style (no im not calling Gears average). Great weapons though, so that part was fun. Very easy platinum, I got mine in 19 hours of gameplay, but the actual game is about 5 hours long. Story might be mixed for some, but I enjoyed it for what is was and that cliffhanger of an ending pisses me off because of it. That is why I want a sequel.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

I don't know about you but that colossal twist caught me way off guard. Who could of predicted that the clearly not corrupt Order were the baddies all along?!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah for sure, I get that they're closely associated with Playstation but some people actually think they're owned by Sony and not an independent studio.
I'd expect most on this site to know they aren't, the average guy/girl though? Not really, kinda similar to the Smash situation where most probably don't know or care that Namco developed it, it's just a Nintendo game. I think that applies to a lot of Insomniac's games too with PlayStaion.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I do love the fact so many are underestimating Sony right now.

When they come back next year and show off their plans for next gen people are going to be bewildered by the hype.
It is amusing seeing games media folk say things like "How can Sony wrestle the narrative away from Nintendo and Microsoft?!" as if the entire industry isn't going to drop everything and tune in when Sony is finally ready to talk :P

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
it's a PS4 game. and it's not releasing in the same year as the PS5 :)

Is this one of your "feelings" again? Please, you are really getting me hyped! I am still Team2019 for PS5, but I am definitely ok with TLOU2 coming 2019 and PS5 in 2020.

Do you think Sony has things coming up next month or at least soonish?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The first TLoU released on the PS4 launch year, Sony aren't against ending a gen on a high. I think TLoU 2 is aiming for late this year though. Death Stranding or Ghosts will be the PS4's swansong I think.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Is that Denzel or Jussie? I can't tell.

Anyway, he's holding up 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, so if you do the math that's 10 digits in total, meaning the probability of a sequel is as high as you can possibly get.

I have no idea in what context that GIF is used but it seems it is tagged as 'hello' and 'waving' so I guess Shinobi might be saying I'm not biting on answer the question posed in the post he quoted?

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
We should be asking the question differently, because there is little to no chance that the "The Order" IP could possibly receive a direct sequel. Which lead me to think this... will The Order: 1886 receive a spiritual sequel instead? Because Ru of Ready At Dawn did say that there were still stories to be told in that universe. They may distance themselves from the IP, due to the toxicity, hencewhy the idea of a spiritual sequel.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
In one hand I would love TLOU2 to release this year (September/October seems likely for me?), but in the other hand imagine how hype inducing it would be if it was a PS5 launch title.

Idk what to think.
I think is a really stupid move to make TLOU2 a PS5 game. I can't see nothing there about what I expect from next-gen.

Leave PS5 to have it's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.