• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who I was going to quote (I think it goes back a couple of pages) but I'd love a new Killzone on PS5. I think it'd be kinda cool if it became a tech-pushing series, so that every new Sony hardware gets a big new Killzone game at launch to push the hardware and stretch Decima's legs. On the other hand, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they're working on a multiplayer-only entry (for all its faults KZ has almost always had great multiplayer), but I'd like them to have one last crack at a campaign. Heck, at this point I think they should reboot the whole series and either try KZ1 again or give us a prequel set in the First Extrasolar War.

Really well made lol.

This is really cool

Has there been any info, rumor or official, on when LOU2 might release? Please tell me this will finally be the year!

Nope, nothing. Personally I still think it'll be next year, so I'd say expect that and at least you won't be disappointed.

Good project management plus a much smaller scope in design.

Spider-Man is an awesome game, but the fun in traversal & combat plus a good story masks a very conservative & fairly limited game design in terms of mission structure. It also doesn't push tech in terms of real-time weather & lighting.

I can't speak to DG mission structure yet, but they're creating a far more diverse & ambitious world than Insomniac did with Spidey.

THIS IS NOT SLAGGING SPIDER-MAN OFF. It's a great game, but from what I've seen I think DG is a much bigger & diverse game.

Yeah, I love Spidey but compared to Days Gone it's not a particularly ambitious game. DG should have a much larger map, a lot more systems at play and a more substantial plot and amount of content.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I'm going to have so much fun just riding around and exploring with the bike in Days Gone. My favorite episodes in TWD are the ones with heavy environmental storytelling that comes just by exploring the world.

Nov 21, 2017
God damn, a Twisted Metal BR would be the perfect way to re introduce the franchise. Drop 100 characters onto a map where they have to go and look for a vehicle and start twisted metaling. Winner gets Colypos's Wish.

Or just cargo drop 100 cars from the sky and let shit hit the fan the moment they all land. Furisously searching the map for weapon items.

Yo I'm not big on multiplayer games but I would definitely give this a try. Sounds fun and I loved Twisted Metal on PS1.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I'd prefer Sony to start making different types of single player game personally.

An immersive sim or a stealth game, or even a FPS.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Bkoodborne and Spider-Man are fore the best exclusives on the PS, more my kind of gameplay.

Could never warm to games like GOW or TLOU

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

I would like to see Asad pushing himself more into the spotlight and becoming the man to communicate with the fans. I like him and he is also a great talker. We need more Shu, Gio and Asad presence. PSX 2016 was a great show and that was pretty much the last time these 3 were on stage at a Sony conference, I think.

I'd prefer Sony to start making different types of single player game personally.

Would you like Sony to acquire 4A Games?

I think Sony will add great multiplayer games to their gaming portfolio in addition to their great singleplayer games. You'll have a great and varied overall selection of games in the next generation from Sony. There will be something for everyone.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I would like to see Asad pushing himself more into the spotlight and becoming the man to communicate with the fans. I like him and he is also a great talker. We need more Shu, Gio and Asad presence. PSX 2016 was a great show and that was pretty much the last time these 3 were on stage at a Sony conference, I think.

I think Sony will add great multiplayer games to their gaming portfolio in addition to their great singleplayer games. You'll have a great and varied overall selection of games in the next generation from Sony. There will be something for everyone.

They'd be an amazing acquisition for any publisher

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

Everyone knows I do.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Sony are sending emails out for a Spider-Man plat avatar. Just got mine.

azgh9c.jpg

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

I hope Sony will make no AAA MP only games in the future, MP mode yes but no MP only...

And Sony also has in this generation very good MP games.
GTS is great online and from what I heard, KZ SF multiplayer is very well done or UC4 has also good MP.

Dreams will have a lot of MP stuff and I am sure The Last of Us 2 MP will be amazing.
Maybe also Death Stranding...

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

I think it's a matter of time for Sony to launch a stealth cinematic game.
It goes well along their strategy of not going 'against' 3P games ( no one is doing AAA stealth games since MGSV ) and it would fit well also their vision of going for something if they are going to be 'the best on the market' since, again, no one is doing something big in this genre lately.
If I had to choose one SIE studio to try a stealth game it would be Sucker Punch.
Not only they already have the experience on the genre, with the Sly series, now with Ghost of Tsushima I think they will even get better since the game will feature some stealth mechanics.
Immersive Sims is a genre that I love but sadly those games are not getting much attention lately ( Dishonored, Prey and Deus EX all underperformed even being good games ) so I don't know if Sony would try something in their style.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
DualShockers had a nice article about Days Gone
Lifting the lid some more on the Freakers in Days Gone, we will notice how uniquely different they really are from what we usually witness in the typical zombie title – here we see zombies with some sort of intelligence or embedded instinct. I don't remember the last time I came across a game like this where zombies migrate as a group, actually drink water, and hibernate. This would lead us to think that they have some kind of "thought" pattern in how to survive themselves, something that the genre rarely (if ever) approaches.
In Days Gone, however, the developers implement something distinct. Gone are the things you thought you knew about the average flesh-eater and in place there is a more complex structure: zombies that drink water seemingly due to being thirsty. This is something players aren't accustomed to — a zombie with some kind of humanistic need? They move in packs, maybe because they know they are safer like this – again another apparent human instinct. It seems that humans in Days Gone aren't the only ones who are trying to survive here, which makes this title to me all the more intriguing and compelling.
https://www.dualshockers.com/days-gone-zombie-apocalypse-opinion/

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
SIE doesnt have a straight up stealth game, but Days Gone, GoTsu, Death Stranding and The Last of Us PtII should all have strong stealth elements

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
What was the last steath game fot all platforms? Man, i miss these types of games

Dishonored 2, Mankind Divided, and Hitman. All 3 of those didn't do great at retail though despite high review scores.

Stealth isn't going away, i just don't think it's going to be the main focal point of games outside of a few games here and there. We do have Death Stranding coming though, i would assume that game will have very strong stealth elements to it.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I remember there being discussions a few pages back about Sony studios continuing as it or using a single engine, so this really puts that into perspective

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Interview with OlliOlli creators on Eurogamer → https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-17-the-past-present-and-future-of-olliolli

A meeting with Shahid Ahmad, then the champion of all things indie at Sony, put the pieces in place, and OlliOlli found its home on the PlayStation Vita. Tying the game to an underperforming but much-loved piece of hardware no doubt helped its visibility - with a relative lack of competition and lots of people willing to march for games that pledged exclusivity, it's doubtful OlliOlli would have had such a high profile elsewhere. Still, the OlliOlli that finally made its way to release was very different to the one that was first conceived; initially, it was an infinite runner.

"It was randomly generated," says John. "I don't mean procedural, I mean random, and they were unfair at times. We had a programmer join, and he was trying to recreate that stuff and hacking it, and we couldn't do procedural generation the way we wanted to. So I built a level editor in Multimedia Fusion that could export a text file you could then open a level on the Vita with - and it was a premade level just to test things so we can test the mechanics."
"It was only two or three weeks later that we took that build to E3," says Simon. "We thought yeah, great, let's go to America! There was no background - the blue sky was the blue the Vita renders when there's nothing to render."

"There were only three levels you could play," John adds on the critical moment when the focus shifted. "They went to E3 with that build and doing a high score battle on a level we built where everything was combo-able, and Simon and Tom just passed it back between themselves on the plane for 12 hours trying to beat each other, and we thought we can't lose that. And I was like, cool - that saves us a massive headache, we don't have to do procedural generation anymore."
"It came together in about nine months," says Simon. "Which for us was an eternity!"

"That was nine times longer than we'd spent on any game before..." adds John.

"And the budget was sub-£100,000, or in that ballpark," says Simon. "And for us it was the biggest project we'd done in games. Now, that doesn't even get you two coders. What were we thinking? I had a full-on mental breakdown during that."

"And that's not hyperbole either," solemnly adds John.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to have so much fun just riding around and exploring with the bike in Days Gone. My favorite episodes in TWD are the ones with heavy environmental storytelling that comes just by exploring the world.

This is what I am looking forward to the most. I just hope interuptions like those ambush traps aren`t too common. Tho one of the trailers actually warns you against sightseeing.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
SIE doesnt have a straight up stealth game, but Days Gone, GoTsu, Death Stranding and The Last of Us PtII should all have strong stealth elements
TLoU is the only stealth gameplay I've ever really enjoyed tbh. ND just nailed it and made it fun. Obviously it was also completely stupid with the idea that you can see through walls etc. But that's what I like about ND - despite the fact that they put so much focus on narrative, they still make a proper game despite that with mechanics and scenarios that aren't stuck in the boredom of reality. Looking forward to TLoU2.

Status
Not open for further replies.