• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Bungie isn't going to abandon 10+ million of their fans by making an exclusive deal with a platform holder.
They abandoned that many players with the original Halo when they agreed to be bought by Microsoft. I don't see them being bought out or even making Destiny 3 exclusive but I don't see it impossible for Sony to collaborate on a new shooter with them although unlikely.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I think my ideal multi-player would be a Sony Battle Royal based on the Naughty Dog multiplayer system. You could have regular events like the Infinity Gauntlet event in Fortnite, where one player gets to become a legendary PlayStation figure. Instead of becoming Thanos, someone would find the Leviathan and become Kratos, or find an item and become Aloy.

It would be another way of doing a PlayStation All-Stars.

Oct 25, 2017
I almost forgot. Every time Naughty Dog releases a game, that very same year we get an announcement of their newest game. So that's always exciting.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think we're getting a Dreams release date with the upcoming "update" announcement from MM? Desperately need that game in my life.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
i rather a have new Shooter IP than another Killzone

Maybe GG will go back to this Project

0lR5Ult.jpg

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Give me a new Killzone in the veins of 2. No BR mode, but a 30vs30 warzone mode with multiple objective changing and I'll be happy as f*ck. Throw in a good SP, this time only as Helghan and I'll buy all editions day one. Loved and played the shit out of KZ2, KZ3 and SF mp.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018

Bless Druckmann and Naughty Dog for openly embracing the LGBT+ community, whether that be through their inclusion of LGBT+ characters in their games or promoting super dope fanart like this. I hope that TLOU2 turns out to be hella gay, like I'm praying for it to be tbh. We're already heading there with the soft butch flannel-wearing dumbass lesbian representation with Ellie, her bi GF, and Seattle (Capitol Hill baybeh), I hope we get more.

But damn imagine all the losers getting triggered by portrayal of LGBT people and couples in the art/entertainment medium. How ever will these bigots get through ND's (gayest) masterpiece lol.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Killzone needs to stay dead and buried, it had more than enough chances to hit it big and it just never quite took off the way Sony wanted it to.

Guerrilla games can do better.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
The absolute best time, in my opinion, for Sony to release a "service" type multiplayer game is free-to-play alongside the launch of the PS5. I honestly believe they'd be pissing into the wind on PS4 with so many dedicated communities already out there, but if they can get out something really cool at launch of PS5 and then iterate on it throughout the gen, that's when the iron is hot.

But that's just my opinion.

I think Shawn already said that their new push for multiplayer games will happen for the new term (next gen). And yeah, a f2p model alongside a console launch can help a game a lot. I think that helped war thunder massively at the beginning of this gen. But this time around it will be a bit different. Those dedicated communities on PS4 won't vanish.
Fortnite, Apex and all these games won't go anywhere. They will be there day one on PS5. Also, I'm not sure if Sony will try f2p again after all their failed attempts in this gen. I'm also pretty sure that they won't go for a battle royal game.

Yeah, Sony Santa Monica has 41 job openings on their homepage.

http://sms.playstation.com/careers/

That's a lot of openings. Maybe they really want to go for 1 1/2 teams. Or they're trying to get God of War 2 ready for a release in early 2021.

Oct 25, 2017
God of War 2 and a new IP getting prepped and then go in the oven after GoW2 comes out.

I also vote for new IP shooter from GG. It is just more exciting all around. A complete fresh start for something entirely unknown.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Didn't Cory say he wanted more people so they could do more varied bosses? Because they only had a certain amount of people available to do the bosses and it took them like 6 months for each one?

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Didn't Cory say he wanted more people so they could do more varied bosses? Because they only had a certain amount of people available to do the bosses and it took them like 6 months for each one?
There's also the initiative from Sony in expanding their already existing first-party studios. Sucker Punch, Bend, I'm guessing Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, and PixelOpus (and XDEV but they mainly help other devs) have all moved to a new studio, expanded their team size, or have multiple projects in development. So this could be as a result of management putting more resources in their first-party studios rather than a decision exclusively made by game directors.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I got it! Instead of making another All Star Battle Royale game, how about we get some sort of game where we jump from PlayStation franchise to franchise and interact with their main characters? So jump from God of War to Horizon to TLOU to Astro Bot and so on. Make it some grand, epic story, the sort of crap Sony is known for. They'd have to be careful to ensure each world and main character behaves properly, but if they're doing it with exclusives that shouldn't be too hard. Each franchise could be a grand adventure where you team up with that worlds hero as part of a bigger quest. You can even cross over the characters, I'd love to see Kratos take down a Thunderjaw from Horizon!

Anyone think it could work? :)

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
For Guerrilla Games, I don't care if they use the Killzone IP or create a new one. I enjoyed Shadow Fall, but as long as the new game is a single player FPS with a good story, I don't care about the IP used. If they need a new IP to sell it easier to consumers, go.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
When did this happen ?
as i said, after the game's launch the studio decreased in size, you could have seen that with their very low linkedin developer counts back then.
right now they are still listed at 131, which means that they did not grow much so far from the last time i have checked, they were definitely bigger pre GoW release.
however all the positions that are listed now are promising.
anyway dont worry about that, it is perfectly normal for a studio to shrink in size after finishing a game they were hard at work at for years.

When they cancelled a project in 2014
they grew back when GoW was deep in development, but now they shrunk in size again.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
as i said, after the game's launch the studio decreased in size, you could have seen that with their very low linkedin developer counts back then.
right now they are still listed at 131, which means that they did not grow much so far from the last time i have checked, they were definitely bigger pre GoW release.
however all the positions that are listed now are promising.
anyway dont worry about that, it is perfectly normal for a studio to shrink in size after finishing a game they were hard at work at for years.

they grew back when GoW was deep in development, but now they shrunk in size again.
Eh their site mention they have over 200 now.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
just to be clear as people seem to misunderstand what i am saying, they were not fired. it is people who left after the game shipped.

Eh their site mention they have over 200 now.
hmm thats a good sign.

speaking of studio sizes, naughty dog are now over 450 developers if linkedin is correct, that sounds pretty big.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think Sony should use an established IP like Killzone for a new big next-gen multiplayer title.

Quite a few of their biggest releases in the next 3 years or so will be sequels. TLoU2, Spider-Man 2, GoW2, Horizon 2.

I much prefer a fresh new IP for an exciting new project.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving the direction that SIE is going in with their studios, but I do really miss their indie incubation projects. Having ThatGameCompany or Giant Sparrow, or even strong connections with a range of other smaller but creative teams was a real string to their bow.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
User Warned: Antagonising another member
I still don't get it why Sony went with Medievel and not Ape Escape for a remake.

Give us at least a collection on PSN Sony.

1- is not "Medievel" but MediEvil, pay respect to one of the first games that implemented 3D back in 1998.

2- Maybe Sony has seen more potential in MediEvil than in Ape Escape. Plus, MediEvil fans made more noise on social media than Ape's fans and here we go.

3- You don't like it? Don't talk about it. Don't refer to MediEvil with a derogatory tone because there are many people who like it and wanted a new game for years.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving the direction that SIE is going in with their studios, but I do really miss their indie incubation projects. Having ThatGameCompany or Giant Sparrow, or even strong connections with a range of other smaller but creative teams was a real string to their bow.

I miss the smaller projects too. I guess their attention has moved over to VR for these type of projects? Must be a difficult juggling act.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the smaller projects too. I guess their attention has moved over to VR for these type of projects? Must be a difficult juggling act.

It seems more like they've just decreased those games, but they still exist in non-VR form. Concrete Genie is a good example of that. Even MediEvil I feel would fall into that of a smaller project. I think (hope) we'll continue to see more games like those going forward alongside the likes of TLoU, GoW, Spider-Man and so on.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Horizon 2 at launch (or soon after), GoW2 in 2021 would be amazing
Launch Nov 20 - Horizon 2
Q1-2 21 Gran Turismo 7, BBII
Q3-4 21 Spiderman 2, GOW 2

Gimme SOCOM, Resistance, Killzone or Warhawk. Any of those would be nuts.
Soccom to me would make sense as a F2P to scratch that Counter Strike PC itch. Release on Jan 21 and collect money with cosmetics.

Beefing up so they can also developer Cory's new IP. :)
That's what I think and hope also

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
1- is not "Medievel" but MediEvil, pay respect to one of the first games that implemented 3D back in 1998.

2- Maybe Sony has seen more potential in MediEvil than in Ape Escape. Plus, MediEvil fans made more noise on social media than Ape's fans and here we go.

3- You don't like it? Don't talk about it. Don't refer to MediEvil with a derogatory tone because there are many people who like it and wanted a new game for years.
I can talk in a derogatory or complimentary way about any game that I want.
If that hurts you, feel free to report me or block me.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Lay off breh. Your tone is completely out of place for what amounts to little more than a harmless, general observation. What's with the hostility?

Pay respect? Derogatory tone? Not sure where you're getting any of that. It's not that serious. Get a grip please.

Oct 27, 2017
Killzone is from an era when people had no respect for Sony's exclusive. It's a damaged brand.

You know what else is from that era? God of War. Ratchet and Clank. Shadow of the Colossus. To name a few.

So yeah, I think the problem with Killzone's success has rested on the quality and consistency of the series itself, not some nebulous and creaky generalisation like that.

Oct 27, 2017

This is a really weird response to a fairly banal comment. Angie didn't refer to Medievil with a derogatory tone, nor any tone at all. Just pointing out that an Ape Escape collection would have been preferred, to which I concur. Personally there's a ton of games I would have wanted to be remastered before Medievil.

Also, lighten up; it was a typo. "Oh no, you're not paying enough respects by mis-spelling this made up word!"

Lastly, citation definitely needed on "one of the first games that implemented 3D back in 1998". I mean, unless by "one of the first" you mean like one of the first 1000 games to use full 3D? Or one of the first games to use full 3D in 1998; a time when most of the industry was already developing in full 3D so that's a weird distinction to make.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I am not a big KZ fan but I like the setting and a ME like 3rd person game in the KZ universe would be amazing.

KZ 2 was really good imo and the fanboy fight between KZ 2 and Halo 3 fans is legendary :D
At least on the site were I was active at this time...

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I can't hate on space nazi uniforms with glowing red eyes and crazy mechs. Sorry. I hope they come back in some form on PS5.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We really need to find a consensus on PS5 launch games. I'm not sure if this has been addressed but reading throught the last few pages it becomes apparent that in terms of launch titles PS5 is competing with themselves.

GOW & HZD should be given another year. It pains me to admit that especially since HZD is my Game of the gen thus far. But when you consider the magnum opus aka TLOU2 and Ghost Of Tsushima are still viable options.

When you consider that third party are going to want in on PS5's launch hype. Games like Watch Dogs 3 (I thought WD2 was a blast) COD and other games looking to showcase on the new hardware, I don't think it makes much sense for Sony to put their best and brightest in that launch window.
https://screenrant.com/watch-dogs-3-trademark-ubisoft/

Especially since they've made a habit of giving their own ip room to resonate via their launch window And Sam Witwer's (Deacon from Days Gone) interview where he stressed that Sony refuses to compete with themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.