• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Raqf1iQ.gif

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
They have multiple smaller-ish teams. And they do a lot of oursourcing. Simple as that. That's why the graphics are not up there with games like Horizon Zero Dawn or Assassin's Creed etc. That's not their goal. It's all about gameplay and small dev cycles for them. So they can keep making a lot of games with multiple internal teams :)
I've enjoyed everything they've put out with the only exceptions being W101 and the licensed stuff. And Nier Automata was my GOTY 2017. So I'll be very happy indeed if BF does make 2019.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the D.I.C.E Awards were crazy. God of War with 9 wins (out of 11 nominations).
Well deserved for Shannon, Cory and the whole Sony Santa Monica crew :)

I decided to look at how other games have done for comparison. It seems that GoW was only one win away from tying The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 for the most awarded game at a DICE awards. They sit at 10 wins each. It'll be interesting to see if Part II can set the record. It's almost certainly have the animation category on lockdown going by that E3 gameplay. That might also put it over for technical achievement as well. That'd get it to 11 if it took all the categories that GoW won this year.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
I decided to look at how other games have done for comparison. It seems that GoW was only one win away from tying The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 for the most awarded game at a DICE awards. They sit at 10 wins each. It'll be interesting to see if Part II can set the record. It's almost certainly have the animation category on lockdown going by that E3 gameplay. That might also put it over for technical achievement as well. That'd get it to 11 if it took all the categories that GoW won this year.

loving this ! playstation exclusives competing with playstation exclusives
God of War was on a roll yesterday.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Still doesn't sound like a game to me. More like some middleware or something. Typically videogame IP trademarks don't go public until around the time of their announcement.

There is a big possibility of not being a game. The font is exactly the same they used to register a DualShock trademark.

Edit: On second thought, it can be anything. All trademarks registered by Sony are registered in the same manner: https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/sony-interactive-entertainment-llc-3832631/

Last edited:

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
For me the one of the best games of this generation is from Platinium. Nier Automata.
I Would be more Hyped for a new Nier than almost First Party PlayStation Games. From the Nintendo Direct the Platinium game was the only one that made me want a switch.

I Think Sony has to diversify on their exclusivy orfer (although the 3rd party do that). And with the time game development takes they need more studios or more developers. And There is no need for all games to be AAA.
NieR is good because Yoko Taro.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
With this new thread about Siege's performance

Rainbow Six Siege reaches 45 million players. MAU, Revenue, Eports Viewership up as well.

It's just hard for me to believe that Guerrilla hiring Larouche (Siege's game director) wasn't for a multiplayer game. Especially with Shawn mentioning that we'll likely see them in that area in the "new term". Plus Yoshida has also commented on their lack of success in the multiplayer arena. He created one of the biggest multiplayer shooters this gen and it's an area that Sony's struggles in. It just makes too much sense.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

Rainbow Six Siege reaches 45 million players. MAU, Revenue, Eports Viewership up as well.

It's just hard for me to believe that Guerrilla hiring Larouche (Siege's game director) wasn't for a multiplayer game. Especially with Shawn mentioning that we'll likely see them in that area in the "new term". Plus Yoshida has also commented on their lack of success in the multiplayer arena. He created one of the biggest multiplayer shooters this gen and it's an area that Sony's struggles in. It just makes too much sense.

Yeah, it's a lock that Larouche will work on something Multiplayer for Sony.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Still doesn't sound like a game to me. More like some middleware or something. Typically videogame IP trademarks don't go public until around the time of their announcement.

Yeah I don't know how long I've had that bookmarked. Your right most games get trademarked within couple of days of announcement. Or at least visible in the databases of those websites.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems in 2019 peoepl still cant handed 2 women kissing

It defies all logic why people get up in arms about this.

Take Disney animated films for example, ALL of them showcase heterosexual relationships, but if one were to come along showing a homosexual couple, even if they're side characters, these whiners would complain.

It reminds me of a fat kid at christmas who gets every toy they want, but when the kid across the street just gets one toy, even if it's one the fat kid already has, he throws a tantrum because he can't stand to see someone else happy.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017

If Guerrilla make a new FPS, i really want them to put in a meaty solo content because with their artists and writers i really think they can come up with a great universe whether it's sf or something like Dark Silence.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War is my second best game of the generation but it's funny how no one noticed that Atreus is connected to Kratos eye direction when it comes to shooting arrows. In other words, have Kratos stand in a front of a wall looking at it and shoot arrows. All the arrows will hit the wall where Kratos is looking at. And this happens even if there's enemies around in the area or behind Kratos. Other than this, I had zero major complaints. I did have a few minor complaints though. Hated the fast travel setup and didn't like the mist or trials realms. Despite these four overall complaints, God of War was still my 2018 game of the year. Superb game.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So, Yusuke Hashimoto is at least currently without a job. He was the director of Bayonetta 2. If Sony doesn't want to commission Platinum for a game then at least hire him to work at Japan Studio.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Sony has had amazing multiplayer games though and the only one that really caught on was Socom. Uncharted 2, Warhawk, TLOU, even Killzone had great multiplayer but never got huge. I think this R6 guy will help them build an amazing online component but I don't think it'll balloon into something big.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Sony has had amazing multiplayer games though and the only one that really caught on was Socom. Uncharted 2, Warhawk, TLOU, even Killzone had great multiplayer but never got huge. I think this R6 guy will help them build an amazing online component but I don't think it'll balloon into something big.
Marketing for the MP and post-launch support is gonna be key. Assuming it's a Killzone game Sony should fly out all the big Call of Duty, Titanfall, Battlefield, Rainbow Six etc. YouTubers and Streamers to play the game early and record gameplay.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

Marketing was a failure of Sony last gen with respect to first party outings. I think that's a big reason why they never got that Halo or Gears level multiplayer hit. And then this gen when marketing is on point and online gaming is hitting a stride they don't even try.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Other than Gran Turismo, Sony has never given MP-focused projects the investment it deserves to be honest.

Sure, games like Killzone, Uncharted and TLOU have MP modes, but it's also clear that the MP-part of the team is smaller or less robust compared to industry peers making CoD or Battlefield.

And then games like Warhawk, Twisted Metal, SOCOM, MAG, etc - all of them have always been less 'prestigious' in terms of budget ( it shows in the product imo ) compared to the flagship single-player IPs like God of War and Uncharted.

While I'm not entirely sold on Shawn Layden's focus on bigger releases, if they are serious about MP-focused investment this time round, I would have expectations that they're going in with the same level of investment that they're giving their single player AAA games.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I didn't think MAG, Twisted Metal, and other games were very good. I tried hard to make Twisted Metal happen (nostalgia for 2) and it just didn't click for me.

Manixramz

Apr 4, 2018
Did people forget that Simon Larouche also was apart of the team that made Killzone 2.

yeah , not many know this , this is why i hope there is a second team working on killzone .
loved killzone 2 mp and uncharted 2 mp .

my hope for new killzone is, SP open to travel between planets , interact with NPC and nice story evolved like horizon ZD.
for MP , just bring back kz2 mp

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Is there like a battery extender or somesuch you can attach to a DS4? I'm tired of buying new controllers when it turns sour.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I think they'll bring Killzone back as a Rainbow Six Siege style FPS.

Multiplayer only

Status
Not open for further replies.