• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

Wonder what's in March hmmm :)

giphy.gif

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh that's interesting. So now second party is a thing!?

I know back in the PSone days people referred to second party as third party developed games that were published by a first party. But it's a name that's kinda drifted away in recent years. Interesting that Sony's officially using the label now and it's not just a gamer thing.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Sony wasn't going to market Days Gone because they didn't believe in it?

Sounds like they just changed Gio's job title.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I know back in the PSone days people referred to second party as third party developed games that were published by a first party. But it's a name that's kinda drifted away in recent years. Interesting that Sony's officially using the label now and it's not just a gamer thing.
But that is the definition of second party right? thirds making exclusive games.

Like Spiderman

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
But that is the definition of second party right? thirds making exclusive games.

Like Spiderman

Internally there's not been such a thing as "second party". Spider-man, Until Dawn, Detroit etc are all first party according to Sony.
It's just a term that fans started using, probably for console wars.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Internally there's not been such a thing as "second party". Spider-man, Until Dawn, Detroit etc are all first party according to Sony.
It's just a term that fans started using, probably for console wars.
Nah, there have been Sony execs and 2nd party developers using the term 2nd party before. It's not as well established, but it did not originate from fans. However it recent years it kinda died down and indeed got mostly merged with 1st party

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm playing trough the 3rd world of Astrobot and oh boy the hype was real!
Game is simply amazing!
I haven't finished yet but I can already say that I can't wait to see what Team Asobi brings next.
Game is a joy to play.

Deleted member 30005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Interesting turn of phrase, "the new term".

Shawn Layden: Worldwide Studios, like I say, we've been going really heavy into story-driven gaming. The power of the narrative. Big, spectacular experiences. But not a whole lot in the multiplayer side of things, I think. That's an area where you will likely see us start to make more noise in the new term.

Business Insider

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed that Studio Manchester still hasn't had a proper reveal. It was founded in 2015.

The quote about the multiplayer sector is interesting (and gonna give some peeps heartburn). Maybe Guerrilla really is planning an online-centric game instead of just Horizon 2 multiplayer.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
So Jim haven't bought a studio yet. What a failure.
Shout out to the person that made this joke on discord, that I can't remember who.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Shu has also mentioned the lack of multiplayer success that they've had. I actually think we're going to see Part II's multiplayer component get a big push from Sony. It's going to be attached to a massive game, so they'd be foolish not to take advantage of that.

Oct 27, 2017
Gio Corsi as the Head of Global Second Party games is a great find ! Also nice to see PixelOpus on that pic, I mentioned the other day they weren't listed on the WWS portal.

unknown.png

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I actually think we're going to see Part II's multiplayer component get a big push from Sony.

I don't, going by Naughty Dogs history they'll drop support after the first year, it's never going to have an e-sport or competitive community and judging from the recent microtransactions debacle may have P2W weaponry

Now Guerrilla's second studio game on the other hand, that may be Sony's magnum opus considering that they hired devs who worked on Rainbow Six Siege, that alone sold me on whatever Guerrilla's second studio has cooking up.

Some people are clamoring for a new Socom. I really believe Guerrilla is by far the most talented MP developer that Sony has right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.