• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Not that I think TLoU2 is coming this year, but something like fake brands and logos to populate the game seems like something that would be more towards the tail end of the project.
For sure, but the game would need to be fully wrapped up in late August or September for release this year. Posting a position now, adding like a month to get that person actually in the door and hired, doesn't allow them much time to create, refine, and insert them into the finished product. Also, keep in mind this is likely one of thousands of things they're pulling together in the back half of production. 2020 is extremely likely, in my opinion.

Nov 18, 2018
For sure, but the game would need to be fully wrapped up in late August or September for release this year. Posting a position now, adding like a month to get that person actually in the door and hired, doesn't allow them much time to create, refine, and insert them into the finished product. Also, keep in mind this is likely one of thousands of things they're pulling together in the back half of production. 2020 is extremely likely, in my opinion.
I don't see this type of stuff taking more than six months to create. I think all these temporary positions are pointing to an autumn 2019 release.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
For sure, but the game would need to be fully wrapped up in late August or September for release this year. Posting a position now, adding like a month to get that person actually in the door and hired, doesn't allow them much time to create, refine, and insert them into the finished product.

May not necessary be in the finished product. Could be post-launch DLC.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I think TLOU2 will more likely release in 2020, it'll certainly do well no matter when it releases but if it comes in too late it'll be in the crowded part of the year, fighting it out with a lot of third parties which they don't need to do. And I bet they don't want to miss any bugs that mark down the score of the game when they don't have to.

After Days Gone I imagine we'll hear more about what's coming out for the latter half of 2019.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I'm slowly starting to think The Last of Us Part II will be a 2019 release. Anywhere from September through December.

Oct 27, 2017
For those that think all these temporary job positions mean the game will release soon: Just show me evidence of one other game where this has been true. Just a single, solitary example with verifiable evidence, and I'd be happy to consider your position.

For reference, there are about 21 temp positions on the ND site with more that are not listed as temp positions. Usually these types of jobs create at least a news story or two(for big games at least) that would be archived for past games, so evidence should not be a problem if your prediction has merit to it.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
One thing is certain: Jason McDonald (lead gameplay designer on God of War) will not be directing God of War 2. Jason has now got promoted to Design Director (previously Derek Daniels).

0HjVEp2.png

https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/taking-an-axe-to-god-of-war-gameplay-/861336

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

In the case of the original game, they actually hired the art director (Nate Wells) for it just 10 months before it launched. And that's a much more critical position than someone who'd be making fictional brands for the world.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see Days Gone and TLOU2 in the same year.
Both of these are Sci-fi FPS:
  • Killzone 3 - February 2011
  • Resistance 3 - September 2011

Both of these are colourful character platform games:
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - February 2013
  • Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - November 2013

... all are some of PlayStation's main franchises of the time. Like I've said before, Sony has and will continue to release games when they like.

Last edited:

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
they are a studio limited/focused to a certain genre/type of games, which don't really have a hug hit potential when it comes to the big masses (they still made money tough). With increasing cost, bigger staff and more ambitous Games i can see why Sony didnt't want to take them over.

iirc David Cage himself said in the past that they would be open for a aqcuisition since they have such a strong parternship with Sony

I kinda disagree with this, but only because I think having unique content on the platform across multiple genres is important. Plus, QD games aren't exactly expensive to make. I think they said Detroit was their biggest expense at like 40-60 million, right?

Oct 31, 2017
Well it looks like that time has come!!

IGN are reporting that ALL 1st party development has been moved to ps5 and that dev kits are definitely all out now to 1st party.

What I would like to know does that mean that all PRO development also because when I went to last shows the games where all running on PS4PRO's and NO GAME (1st party at least) where running on base ps4.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

IGN are reporting that ALL 1st party development has been moved to ps5 and that dev kits are definitely all out now to 1st party.

What I would like to know does that mean that all PRO development also because when I went to last shows the games where all running on PS4PRO's and NO GAME (1st party at least) where running on base ps4.
The time has come.... IGN finally made a video about a post here on ResetEra. You're late, IGN.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

ResetEra > IGN > ResetEra
Zhuge also said that there's still multiple unannounced games based on existing IP, and that some might be moved to be cross-gen or PS5 entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.