• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I can't imagine Sony continuing to work with them after recent lawsuits.
I always bullshit posts like this. Or QD maybe wants to be MP? Did you see Sony do anything or give a singly flying fuck when a guy from NaughtyDog was supposedly sexually assaulting people? Note that my last question is rhetorical.

TheManWhoSoldVG

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 30, 2018
463326180498604042.png
???

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I always bullshit posts like this. Or QD maybe wants to be MP? Did you see Sony do anything or give a singly flying fuck when a guy from NaughtyDog was supposedly sexually assaulting people? Note that my last question is rhetorical.
Even the latest Edge magazine has suggested Sony has run out of patience with Cage et al. I'm not suggesting anything controversial.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Even the latest Edge magazine has suggested Sony has run out of patience with Cage et al. I'm not suggesting anything controversial.
Ok, did they run out of patience with ND? Because it looked like they swept it under the rug and gave zero fucks with them. This is what I mean. Now Sony may cut the deal, but it may be more due to prestige/money then the incident. Greg Miller flat out stated some reviewers hate Cage. I'm 100% certain that game would be rated noticably higher if it wasn't related to his company or him for example.

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
sony they will not acquisition QD
because they will be acquisition by another company there is some rumors if i am not wrong about it
and about Kojima Productions it will not be strange if they are join to sony because they use internal resource technology from other first party studio and work a lot of time in it
so if they want work independent i don't think they can use that resource
so they must find another engine and start from scratch if they want build engine
and may take them more then year
and about
Insomniac they will stay independent

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Ok, did they run out of patience with ND? Because it looked like they swept it under the rug and gave zero fucks with them. This is what I mean. Now Sony may cut the deal, but it may be more due to prestige/money then the incident. Greg Miller flat out stated some reviewers hate Cage. I'm 100% certain that game would be rated noticably higher if it wasn't related to his company or him for example.
That's fair enough, time will tell. And I appreciate the ND incident was handled disgustingly woefully, but it didn't make it to court which (sadly) makes it a little easier to bypass the "red tape" (also known as sensible rules and compliance!).

I'd be surprised if QD walked away from Sony though given the unparalleled support they get in that relationship.

With regards to your other point, Greg Miller discrediting fellow journalists' integrity (even if not naming them) isn't a good look surely. And reviewers hate a lot of things - I'm sure all games would rate higher if it weren't for the often trivial things that certain critics don't like.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK

It definitely gets at least five extra points on Metacritic if there's a different developer's name on the box. Which is bonkers!

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It definitely gets at least five extra points on Metacritic if there's a different developer's name on the box. Which is bonkers!
I know you're being sarcastic and pretending to be funny.. ok exact numbers is a fool's game, but it would have ranked better if it was someone else. You can tell the way certain journos write about them in general, the petty 10 year old passive aggressive tweets, articles.. I still laugh at Polygon's houlier than thou horseshit that they won't review the game our principle, but they will go on twitch to make money and talk shit about it. My kindergarden classmates weren't that childish than these brats.

also hearing it from Greg Miller was just confirmation. One journalist told him they hated that they were enjoying the game because it was made by Cage. What a pathetic loser that person is. I'm not a person that thinks journos generally do this, but Cage is definitely not liked by some of the journalist community.

That's fair enough, time will tell. And I appreciate the ND incident was handled disgustingly woefully, but it didn't make it to court which (sadly) makes it a little easier to bypass the "red tape" (also known as sensible rules and compliance!).

I'd be surprised if QD walked away from Sony though given the unparalleled support they get in that relationship.

With regards to your other point, Greg Miller discrediting fellow journalists' integrity (even if not naming them) isn't a good look surely. And reviewers hate a lot of things - I'm sure all games would rate higher if it weren't for the often trivial things that certain critics don't like.
He wasn't being purposely malicious, but it confirms a lot of shitty articles we've gotten because of QD. Maybe it's a combination of things, I just think that if a company is reviewing well and making money, Sony nor any top publisher is not going to cut them unless something truly crazy happens. As for QD, there's still a ton more details that need to be confirmed and go through the law before we can make conclusive statements, not that it stopped hundreds of people of doing so when the news originally broke.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit is in my backlog but all games should be reviewed for the game itself. Everything else should be non-existent in my opinion. This is just one of many reasons why I don't care about reviews. There's always some kind of bullshit one way or the other instead of just being based on the game and how good or bad it is.

I personally would like to see Sony retain Quantic Dream as it's a great developer and the games they make are the best in this industry by far.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The only thing that would make SIE loose patience with anybody is if they stop making money. And QD has been more profitable than ever. If they split it will either be mutually motivated (QD expanding) or Sony always intended Detroit to be their last together for now regardless of what happened

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
sony they will not acquisition QD
because they will be acquisition by another company there is some rumors if i am not wrong about it
and about Kojima Productions it will not be strange if they are join to sony because they use internal resource technology from other first party studio and work a lot of time in it
so if they want work independent i don't think they can use that resource
so they must find another engine and start from scratch if they want build engine
and may take them more then year
and about
Insomniac they will stay independent
QD being acquired by someone else? What are the rumors?

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Guys, it's someone's LinkdIn profile, not a corporate statement.

As she in 'talent acquisition' the context I know that word in is what used to be called head-hunting, which means actively approaching selected candidate, rather than passively waiting for CVs to come in.

She's listing studios she's helped recruit for, which includes Insomniac & KojiPro.

It doesn't mean Sony are buying them, or throwing QD under a bus.

QD being acquired by someone else? What are the rumors?

Tales from the ass, that's what they are.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Looks like Astro Bot Rescue Mission was a big enough success for Sony to make some gear for it. Trademark at the EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office ): https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018006679
  • 14 Clocks, watches; goods of precious metals namely, jewellery, brooches, cuff-links, ornamental pins, tie pins, horological and chronometric instruments and key rings; jewellery.
  • 16 Printed matter; books; stationery.
  • 18 Bags; baggage; luggage; purses; wallets; umbrellas; all the aforesaid goods being merchandise relating to a computer game of the same name.
  • 21 Household and kitchen utensils; cooking utensils; glassware; earthenware; porcelain; mugs; coffee cups; all the aforesaid goods being merchandise relating to a computer game of the same name.
  • 25 Clothing, footwear, headgear.
  • 28 Toys, games and playthings; all the aforesaid goods being merchandise relating to a computer game of the same name.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Astro Bot Rescue Mission was a big enough success for Sony to make some gear for it. Trademark at the EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office ): https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/018006679
Best platformer in at least 6 years. Dudes knocked it out of the park.
Is that picture put there by that woman or is it random?

Because putting that there along with "Hmm I wonder what we're working on..." would strongly indicate they're working on the next Uncharted. The audacity of that kind of tease. That's just outrageous.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Best platformer in at least 6 years. Dudes knocked it out of the park.

Is that picture put there by that woman or is it random?

Because putting that there along with "Hmm I wonder what we're working on..." would strongly indicate they're working on the next Uncharted. The audacity of that kind of tease. It's outrageous.

Yeah, she has to be trolling us....right?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I wouldn't read that as an outright confirmation necessarily. It could just be making fun that people are jumping to the conclusion that it's Uncharted, just like Quentin Cobb did when he posted in this thread stating they found it humorous that we thought it was an Uncharted 5 game a few months ago.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the image is from the article not her..............................

i hate you all
It's not that. If she's linking the article with a goddamn UC4 picture and which speculates about Uncharted while being all devilishly cunning like "Hmm, what do we have over here, what are we working on DOT DOT DOT", it's one of those typical indications that it's related.

So either it's a genuine hint or she's being a huge troll, which is just disappointing because people out there will have broken hearts. Not me. But People. And people matter. They matter.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I'll still play it, im not really interested in an Uncharted 5. Would much rather have a Lost Legacy 2.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If San Diego are working on a AAA title already, there's a chance they could be releasing it in the first 1-2 years of the PS5. So the main studios we know of to watch out for in the first 2 years would most likely be Polyphony, San Diego, Guerilla, Japan Studio, and possibly Insomniac if they're not going straight to a Spider-Man sequel. Then there's any partnerships we may not be aware of, which I'm sure must be in the works.

I would expect the others to show up later. God of War's sequel, Spider-Man's sequel, Cory's new IP, and maybe a Quantic Dream project in years 3-4. Then you'd have Bend, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, and maybe Kojima Productions showing up sometime from year 3-4 onward. Some sooner, and some later.

That's if things go smoothly and everything works out.

Oct 25, 2017
If San Diego are working on a AAA title already, there's a chance they could be releasing it in the first 1-2 years of the PS5. So the main studios we know of to watch out for in the first 2 years would most likely be Polyphony, San Diego, Guerilla, Japan Studio, and possibly Insomniac if they're not going straight to a Spider-Man sequel. Then there's any partnerships we may not be aware of, which I'm sure must be in the works.

I would expect the others to show up later. God of War's sequel, Spider-Man's sequel, Cory's new IP, and maybe a Quantic Dream project in years 3-4. Then you'd have Bend, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, and maybe Kojima Productions showing up sometime from year 3-4 onward. Some sooner, and some later.

That's if things go smoothly and everything works out.
That along with BC will make launch the best it has ever been for a PS console.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That along with BC will make launch the best it has ever been for a PS console.
Horizon 2 along would be a big deal. If we can somehow manage to get Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet, and another AA game from Japan Studio in addition to that, that'd be a huge improvement over PS4's year one.

Obviously with the caveat that the games deliver. As always.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon 2 along would be a big deal. If we can somehow manage to get Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet, and another AA game from Japan Studio in addition to that, that'd be a huge improvement over PS4's year one.

Obviously with the caveat that the games deliver. As always.

I'd bet money that Dreams will be a live serviceish title. I expect to see it there at launch as well.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the fantasy scenario would be Sony showing up at the PS5 reveal and announcing PS5 is launching with Gran Turismo 7 and Ratchet. Followed by Horizon 2 about 3 months later, and the Uncharted reboot by San Diego about 3 months after that. Between all of that, you have a few smaller games along with something from Japan Studio.

People would lose their fucking minds really.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Honestly, the fantasy scenario would be Sony showing up at the PS5 reveal and announcing PS5 is launching with Gran Turismo 7 and Ratchet. Followed by Horizon 2 about 3 months later, and the Uncharted reboot by San Diego about 3 months after that. Between all of that, you have a few smaller games along with something from Japan Studio.

There wont be 4 big exclusive games in the first year (slap me if sony surprises me). Besides, I think we wont see san diego's first game sooner than late 2021-early 2022.

Is it going to be aaa studio btw? We dont know jackshit about it right?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Also announce that the PS5 is full backwards compatible (if it runs on PS4, it runs on PS5) and show a reel of the biggest PS4 exclusives running on PS5 with enhanced graphics.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There wont be 4 big exclusive games in the first year (slap me if sony surprises me). Besides, I think we wont see san diego's first game sooner than late 2021-early 2022.

Is it going to be aaa studio btw? We dont know jackshit about it right?
It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Keep in mind that the first year of PS4 was originally supposed to have 4 AAA games. You had Killzone, Infamous, DriveClub, and The Order, which ended up delayed out of late 2014 into early 2015. And don't forget Knack. He was there too. (And in addition to that, you had a bunch of smaller games like Resogun etc.)

At a certain point, they will have to consider marketing as well as fiscal targets and whatnot, which means titles will have to come out. That's why I was marking certain studios showing up in years 1-2, because there are several right now which are bound to show up later due to simply either finishing their PS4 games only recently, or them still working on their last PS4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.