• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
any rumblings on the socom IP?? still in limbo or is sony thinking up a way to use it to get into BR?

Still in the limbo with WipEout, Killzone, Twisted Metal etc...
SOCOM could really do a job as a first party multiplayer but turning it into a Battle Royale? Fortnite is way too big and popular, SOCOM won't stand a chance, just bring back classic SOCOM with refined gameplay.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Hype

I love that Japan Studio banner. Erase Knack from memory and they've had a pretty good gen - The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush are two of my favourite games of the gen. Won't play Astro Bot until Christmas, but I'm sure I'll like it a lot also.
Yup. Two of my favorite games as well along with Astro Bot.

Hopefully that Cerny team's next IP for PS5, if they do one, is way more interesting and eye catching since I've liked a lot of Cerny's past games and their work on the second game was clearly better than the first one, so hopefully they can build on the team's experience with a better new project.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Nice OT! Voted for the winning title as well.

O man, this next 2 years are gonna be too long, specially the first one, with no news in sight

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
What incredible turnaround for SSM i hope Yoshida will greenlight the Cory's new ip that BOI deserves it

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Quick reactions to Sony's upcoming games:
The Last of us 2 - Looks really good. Animations looks smooth, graphics and story looks great.
Days gone - Looks awful and janky. Seems generic as hell. Strong pass.
Dreams - Some aspects looks decent, but these creation games don't really interest me. Pass
Death stranding - Needs more footage. Very strange reveals but so far looks good.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Great OP as always. :)
And glad that the best thread title won the survey!
Great job OP and fantastic thread title
Fantastic job as always Juan, great stuff
You put some info about Gow into the Guerilla part. Otherwise great Ot.
You have Put God of war winning GOTY under Guerrilla Games. Nice OT btw!!
Wow, great OT! Thanks
Great jog! Great title!
Perfect title and perfect OP, love it!

I welcome hundreds of pages speculating about Arrogant Sony and it's no games in development :P

I kid, the next two years have a lot coming out on the PS4 in terms of first party stuff, now we just gotta know the dates!
Best OT since Gaf times still best OT!
Thanks Juan Latino!
Brilliant title. Nice job with the OP.
Amazing OT. Looking sexy!
JuanLatino Well done on the new look!
such a good thread.
Hello fam
Nice OT! Voted for the winning title as well.

O man, this next 2 years are gonna be too long, specially the first one, with no news in sight

Thank You Guys/Girls :) Im glad you like it
And yeah that Guerilla Part is wrong, thanks for pointing it out

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. Two of my favorite games as well along with Astro Bot.

Hopefully that Cerny team's next IP for PS5, if they do one, is way more interesting and eye catching since I've liked a lot of Cerny's past games and their work on the second game was clearly better than the first one, so hopefully they can build on the team's experience with a better new project.
I'll jump on the TLG and GR2 Japan Studio bandwagon, they're both amazing games. Still need to buy a PSVR to play Astro Bot but I'm hoping I'll get one some time next year.

I doubt Cerny will be heavily involved in the Knack team's next game. Takamitsu Iijima co-directed Knack 2, so I'm betting he'll take over. Also, their next project has to be an Ape Escape remake, I refuse to consider anything else.

Anyway, great job with the OP, JuanLatino , particularly the banners which look better than ever. If I have one nitpick, it's that I'd change "Third Party Studios" to "External Partners". I feel like labelling them as third party studios misleads people into believing they're third party exclusives, when they're actually working on first party games.

Edit: Oh and it's actually Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia, not just Japan.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, great job with the OP, JuanLatino , particularly the banners which look better than ever. If I have one nitpick, it's that I'd change "Third Party Studios" to "External Partners". I feel like labelling them as third party studios misleads people into believing they're third party exclusives, when they're actually working on first party games.

Edit: Oh and it's actually Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia, not just Japan.

Thank you aswell Liquid!
External Partners does sound indeed better, i just put that Third Party Studios Remark in the last second.
the last part regarding SIE Japan will be Corrected, thanks !

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
call me crazy but skipping E3 is very palatable if you have 4 blockbuster games releasing in the year. might not happen, but i might also happen.

asari

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's 2 ways they can release these 3 games.
Tsushima and Death Stranding will release next year with TLOU2 in March 2020 or only one game next year with two in 2020 and TLOU2 being crossgen.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I could see Concrete Genie being close to Days Gone, but Sept-Nov I expect TLOU2 or DS.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
I'm going with:

TLOU - November 2019
Death Stranding - March 2020
GoT - November 2020

I think that Tsushima has the potential to be SP's breakout game that could put them on the level of Sony's best 1st Party studios. And making it the premier launch title means everyone's going to get it with their PS5 (like KZ: SF).

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
TLoU II is releasing next year. I will eat a cordyceps infected ant if not.

Last edited:

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Lovely OT....................also,is it just me or are we all assuming Naughty Dog's game after The Last of Us Part II will be new IP.The Last of Us Part III just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm going with:

TLOU - November 2019
Death Stranding - March 2020
GoT - November 2020

I think that Tsushima has the potential to be SP's breakout game that could put them on the level of Sony's best 1st Party studios. And making it the premier launch title means everyone's going to get it with their PS5 (like KZ: SF).
IDK, I feel like Ghost of Tsushima is going to be Sony's next Horizon, and they will want to position it as so, in the Feb-March-April timeframe
But if the game's not done (and DS is) the game's not done

Oct 30, 2017
Lovely OT....................also,is it just me or are we all assuming Naughty Dog's game after The Last of Us Part II will be new IP.The Last of Us Part III just doesn't seem to make sense to me.
I'm pretty sure their next game after TLoU2 will be new IP. It doesn't make sense to produce another sequel. There are already quite a few sequels coming from Sony's best studios. The Last of Us II, God of War 2, Horizon 2, Spiderman 2 (probably).

PS5 needs some new IPs, too.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony must have something for 2019 beyond Days Gone or Dreams, i'm guessing at least one of the big three makes it, hopefully Death Stranding.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
- Concrete Genie
- Days Gone
- Dreams
- MediEvil
Maybe Blood and Truth

Is not so bad even without the big three because is full of third party like Sekiro, Dying Light 2, Control etc.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
IDK, I feel like Ghost of Tsushima is going to be Sony's next Horizon, and they will want to position it as so, in the Feb-March-April timeframe
But if the game's not done (and DS is) the game's not done
Good point. Hard to say when GoT will be ready. SP is not as big as some of the other studios and GoT looks like their biggest game yet. It could definitely be ready for Spring 2020, but if it's not I don't know whether they'd push it to Spring 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.