• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Still far away.... I cannot stand the low performance of my base PS4. Droped Kingdom Hearts 3 because of this. I really hope that games that have a better performance on Pro will be boosted even more in Ps5. I will gladly replay some Ps4 games not playable on PC.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not in 11 months? Well, duh!

Would be funny if the PS5 releases on the same day as the Sony Press Conference in June. Mark Cerny entering the stage, and whispers "Out Now."

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
That makes a lot of sense then, let's just see if Microsoft will launch first in march then

Would potentially make sense for Microsoft to launch first, especially if their console will be a lot more powerful. Launching first and having the strongest console should help as long as they've got the games to back it up.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It just seems odd for Sony to rule out a large timeframe which leaves it open for competitive moves by eg MS.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Do we file this under the "we'll wait for the competition to launch first"-rugpull they did with the PS4? So, holiday 2019?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do we file this under the "we'll wait for the competition to launch first"-rugpull they did with the PS4? So, holiday 2019?

It's tricky if this is a statement in an investor report. I'd expect a certain amount of fiscal responsibility in any statements in such a report

I'm sure it allows some amount of leeway in case plans change..

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
It's tricky if this is a statement in an investor report. I'd expect a certain amount of fiscal responsibility in any statements in such a report

It's not in the report, and it was not said during the earnings call or the Q&A session. You can view a transcript here:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

The WSJ journalist claims that a Sony PR rep told him this information. When other journalists apparently messaged him on Twitter, he made this passive-aggressive tweet:

The same journalist also claimed in May last year that Sony said PS5 is 3 years away. Of course they never said anything like that. He was publicly called out by a journalist from Bloomberg:

Last edited:

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Would potentially make sense for Microsoft to launch first, especially if their console will be a lot more powerful. Launching first and having the strongest console should help as long as they've got the games to back it up.

Halo Infinite and a Forza title seem to be candidates for launch titles... not as strong as a Sony offer I believe

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I wish they released the PS5 in the first half of 2020. Still one year and a half to wait.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's not in the report, and it was not said during the earnings call or the Q&A session. You can view a transcript here:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

The WSJ journalist claims that a Sony PR rep told him this information. When other journalists apparently messaged him on Twitter, he made this passive-aggressive tweet:

The same journalist also claimed in May last year that Sony said PS5 is 3 years away. Of course they never said anything like that. He was publicly called out by a journalist from Bloomberg:

Bloody hell - why all the sites quoting that journo then?

I'm sticking with mar/april 2020 then

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018

Yes if any of this came out of fiscal results and conference calls off the back of them and you deliberately lie and deceive you've handed yourself a one-way ticket to jail.

Anyone still clinging on to 2019 is sniffing something.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Triple threat wrestling match between "team spring 2020", "team 2021" & "team tlou2 2020" for the "Not sure if serious" title belt

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I personally would have preferred a Spring 2020 release because Fall feels so far away, but still i'll take it.
I hope that by then they will have scheduled the first few initial years packed with games opposed to the PS4.

And its also a bummer that we public won't get to see any of it for a loooong time...

SamWilson

Alt account
Banned
Mar 14, 2019
Launch PS5 with a free copy of Horizon Zero Dawn, to go along hopefully with HZD2 as a launch or launch-window title.

Believe.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally I rather they give 6 months of PSNow with a massive PS1-PS4 library added to it with enhancements. HZD is dirt cheap.

They won't give out 6 months, 1-3 months at best if not just a 14 day trial.

They want you to activate a subscription on your own and giving you a limited trial is far more likely to get you to do that than giving you 6 months.