• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
you mean like that sly cooper movie that was announced 5 years ago and went radio silent

none of these things are coming out

It's easy to make this mistake, but that was 5 years ago. We have nowhave Uncharted and TLOU on the way. Seems to me like Sony is now taking this seriously.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
If I had to guess

God of War - Film
Horizon - Series
Either Bloodborne or Demon's Souls- Animated Series
Death Stranding- Series (Kojima would be all over this thing)
Either Killzone, Resistance, or Infamous- Series

At least 2 will be partnerships with HBO

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
What is sad hear is if you include what we know already.

Uncharted, TLOU, Sly Cooper (if it isn't canned) and Twisted Metal rumours, we don't have a lot left and most of that can just be filled with other realistic I.Ps.

Then there is the awful twist that some director is going to get it and want to make it "realistic" or set in the real world with guns and whatever.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
All but 2 of those are dead and Spider-Man isn't really their own franchise per se.

I mean come on, Stuart Little?
Active:
- Ghostbusters
- Jumanji
- Karate Kid
- Hotel Transylvania
- Bad Boys
- Peter Rabbit
- SPUMC (saying that it isn't their franchise is like saying The Wizarding World isn't Warner Bros or Transformers isn't a Paramount franchise. Technically true, but licensed properties still count)

Sony and Paramount both are weak on franchises worthy IP (compared to Disney and Warner Bros) but both are making attempts to rectify it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to choose based on popularity, current releases and value, I'd go for a Ratchet and Clank animated series that covers the entire games and comics up until Rift Apart.

Having the same animation/art style that TOEI did for the recent DB Super Broly movie:
maxresdefault.jpg

latest

dragon-ball-super-broly-v1-582447.jpg

dragon-ball-super-broly-v1-582457.jpg

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Active:
- Ghostbusters
- Jumanji
- Karate Kid
- Hotel Transylvania
- Bad Boys
- Peter Rabbit
- SPUMC (saying that it isn't their franchise is like saying The Wizarding World isn't Warner Bros or Transformers isn't a Paramount franchise. Technically true, but licensed properties still count)

Sony and Paramount both are weak on franchises worthy IP (compared to Disney and Warner Bros) but both are making attempts to rectify it.
Correct if I am wrong but isn't MiB also them?

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man if Twisted Metal is one of those movies/TV Shows... i hope they don't fuck it up. I want a Dark experience. Not just action packed. Alittle grounded, if possible. lol.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, all would be great shows and movies.

Sep 7, 2020
Horizon, Resistance, TLOU, and Killzone sound like easy pickems. They announced TLOU tv show was already in production so I wonder what the others are.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The Ratchet and Clank movie should have been under this instead of whatever the hell we ended up getting.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
TWD was huge once, TLoU is a huge franchise too and a critically acclaimed one to boot. It's gonna be big.
Big is relative though, right? Like TWD is big, but GoT was MASSIVE. Even though TLD had a large viewership it was never the zeitgeist that GoT was. I think it could be big, but won't be anything close to what GoT was. Comparing it to other HBO shows I'd say maybe something like Westworld? It sounds like it has a good team behind it, but I think a lot of people will swear it off just because it's another zombies show and it's based on a video game. All speculation of course and we will have to wait and see!

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
Looking it up, the Sly Cooper series was announced in 2017 and was to premier in 2019-2020. It's not out of the question that it's still around, but...I wouldn't count on it. Would be more optimistic about it if Sly was still a franchise that Sony seemed interested in.

Most likely the Ratchet movie's bomb stopped any future plans for R&C, Sly, and any similiar IP. Hence why we seem to be more aimed at Uncharted and Last of Us and the like.

I'm not surprised Sony is focusing on this though. They're fully-owned IPs with built-in fanbases. They're gonna cling to Spider-Man for as long as they can, but if they ever end up losing it, they need stuff to fall back on.
Them losing it would effectively be their choice.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Gof of War is definitely one. I do hope they don't ignore the Greek era.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
How many games have successfully transferred into film or TV series?

Throwing the dice at 10 seems a little bold...

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
As cool as a Gravity Rush anime series sounds, I don't expect them to greenlight a show for a dead and/or unsuccessful franchise. Same situation with Sly as I have a feeling that project have been canned.