• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
There are still a good number of games coming out, even if most are third party. There are still a few major releases Sony have lined up, that said I'm not surprised they'd wanna switch gears as their AAA games take a long ass time to make. GoW took 5 years. If they don't start working now, PS5 will be dry.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Beside Death Stranding and FF7R, I am very curious for Yakuza 7 and hopefully first gameplay for Babylon's Fall.

Should become a good TGS :)

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Makes sense, gearing up for the PS5 reveal/launch
personally, i dont see how does one affect the other.
how does not showing third party exclusives like yakuza 7, final fantasy 7 remake, nioh 2 (that one is funded by sony so technically first party), persona 5 royale etc. help them "gear up" for the playstation 5 reveal?
or alternatively, how does showing them in a TGS pre show hurts the next gen console reveal.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I was almost expecting some Ghost of Tsushima but an actual Death Stranding gameplay blowout will do for now.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
SIE games weren't even the main appeal at the pre-TGS shows. It was always the mid-tier Japanese games that got announced/revealed.

So it's ultimately a bit disappointing that they're skipping it this year.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
how does not showing third party exclusives like yakuza 7, final fantasy 7 remake, nioh 2 (that one is funded by sony so technically first party), persona 5 royale etc. help them "gear up" for the playstation 5 reveal?
or alternatively, how does showing them in a TGS pre show hurts the next gen console reveal.

Games like Yakuza 7, FF7R etc will be shown by their publishers.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I know Sony has published multiplat games in other countries.... but why wouldn't Activision publish COD themselves in Japan? It's not huge enough for there?

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Not sure why people seem to think PS5 is going to usher in an instant flood of amazing games. It's not. Like every gen start it's going to be slow with more misses than hits. PS4 right now is at it's peak, if nothing interests you in terms of it's current line-up and up coming releases in the next ~12months then it's highly unlikely anything launching on PS5 is going either and justify paying ~$500 on top of.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know Sony has published multiplat games in other countries.... but why wouldn't Activision publish COD themselves in Japan? It's not huge enough for there?
activision doesn't really publish anything in japan. the new crash games are published by sega there, for example. with XB1 being very small, it makes sense to just let sony handle the publishing for CoD there.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Man, Sony just bounced out of everything.

No psx show, e3 show, Gamescom show, now no tgs show.
Wouldn't be surprised if psx 2019 is a no show again.
Yeah Sony have been no goes at shows for so long and probably won't have one until the ps5 reveal in Feb/March. The hype is going to be through the roof however.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I've come to accept that we're not going to get Death Stranding gameplay until it's time for the reviews to come out.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
I really don't want to see anything more from Death Stranding. I especially don't want to see gameplay. Let me go in blind, Kojima.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I am pretty sure its at least partially funded, i might be wrong, correct me if you find something else.

But why not hold a sony conference to give those games more exposure? Judgement was revealed in sony's TGS pre show 2018.

Maybe because this year Sony has nothing new to announce.

And they don't wanted to make a show only for already known games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Aww, I wanted something batshit insane like the space-faring Dualshock 4 again.

They're going to have an absolutely insane blowout when they do finally open the floodgates. I'm just surprised they haven't revealed the Japan Studio PS4 game that the producer keeps hinting at :/

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
TGS shows are not about sonys first party titles anyway, its about showing third party japanese titles, and they have a ton of those coming.

Yeah, there are lots of very promising japanese 3rd party games coming and I also would like to see a show with all of them :)

But we will see new stuff from them at their TGS events.
Sadly no Granblue Relink because Cygames will have an december event like last year.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully we get a proper Death Stranding gameplay demo or segment. I don't just mean sliced together short snippets, but an actual comprehensive look.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Now guess which celebrity will be revealed this time.
I'm thinking Jerry Seinfeld or Patrick Duffy

Watch it be Conan and he'll be in the game like
giphy.gif

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Only interested in Nioh 2. I'd expect a release date to be announced and possibly a beta.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017

By comments before E3, it sounds like Sony feels there would be an expectation of new 1P announcements if they put on a conference of their own, and they don't want to drum up those expectations.

Sony spends a lot annually on marketing and co-marketing for third party and partner titles, so there is still the other normal supports for external titles.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Man, I know next gen is coming and all but it just feels so dead on PS4 right now. I remember buying the PS4 at launch and not even playing it until 2015 because the end of last gen had so many great titles to catch up on. Now it's the end of this gen and Sony is just trying to buy time for some reason. The Switch is the only thing keeping me playing video games right now and it's a shame because I loved some of the Sony exclusives this generation but with them skipping everything I guess they're building up for next gen now. I hope Death Stranding looks good for those of you interested in it though!
Their output hasn't slowed down any though. Do you really need shows to play new games? Their output next year alone will be one of their biggest.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Sony is going all in with State of Plays events.

We are supposed to be getting one more this year and I imagine PSX will be a no go in favor of a Fall / Winter, State Of Play.

All the Gigatons are being saved up for Playstation Meeting 2020.

One or Two more State of Plays > Playstation Meeting 2020 > Full console reveal on either at E3 or a Sony-hosted event during the week of E3.

I'm okay with that schedule.

Energising times ahead.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Makes sense, gearing up for the PS5 reveal/launch
Sony didn't cower in 2012 for the PS3, Xbox didn't drop out for the Xbox 360 or even this year for the Xbox One, even Nintendo barely hid during 2016 and when they did it was because there literally wasn't any Wii U games to talk about so they had an excuse. Sony doesn't have that problem especially with third parties. They're just cowering for some weird reason