• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Seems like no Pre-TGS show this time, but a big theater to showcase Death Stranding gameplay!

The PlayStation booth will offer playable demos of upcoming PlayStation 4 titles such as Nioh 2from Koei Tecmo, Final Fantasy VII Remake from Square Enix, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfarefrom Sony Interactive Entertainment (the publisher in Japan), as well as a mega-theater featuring gameplay footage of Death Stranding from Sony Interactive Entertainment. Additionally, Sony will host a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare special match featuring members of professional eSports teams on the "e-Sports X Blue Stage presented by PS4" on September 14.

The booth will also offer playable demos of upcoming PlayStation VR titles such as Space Channel 5 VR Kinda Funky News Flash! from Grounding and Marvel's Iron Man from Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Finally, Sony will host a series stage events dubbed "PlayStation Presents Live Show TGS 2019" over the course of Tokyo Game Show 2019, which will feature gameplay demonstrations of upcoming titles by the development staff. These stage events will be live streamed.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it will be Death Stranding gameplay, not Death Stranding "gameplay" like the last time.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Sony just bounced out of everything.

No psx show, e3 show, Gamescom show, now no tgs show.
Wouldn't be surprised if psx 2019 is a no show again.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Finally, Sony will host a series stage events dubbed "PlayStation Presents Live Show TGS 2019" over the course of Tokyo Game Show 2019, which will feature gameplay demonstrations of upcoming titles by the development staff. These stage events will be live streamed.
ghosts of tsushima plsssssssssssssssss

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Expected. They're getting ready for PS5.

Didn't expect it myself. Regardless of PS5, these events mainly showcase third-party software, and there's still quite a bit of upcoming stuff for PS4 in Japan, so I didn't think there wouldn't be a pre-show this year.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you interested in the game?

I'm curious to see what "unchained" Kojima can do, but I have not seen enough to know whether it's something I'd play yet. For full disclosure, I don't currently own a PS4, been looking for deals for a while and if not else I'll probably get a PS5 down the line since it has backwards compatibility.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Didn't expect it myself. Regardless of PS5, these events mainly showcase third-party software, and there's still quite a bit of upcoming stuff for PS4 in Japan, so I didn't think there wouldn't be a pre-show this year.

going by sony's move since late last year and this year, it's pretty evident that most of their major cards are being placed on the PS5 right now while the PS4 is relegated to 'business as usual' as to not rock the boat as it's still trucking along fine.

Don't expect any big new announcement from sony of any kind till next year.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Man, I know next gen is coming and all but it just feels so dead on PS4 right now. I remember buying the PS4 at launch and not even playing it until 2015 because the end of last gen had so many great titles to catch up on. Now it's the end of this gen and Sony is just trying to buy time for some reason. The Switch is the only thing keeping me playing video games right now and it's a shame because I loved some of the Sony exclusives this generation but with them skipping everything I guess they're building up for next gen now. I hope Death Stranding looks good for those of you interested in it though!

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
going by sony's move since late last year and this year, it's pretty evident that most of their major cards are being placed on the PS5 right now while the PS4 is relegated to 'business as usual' as to not rock the boat as it's still trucking along fine.

Don't expect any big new announcement from sony of any kind till next year.

Ehhhhh. I mean I guess, but tbh last year's TGS for Sony was incredible. Easily better than their E3, but it was mostly just packed with third party games. It's really weird that they've basically fucked off of even this event as well. Whatever they're doing with the PS5 better be fucking insane.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised if psx 2019 is a no show again.
it's a foregone conclusion there will be no psx 2019. It's a few days from september.

I went to PSX in 2015 and that was a december event. Already got my entry tickets and booked a flight by mid-july then.

There's no time for a 'fan' event with so little time in 2019 left.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm curious to see what "unchained" Kojima can do, but I have not seen enough to know whether it's something I'd play yet. For full disclosure, I don't currently own a PS4, been looking for deals for a while and if not else I'll probably get a PS5 down the line since it has backwards compatibility.

MGS V has problems, but the gameplay is praised by everyone so I think DS will be fine in that regard.

Oct 25, 2017
it's a foregone conclusion there will be no psx 2019. It's a few days from september.

I went to PSX in 2015 and that was a december event. Already got my entry tickets and booked a flight by mid-july then.

There's no time for a 'fan' event with so little time in 2019 left.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe one of the psx was announced pretty late. Like late September or something.

Edit: I was right, psx 2016.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
?? you do realized that almost every 3rd party game is coming to the PS4 right? Lack of 'shows' doesn't mean lack of games...
I do realize that, but I haven't really seen much released this year on PS4 that's really on par with the games released last year or even in 2017. Resident Evil 2 sticks out to me, but that's really it. Maybe it's just the types of games I play, idk, but the only thing left on PS4 that I'm super excited for is Ghost of Tsushima. That may be why I'm waiting for a show so badly because they've barely shown the game as of right now and I'd really love to know more

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is still quite a bit of upcoming stuff for PS4 in Japan, Europe and US ;) And they still skipped E3 etc. SIE will have some State of Play's until the PS Meeting hits for the PS5 reveal. I expected this when they announced the first State of Play.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe one of the psx was announced pretty late. Like late September or something.
i don't think they want another PSX event ala 2017 so if we are on the betting game and with many of their 'stuff' seemingly planned for next gen, my bet's definitely on the 'no psx' card this year.

But who's to know. Maybe the PS5 event is this december :P

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I know next gen is coming and all but it just feels so dead on PS4 right now. I remember buying the PS4 at launch and not even playing it until 2015 because the end of last gen had so many great titles to catch up on. Now it's the end of this gen and Sony is just trying to buy time for some reason. The Switch is the only thing keeping me playing video games right now and it's a shame because I loved some of the Sony exclusives this generation but with them skipping everything I guess they're building up for next gen now. I hope Death Stranding looks good for those of you interested in it though!

Eh what?

The PS4 is still getting:

- The Last of US 2 (AAA)
- Ghost of Tsushima (AAA)
- Death STranding (AAA)
- Dreams (AA+)
- Concrete Genie (AA)
- MediEvil (AA)
- Predator: Hunting Grounds (A)
- Wild (tba)
- Iron Man (VR)
- Shenmue III (console exclusive)
- Nioh 2 (console exclusive)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (first on Playstation 4)

This is just trying to buy some time? Some of the biggest Games of this whole Gen (TLoU2, FF7) are coming in the next 6-9 months on PS4.

And then the next gen starts in 14-15 months...

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
man this PS5 reveal better be the best thing since sex cause im growing insanly impatient

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not that surprising really. We won't see Sony on stage until the PS5 reveal, I thought that was pretty obvious by this point.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising at all, it was getting too close to the event. It's overall, as we expected, a very uneventful year for SIE's software schedule until the release of Death Stranding. Wouldn't expect a PSX either.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
man this PS5 reveal better be the best thing since sex cause im growing insanly impatient

patience_grasshopper.jpg

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Aa...TGS. I remember the day I went there 3 years in a row (2004,05,06) during my study in Tokyo.
Good times ^_^

WillySJ3

Oct 31, 2017
Eh what?

- The Last of US 2 (AAA)
- Death STranding (AAA)
- Dreams (AA+)
- Concrete Genie (AA)
- MediEvil (AA)
- Wild (tba)
- Iron Man (VR)

This is just trying to buy some time? Some of the biggest Games of this whole Gen (TLoU2, FF7) are coming in the next 6-9 months on PS4.

Excuse me??? That's a disrespect for Media Molecule. Dreams is a full AAA game, period.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not really surprising but still disappointing of course which is par for the course in 2019 really. Roll on 2020 at this point cause the only way is up surely.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Eh what?

- The Last of US 2 (AAA)
- Death STranding (AAA)
- Dreams (AA+)
- Concrete Genie (AA)
- MediEvil (AA)
- Wild (tba)
- Iron Man (VR)

and...

- Yakuza 7
- Granblue Fantasy Relink
- Genshin Impact
- Project Awakening
- Sakura Wars
- Babylon's Fall (maybe PS5)

I can deal with no TGS announcements xD

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Eh what?

- The Last of US 2 (AAA)
- Death STranding (AAA)
- Dreams (AA+)
- Concrete Genie (AA)
- MediEvil (AA)
- Wild (tba)
- Iron Man (VR)

It's cute that you think Wild is still coming out, let alone on the PS4.

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Sony doesn't have anything to show , only PS5

the rest is games we've seen enough footage of

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Last year's conference was pretty good, even if it ended on a damp squib with Everybody's Golf VR. I kinda expected Japan to ignore what the other regions/departments were doing and have another show, but I guess Sony as a whole is adamant to go all in on the PS5 event.

It better melt my face off is all I'm saying.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I'm not interested in a single one of these games haha

Anyone know whats happened to Ghosts of Tsushima?

And i know its not Sony but hopefully Elden Ring turns up somewhere