• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Uh, number 3 sure isn't a problem exclusive to Xbox. Hell, plenty of their games can be started just buy downloading a couple gigs of the game.

I bought Greedfall for Xbox physical - it made me first update the Xbox hardware and then made me completely update the game before I could run it. It was frustrating and I haven't had that issue on other systems.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Less Western focus, actual exclusives. If it's on the PC too, it's not an exclusive.

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
Come out with more and better exclusives. Put out good games and I will follow.

I'd love to see some killer VR support as well.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Honestly nothing. I barely have enough time to play all the games on PS4. Add to that the Live subscription fees, and it's an automatic pass going forward.

And as I'm an Apple guy, PC is out too.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. If they are the only major console publisher left, I'll stop buying consoles and play on PC exclusively. And by PC I mean NOT Windows Store. And by NOT Windows Store I meant I won't be subscribing to Gamepass or whatever.

PC =/= Xbox. Whatever assertion you have is just plain silly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I bought Greedfall for Xbox physical - it made me first update the Xbox hardware and then made me completely update the game before I could run it. It was frustrating and I haven't had that issue on other systems.
Out of curiosity, do you turn your xbox on often? To connect to the internet, I'm fairly certain all 3 consoles need to be updated to the latest update (though will have to double check this).
Updating the game has nothing to do with Xbox though.
Less Western focus, actual exclusives. If it's on the PC too, it's not an exclusive.
I mean is the experience any less if others are able to play it on a different Xbox Platform? Can't say I really understand this mentality, especially if you have a gaming PC.
Surely you don't mean PC in that "anywhere", right?

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Nothing really.

They'd have to get all my friends to move over and that just ain't happening.

Even with Sony's colossal screwups with the PS3 it didn't happen, and it certainly won't happen now that everyone's embedded in the ecosystem.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

The question was what was needed for you to get into their platform. If PC is an option for you, that you already use. (Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Pass for PC, etc.) then you are in their ecosystem.

Asking for exclusives is weird. Why would we want such an anti-consumer thing to happen?

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Already have a PC and play Microsoft's releases here and there, but honestly I'd REALLY like them to make more interesting games. I'm not sure what it's been about their output, but it just hasn't really grabbed me most of the time. Very excited for the PC release of the Master Chief collection and eventually playing Halo Infinite.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. I've disliked the Xbox and everything surrounding it since day one. The games, the marketing, the whole thing is 100% unappealing to me.

Oct 26, 2017
I already do and it's mainly to play with my friends. I don't see any of them getting an Xbox or any gaming system next gen so there goes my motivation to pick up an Xbox Scarlett. Of course, if Microsoft pumps out some exclusives that catch my eye, I'd be more than willing to get one

Oct 31, 2017
They would have to give me one for free. I have a good gaming PC, I have no need for an Xbox.

BTW, PC is certainly not part of the Xbox platform, I don't know who told you it was.

OP
OP
Splader

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Nothing. Stop asking, It looks desperate.
Speak for yourself (which, I suppose, you are doing).
We've gotten some pretty solid replies in this thread, imo, and some I didn't really expect. I do apologize if I came out as desperate, though I'm not really sure what I'd be desperate of.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
👉🏻 Exclusives on the quality and caliber of God Of War, Last Of Us, Uncharted and Horizon. (Wether it be TPS, or FPS, whatever form it takes write me down for it).

👉🏻 A diversified exclusive library to give me options, keep me engaged and keep me coming back to the platform. Sony did this (and made it look easy at that) by branching out of their usual preferred Third Person, AAA Cinematic flavor, to offer very special gems like Bloodborne, The Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, Astrobot, MediEvil, Shadow of the Colossus, Journey PS4, Gravity Rush 2, Dreams, etc. A Successfu, Genre-flexible platform that ellicits me to try out the other exclusive content that's within that platform to...not only expand my current existing library of games...to also keep me locked on that ecosystem.

👉🏻 A consistent effort on content output through a generation. Keep the content coming. Another effort made by Sony that was made to look easy by them. PS4 is Content King & closing this generation with;

- TLOU2
- FF7
- Dreams
- Ghost of Tsuchima
- Ironman
- MLB 2020: The Show

Each exclusive was announced 1 to 2 years in advance in order to keep the userbase on the know and what to watch out for. I feel like this specific type of detailed communication has been missing from Xbox. There's only 1 exclusive that I know for Xbox One and that's Halo Infinite, which may or may not be an Xbox One exclusive (it's alluded to be made for Scarlett). Aside from that, nothing of interest is seen in the horizon for Xbox in 2020.

🤲🏻 TLDR; Exclusive Content, fam. I've never in my 28 years of life have owned an Xbox console. If Microsoft goes full throttle on over-flowing exclusive content, consistent exclusive content output, I will purchase a Console and buy the shit you got for me.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great exclusive big budget single player games.

Not interested in MS's microtransaction and MP focused big games.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
I don't think they even can tbh. Unless Scarlett is somehow 19 RDNA TFLOPS and has an i9 CPU there's nothing to sell me on an Xbox...maybe flight simulator but I'm building a PC soon so don't really need an Xbox to play it

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm almost afraid that ship has sailed because I most likely won't ever buy two consoles as similar as XBox and Playstation are in one generation again. Too little time, too many games already. It would take some extraordinary games.

Aug 12, 2019
I already bought a Xbox One (after PS4) at the beginning of this generation, but I'm doubting if I'll end up buying Scarlet at this generation of Xbox One titles. I don't hate the Xbox One, but I find its user interface clunky and reminiscent of Windows 10, which I hate as a OS, and it just hasn't impressed me exclusive wise. Forza Horizon and Gears of War have generally remained consistently great, but neither are must play series for me at this point. Halo was the reason I kept buying into Xbox, but Halo 5 just severely disappointed me and that's after 4 was also somewhat disappointing. The campaign in 5 just killed me hype for the series and the system, and the single biggest thing Microsoft can do to get me back on board is make a genuinely amazing Halo game free of bullshit (microtransactions and unbalanced abilities mainly).

They've acquired some great studios, but I need to see them do something with them before I'm on board. Microsoft had lots of promising stuff at the start of this generation that either ended up multiplatform or mediocre, so i need to see quality exclusives if they can' t deliver me a better Halo title. And not just stuff like Cuphead and Ori that are the best the system has to offer, only to end on Nintendo's console a couple years later (seriously, such an amazing win for Nintendo, but it killed Microsoft's exclusivity even further).

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
The question was what was needed for you to get into their platform. If PC is an option for you, that you already use. (Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Pass for PC, etc.) then you are in their ecosystem.

Asking for exclusives is weird. Why would we want such an anti-consumer thing to happen?
I don't use their store nor Gamepass. If it's not on Steam it's likely a hard sell to begin with. All the consoles do exclusives, but only Nintendo tends to do it in a way to justify it. Generally they're IPs fully owned by the company which will make sense. EGS's way of buying 3rd party exclusives I consider anti-consumer

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Exclusives i really care to play. Last gen xbox did a much better job with they 1st party and exclusive games, even got some good japanese games. Dunno what happened this gen, but all the new IPs they tried fell flat. And the game that looked more interesting to me, ended up being canceled. Next gen with all the aquisitions they might get me to buy some of they 1st party games for PC.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
They've pretty much already done it, I'm just waiting to see how it pans out. It would be nice if they really could get Japanese support but I already have a PC and a Switch so I can get my fix elsewhere.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
So, what does MS have to offer for you to use GP for PC or the MS Store for example?
See my first reply. I guess if they actually make things better than Steam over a long enough period of time that would be an incentive.

It's the same issue with stuff like streaming and Netflix. I'm unlikely to swap out from Netflix or pay for the extra subscription because they were the first mover.

MS also has the whole GFWL failure that I consider a serious mark against them.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I built a PC mostly to get into the Xbox ecosystem and PC gaming in general. Fortunately the new AMD Ryzen chips come with free Game Pass :)

So overall, I guess to keep me on the platform is to:

1. Keep improving the Xbox app

2. Continue to bring their 1st party titles and crossplay so I can play with the few friends I have left on Xbox consoles.

3. Halo Infinite must be amazing.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
My last Xbox console was the 360. Played on it a lot. Was a great system. Now that I'm older I don't have the time for multiple systems and I'm certainly not paying for two online services. If there's something I want to play from MS (which there really hasn't been this entire gen) I'll play it on PC. Maybe a truly console exclusive L4D3 but I really can't see myself buying a system for one game. Not anymore.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Exactly, and in that sense, Xbox can't do anything for me. I'm not fussed about it though. The less hardware I want to buy, the better. I wish I would stop buying Playstations and just be a Nintendo man, but they always have something eventually that makes me pull out my wallet.