• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
sony-724850.jpg
Oof.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Bring back faceplates.

(But yeah, I'd prefer a not-boring-old-black console.)

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Agreed. Sadly I will not have the restraint to hold out for white as I did for the Xbox this gen.

For PlayStation I still have an affinity for silver, if the design fits. Silver PS2 slim was so nice.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I legit rebought a PS4 Pro with Destiny 2, a game I don't even care about, just because I wanted the white console. I really only care because it matches better w/my entertainment center.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Please no, white electronics eventually become piss yellow or doo doo brown, even if they're taken care of...

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Every PlayStation since the PS2 has looked much better in white, same goes for the Xbox One.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
If there should be any variants, They should have a Steel Black. It's a nice balance and I feel it's always the most sold controller colour where I live.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
My white xbox one that came with sunset overdrive is a lovely looking piece of kit, the only white console i've had and i'd totally buy a white ps5.
Don't know why they don't offer more colour variants really.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Fortunately controllers will be backwards compatible so we have that. But yes, white variants would be awesome. I think they aren't created not only because of production but also because of marketing/messaging (Xbox S is a new model and white, etc..)

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Then how will they get you to buy their consoles again when Destiny 3 comes out with an exclusive white console? Give me translucent blue instead though

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Aesthetically speaking.... Xbox One S >>> Xbox One X.

I even paid 50€ more to have this beauty:

3401938.jpg

Also this.

sony-computer-entertainment-playstation-10-year-anniversary-passion-print-53722-preview-adeevee.jpg

"10 years of passion"

Jesus' passion didn't last 10 years
the playstation brand was 10 year old at the time of that ad.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure you can get a D Brand skin in whatever color you want when the consoles release.

Not that I don't sympathize, I have a white PS4 Pro and I like it a lot.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Releasing a new line of hardware is a massive underaking with immense logistical nightmare. They already struggle with supply and different regions, so adding extra bundles and/or console variants kinda falls in the priority list.

Still it would be nice if they got more visual variants of the console around the launch window

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take "Logistics nightmare during an already stressed production time" for $500, Alex.

As much as I love white electronics, this ain't happening.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I liked white electronics until I looked at my shelves and see that literally every device on it is black or gray (PS3, 360, Wii U, PS4, XB1, Switch, Vita, 3DS). LOL

Previous generations were different though.

TBH, if the XSX had come in basically the same shell as the 1X, color and all, with just minor differences, I'd be fine with that.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
But everyone knows that white consoles are for dirty casuals! You want them to scare away their super serious hardcore gamer buyers?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'll take "Logistics nightmare during an already stressed production time" for $500, Alex.

As much as I love white electronics, this ain't happening.

Ayup.

At this point, we'd be lucky if they had anywhere near adequate stock with even one SKU.

And if they did want to produce multiple SKUs, I think adding a larger SSD option to boost their margins would be more likely than adding a second color.

They can release it a year later to get a second wave of headlines and help keep the product fresh, just like how Nintendo usually avoids releasing all their product colors at launch.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, love white consoles. Wish I didn't sell my white XB1X last year because it looked amazing next to my white PS4 Pro. :(

PS here's my white Vita <3

poQoy4G.png

Bx3MNKj.png

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
do we know if the white 360s get discolored like SNES and Dreamcasts of the past?
I preferred white consoles but stopped buying them cause of that (I didn't get a 360 until the Elite, not that potential discoloration was the reason why).

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes please. If it's not white, I literally can't have it in my main living room, where everything is white