• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I ain't asking for much, but I would really like it if we got both a PlayStation 5 and a Sexbox at launch in white. Seems we get it a year or two into the cycle, but I'd really like white boxes on day one. Somethin' about them is just so clean, and I'd really like having all my systems white heading into next gen. That's all. That's all I really want.

Bonus points if Microsoft makes a phantom white Sexbox like they did with the Xbox One controller. Thing looks great.
YPzE6zO.png

mmmmhm

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Racist Trolling; Long History of Infractions for Trolling
south africa in the 1960s be like

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I guess launch is the worst timing to have stock issues because one colour was popular and one wasn't. So I understand why they keep it simple until, say, the first revision later. You don't want consumers coming into stores and walking away without a purchase because the only console in stock was a colour they don't want.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we were past the "Sexbox" thing like 5 minutes after the name reveal when the joke wore thin.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I ain't asking for much, but I would really like it if we got both a PlayStation 5 and a Sexbox at launch in white. Seems we get it a year or two into the cycle, but I'd really like white boxes on day one. Somethin' about them is just so clean, and I'd really like having all my systems white heading into next gen. That's all. That's all I really want.

Bonus points if Microsoft makes a phantom white Sexbox like they did with the Xbox One controller. Thing looks great.
YPzE6zO.png

mmmmhm

Why are you asking for a white PlayStation 5 variant? You haven't even seen PS5, the default color could be white for all you know.

Just in case the default color is white, I want to go on record and ask for a black variant.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Why are you asking for a white PlayStation 5 variant? You haven't even seen PS5, the default color could be white for all you know.

Just in case the default color is white, I want to go on record and ask for a black variant.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Cause you and I both know it aint gonna be white.
but i would be pleasantly surprised if it was.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
No, they want you to buy more than 1 console of course.

You want a white one, exercise some self control and wait

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Nah they will just give them to employees because lol why not.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a white console since the Wii now that I think about it. All the ones since have been black. Could do with another white one i suppose.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Said it a few times, the Xbox Customer controller Lab needs to be for consoles as well. I would pay extra to be able to custom design my Series X.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. I always buy white hardware whenever possible, and only having black as an option is a deterrent to buying one.
With AV gear, which I already try to hide away as much as possible, the availability of white/piano white or silver (if metal) finishes have been the determining factor in what I buy.
I selected a different projector, speakers, and subwoofer than I was originally planning to, because these ones were available in white.

I still can't believe everyone responsible for this thought this would be okay. Sheesh
It's not a problem because Europe doesn't have racism. /s

https://web.archive.org/web/20060707121133/http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=18101 said:
According to the spokesperson, "All of the 100 or so images created for the campaign have been designed to show this contrast in colours of the PSPs, and have no other message or purpose."
See: there is no hidden message behind the ads.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gimme Midnight Green.

I got the white OG PS4 and loved that thing to bits. Eventually replaced it with a black Pro and I still miss that sexy white controller.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder why they dont actually. Does launching the white recolor later boost sales by that much? Or maybe there would be problems manufacturing two variants of the same console for a simultaneous launch?

SilentFlyer

Oct 26, 2017
I would love white console. I find white really graceful. But I highly doubt they will release at launch. They are going to wait to bundle it with some game and release at higher price point sometimes later.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Same here OP. This gen I sold my original boxes and specifically waited for the white PS4 Pro and white Xbone X which I'm happy I did. That being said, keeping the launch color to only black makes sense from a cost and logistics perspective.

Next-gen, I would like white but hopefully they'll come out with some cool special editions (Spider-Man PS4, God of War PS4, etc).