• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
IWZeb6g.gif

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats everyone, Spider-Man is back in the MCU.
I hope you you all can patch up you wounds, say sorry to one another and remain friends the next time Sony/Disney decide to break up again.

7w5blky4v4s21.gif

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
So I assume the plan is to use Spidey in MCU outside of Spiderman 3* that will be made, so they can establish Spidey saying "bye gang, I got a life now", and poochie can stop dying on his way to the moon.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It felt like they were just using the public response as part of the negotiations and that it wasn't really set in stone. Then again, nothing is set in stone.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this means they'll change the dates on any of the other MCU movies. I could see Dr. Strange becoming the Nov. movie and Thor 4 slipping into 2022.

I'm also so curious what the other movie that Spidey is appearing in will be. Young Avengers feat. Ms Marvel?

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
The 2021 release is the big deal maker here. All of Sony's comments have been about how Feige has too much on his plate with all the new properties, the subtext being that they can't wait around for him to introduce a billion other marvel characters when Sony's lively hood rests on the Spider-man franchise.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The fact this deal is way, way smaller than the last one (just one more Spider-Man and one more MCU appearance) has me wary. I guess we'll see how Sony's solo outings look in 2-3 years and wonder if they'll try and make another move.

Curious what the final deal looks like.
I think this is the best cast, they will do short term deals. That way no one has long term plans thrown into the garbage.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Sony knew they were in a good position, glad they were able to make a deal though.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Expected. I didn't think either side would really want to end it, at least not right now. Glad they could work something out.

Hmmm... So Sony and Disney agreed to put Spidey in 2 more movies, 1 main Spider-man movie, and 1 MCU movie. I guess they can always negotiate again after those 2 movies for for more.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the best cast, they will do short term deals. That way no one has long term plans thrown into the garbage.

The fact they ended FFH on a huge cliffhanger without having this all locked in was crazy. I'm hoping they learned their lesson there at least!

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's back!!... again!!

Based on Feige's statement it sounds like both the MCU and Venomverse will be able to use Holland's Spider-Man, but the rest of those universes will be kept separate.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Updated Phase 4 schedule:
  • May 1, 2020: Black Widow
  • Fall 2020: The Falcon and Winter Soldier
  • Nov. 6, 2020: The Eternals movie
  • Feb. 12, 2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  • July 16, 2021: Spider-Man 3
  • Nov. 5, 2021: Thor 4: Love and Thunder
Ill be in my 40's before I see another black panther movie. Ughhhh

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The fact they ended FFH on a huge cliffhanger without having this all locked in was crazy. I'm hoping they learned their lesson there at least!
Well Marvel movies are kinda on a 3 movie arc. It was wishful thinking on their part, they just got caught slipping. I am sure this next movie will wrap up his story but leave it open for farther stuff

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

MCU fans getting their PS4 out of the trash.

Glad it's not ending on a cliffhanger. Looks like Venom 2 won't be re-written to incorporate Spider-Man.

I wonder if it'll end allowing them to do a time skip with a new actor. Or give us Ben Reilly that Sony can use in their universe. Does Feige contribute to Venom 2? Wish the details were revealed.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Thank god. Let marvel finish the trilogy, and have him appear in Fantastic Four. Sounds like he may still be in Venom too. They can renegotiate future films when the time comes.