• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Worked for me in canada.

It said "something went wrong" on the serial, tried again, it worked.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Sony is not answering the phone they said.

The chat crapped out and now they say I already chatted with them so I have to wait.

WTF Sony, what shitty customer service.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
ok, so I took people's advise and just reloaded after each failure and I was finally able to input my address and confirm.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
When I received the error, I reloaded the page, reinserted the code and tried again until it worked. Thank you CRIMSON-XIII and everyone in this thread for bringing it to my attention!
Yup, no worry.

If anyone is having issues, just refresh or keep trying, even in the upcoming days. They will not run out of this product. Ones order will eventually be accounted for. Keep refreshing folks. Mine took 5-10 refreshes or attempts on the mobile entry. With the USA and Canada showing up in the addresses.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Just tried it about 10 times and finally got through. I wasted far too much of my time on trying to get this last night.

Now to wait for the email.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Sony is not answering the phone they said.

The chat crapped out and now they say I already chatted with them so I have to wait.

WTF Sony, what shitty customer service.
Don't bother with that phone. That's not a real error message. You're only seeing it because the site is crapping out. Everyone's getting that same message, and you just have to keep trying, or try later.
Use this link if you are in the US: https://global.support.playstation.com/s/pscamera-adaptor?language=en_US
That's the one that let's you select the country, but with the above URL, the US is preselected.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got mail ? I did it. No it says if I try again than my serial has already been registered. But didn't get any mail

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is still broken for me. Even with dozens of refreshes, I still get the "Oops! Something went wrong" error. I've tested on various browsers, on both desktop and mobile.

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
I submitted for both of my PSVR units today. Took quite a few retries but it seems to have worked. Hopefully requesting multiple (but one per serial number) doesn't cause an issue.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
OH!

After trying the first link in OP again (which doesn't support my region), when I subsequently followed the Global link again and gave it another try, it let me through. I've now put in the request, and the email arrived pretty much right away. It might have been a total fluke, but it's worth trying the "wrong" link first, then going back to the one that supports your region.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what kind of jank is going on in the backend causing these errors. Judging by the URL it's clearly a salesforce community.

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
I'm not able to get this site to work for the life of me, and their chat doesn't seem to work + they don't pick up the phone. Fucking Sony, man.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
When I initially got the error I deleted like two or three characters from the end of my serial and then retyped them and it went through. Not sure if it did anything or just timing between other people trying to go through too. So that's another thing to try in addition to refreshing.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
When I initially got the error I deleted like two or three characters from the end of my serial and then retyped them and it went through. Not sure if it did anything or just timing between other people trying to go through too. So that's another thing to try in addition to refreshing.

Fuck, that actually worked. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind submit button isn't working.
Edit: Finally!

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So those with just PS4 camera won't be able to get the adapter for free unelss they own the full PSVR set since they have to send the PSVR serial to Sony and not the PS Camera? What about the games that supported PS Camera and streaming? there are some games that have amazing head tracking features like Alien Isolation and War thunder. Do PS4 camera only owners need to get either a full PS VR or the new PS5 camera to be able to stream on PS5 or play those PS Camera games on PS5 instead of profiting from such offers for free?

OP
OP
Thiago

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So those with just PS4 camera won't be able to get the adapter for free unelss they own the full PSVR set since they have to send the PSVR serial to Sony and not the PS Camera? What about the games that supported PS Camera and streaming? there are some games that have amazing head tracking features like Alien Isolation and War thunder. Do PS4 camera only owners need to get either a full PS VR or the new PS5 camera to be able to stream on PS5 or play those PS Camera games on PS5 instead of profiting from such offers for free?
You can request it via PlayStation Support.

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
Finally got in earlier today, ordered one and got the confirmation email. Glad to get that out of the way.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
lol I still can't get this shit to work and am probably just going to give up tbh. It's so dumb.