• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
The credible leaks are already beginning to paint a picture as the PS5 having very high clock speeds on its chips. This seems to back that up.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
c8d3434e0fe10266f7a8f22748c63ad6737eecec_00.gif

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Antagonising another member, continued history of console wars
We need the balance because of gamepass.
the salt from you in any positive PS thread lol its not that serious .you already made few salty comment like PS is loud and stuff yet you keep coming back .cant help yourself i guess haha let it go man

OT: this is non news as it could mean anything and its an ad for a job not the slogan for the next PS lol

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fastest console for the week that it is on the market, before the competition arrives?

/s

Seriously though, I would be surprised if Sony hasn't secured the fastest chips from AMD. Having such a monumental lead this generation would allow for a generally better bargaining rights from them etc. I would imagine anyway?

I don't think they will let microsoft have the better console, or if MS are ina position to secure that at a similar price point. No idea though.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think the X is the best console hardware from the design, to the build and the specs packed in that small form factor but I was speaking on the surface team in general. They are the best in the industry right now(besting even apple).

I've literally never heard of anyone who said the bolded. Not going to count Microsoft fanboys of course.

Do you seriously think the surface computers are so special that it's unemulatable by anyone else in the CE industry?

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yea, they leading the pack right now. Show me a surface studio equivalent
Mhh, that's a tough one. Some Surface devices just don't have counter parts on the market so that's not really a comparison. When it comes to actual power then they are not doing something completely out of the world with their devices. But in the end they are specifically well made in terms of design, cooling, weight and being quite original in market placement, albeit quite expensive.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
"Get ready to play on the world's only console that makes you FEEL like Spiderman!" should be their next marketing slogan.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am surprised they haven't gone with the worlds most powerful console again...it's an interesting choice of words.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Unless they'are admitting corporate espionage they mean fastest Sony console.
This is actually true. If you live in my country, you will understand this. If you have a claim like this, you can get sued literally for espionage even though there is no proof of you doing that.

Claiming something as most superior can get you into trouble because you have to prove that others are not as superior as your product is. If you can prove it that way, it means there is a high risk you can get sued for espionage

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
Yea that surely worked for the pro well didn't it
It launched a year earlier at $100 less. In general that already makes it less likely to be faster. Add in the fact that they already were the market leader by far and MS had to give it their all to win back some market share.

The size / performance ratio of the PS4 Pro (and the loudness) were disappointing though.
I am surprised they haven't gone with the worlds most powerful console again...it's an interesting choice of words.
It's a job ad, I wouldn't expect them to think too much about the wording compared to how companies do that in ads or marketing.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you actually have an interest in applying to Sony or did you want to look up job postings just to find out details as lame as this to make a thread on? I'm going with the latter because lmao

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They did not only beat them in terms of specs but this has been discussed and intentionally ignored to death already.

How do you 'beat' something when releasing a year later for a higher price? The only comparison you can make is when you go head to head. It's no use comparing them in 'which was better made' when there is such a big time and budget difference.

I'm ignoring it because it is pointless to discuss. Xbox One X is a phenominal product, but that will not matter in the upcoming next-gen releases. If Scarlett proves a lot better in every way possible than PS5, then we can make comparisons.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How do you 'beat' something when releasing a year later for a higher price? The only comparison you can make is when you go head to head. It's no use comparing them in 'which was better made' when there is such a big time and budget difference.
he ,himself, continuously ignores that higher price means better cooling system which means higher clocks and yet more silent . that one item alone does that .

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I'm ignoring it because it is pointless to discuss. Xbox One X is a phenominal product, but that will not matter in the upcoming next-gen releases. If Scarlett proves a lot better in every way possible than PS5, then we can make comparisons.
I used the term that the poster I replied to used.
The Pro and the X might look similar but both were made differently, specced differently and thus also differently positioned on the market.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
One of them goes to AMD with a budget of X, the other goes to AMD with a budget of X+Y.
The latter will have a more powerful console.

Just from a design perspective. Noise of fans etc. I wasn't purely referencing CPU power. I expect the specs of each system to be very similar.

I'll be getting the PS5 and not the Xbox no matter what because I have a high end PC. So I hope PS5 is up to scratch. Just don't buy into anything quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.