• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I just got this email from PlayStation confirming this

I still wonder why they're dumping apps/themes/avatars too, I mean you can change your avatar to ones you've purchased online so it's not like there's anything you need a PS4 for with them
probably to declutter but they should have just put a default filter to show only games first

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I'm soooooo glad I downloaded all my PSN content for Vita and PS3 last month.
The webstore and PSDLE was a huge help in cataloguing all of it.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I wonder if this means Sony will join the future and we'll finally be able to gift games to friends.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
That email is really enlightening, considering it implies that you can still buy PSP games from a PSP, when you can't. I just don't know what's up on the PSN side of things between this and the recent party changes...

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Off topic but I just pulled out a PSP and its saying the security settings on my WIFI are not compatible, and I don't see a way to change it. Is the PSP straight up not compatible with modern security features? Is there any way to get it online with my current WIFI?

Oct 27, 2017
Off topic but I just pulled out a PSP and its saying the security settings on my WIFI are not compatible, and I don't see a way to change it. Is the PSP straight up not compatible with modern security features? Is there any way to get it online with my current WIFI?
You might need an older router cause the new ones are not compatible.

Not sure if you can connect both though.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
It's honestly disgraceful of Sony to inform customers of this just days before it goes into effect.

Yup. Looks like six days notice was the final count.

Thanks to this thread, I'm about 90% done backing up my PS3 content, as well as 100% done with my PSP content but I've been working on that for months anyway. Still have to back up Vita but I'm semi-okay doing that via the native store since I'd just be doing Vita titles.

If Wikipedia is accurate, they gave one month's notice before closing the PSP store on the console. Based on that and this announcement, I have little faith that the eventual permanent closure of the PS3/PSP/Vita store will be any better.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
It needs to use WEP security which is old, cracked, and very unsafe.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
That email is really enlightening, considering it implies that you can still buy PSP games from a PSP, when you can't. I just don't know what's up on the PSN side of things between this and the recent party changes...

you *kinda* can buy from psp still, but you have to use the search bar and have funds in your account already. At least I was able to find items that way like castlevania chronicles

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I just really don't understand this change at all. How does it make ANY sense? Why remove the wish list? I'm now going to be way less likely to buy any of that content as I'll have to search up every game individually to see if they are on sale.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Are they actually removing the wish list? I read it as the items on your current wish list won't transfer over, but that the functionality will still be there.

Jan 11, 2018
I would assume the updated store has a wishlist feature as well, just that it's not compatible with the current one. Otherwise, simply removing the option to have one at all is downright stupid.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Are they actually removing the wish list? I read it as the items on your current wish list won't transfer over, but that the functionality will still be there.

"The Wishlist feature will be discontinued and any items currently on "Your Wishlist" will be removed."

While the wording is confusing, like of course if it's discontinued your items will be "removed" but saying the feature is discontinued certainly seems like it's being removed. I just don't see any benefit to removing all this stuff from the PSN webstore.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing we're rushing headlong into an all-digital media landscape wherein our ability to continue purchasing older content or enjoying content we paid for rests on the will of distributors to continue allowing us to download it, because there will no longer be a secondary market.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Well fuck Sony and fuck the people who decided to get rid of the wishlist. Fucking disgraceful when even Nintendo has a wishlist on their store!

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I really think they're starting over with the wishlist, not getting rid of it entirely. Let's be honest, that existing wishlist is rubbish, and while it's frustrating you may have to re-add stuff to it -- well, let's hope they do it properly this time.

Res-bot

Nov 11, 2017
I really think they're starting over with the wishlist, not getting rid of it entirely. Let's be honest, that existing wishlist is rubbish, and while it's frustrating you may have to re-add stuff to it -- well, let's hope they do it properly this time.
Yeah I always found it unusual that the current wishlist doesn't appear when using the store app on the PS4 console. Hopefully if it comes back in some form it's uniform across web, mobile app and consoles.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
People are actually getting angry about the wishlist? They are obviously just bringing in a new system.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is super confusing.

The email says changes go into effect October 21 to 26 on desktop, and October 28 on mobile.

The PlayStation Support website says changes go into effect (all around?) on October 19: https://support.playstation.com/s/a...ion-apps-features-and-services?language=en_US

The email says you can buy PSP content on PSP, but PlayStation Store on PSP doesn't work.

I reached out to SIE PR, but they never answer my emails.

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
why would they take away my wishlist it's like they don't want me to remember what games i need to buy...

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is super confusing.

The email says changes go into effect October 21 to 26 on desktop, and October 28 on mobile.

The PlayStation Support website says changes go into effect (all around?) on October 19: https://support.playstation.com/s/a...ion-apps-features-and-services?language=en_US

The email says you can buy PSP content on PSP, but PlayStation Store on PSP doesn't work.

It's possible that the issues with the 8.0 update delayed the Store rollout and they just forgot to update that page, I guess.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is an absolute joke in the modern digital age and one of the most anti consumer things Sony has ever done. Microsoft, Steam and Gog are the only digital game services that have proven you can trust them long term as this point.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
This is super confusing.

I read that article and it's like:
  • PS3 is almost dead
  • PSP and Vita are dead
  • Communities and Events are dead, use a Party instead
I guess they are making the PS4 the baseline for the PS ecosystem from now on.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how PSDlE queue works? I've got stuff in there but it's not queueing onto my PS3...

Btw the download list in both PS3 store and the accounts management version is unusable for me, there's no way to filter and with over 3000 items it would be impossible to find something easily.

ps3ud0 8)

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how PSDlE queue works? I've got stuff in there but it's not queueing onto my PS3...

Btw the download list in both PS3 store and the accounts management version is unusable for me, there's no way to filter and with over 3000 items it would be impossible to find something easily.

ps3ud0 8)
Is your PS3 on?

Add the games to the queue and then turn on the PS3 after 10 minutes or so. This should work.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I agree, and it probally will work with their store integration and even give you nudges to say hey that game on your list dropped in price you might want to get it, or use it to suggest other games you might like.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
It's possible that the issues with the 8.0 update delayed the Store rollout and they just forgot to update that page, I guess.

Yeah. The 21st is the more recent communique, and also the only one that was sent to consumers/users in general (since the original 19th announcement was just to devs). I would assume they delayed it a bit for whatever reason.

(That being said, from a personal standpoint if there's anything significant I still want to do with the web store, I'm sure as shit doing it before the 19th)

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good luck.

If you need help just ask.
Thanks for the help earlier - found out the issue was that somehow as I had put a new HDD and restored my PS3 I still had to activate it for game/video. Without that it wasn't talking to the webstore and picking up downloads...

PSDLE has been a godsend especially for delisted stuff.

This experience though has questioned if I should keep giving money to Sony. I don't really care about BC beyond game preservation, but the lack of notice and the massively reduced accessibility of games on their purchased platform really makes me think Sony don't have a clue...

ps3ud0 8)

Last edited:

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Theory: the new store will be a unified global store rather than the patchwork of regional stores we have currently. This would go some way to explain some of the changes. PS3 and Vita content libraries are too different across the regions to integrate nicely today so they will keep the old stores up for those consoles but not the web versions.

PS4 content has always been more closely aligned between regions, apart from avatars and themes which had different policies in different regions, this is why they're not being carried forward to the new store (because it's not worth the cost of integrating).

There will probably be a new wishlist feature on the new store which also appears on the PS5 as well (not just the web), but they're not transferring old wishlists across from the different regions.

The great thing about a global store is it will enable them to implement features such as gifting, which would have been too messy to do with the old regional system.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'd rather keep a PS3/Vita section and continue to have sales for 'em, than getting gifting and whatever else. But that's me, and I'm probably alone in that. This has kind of soured me on PlayStation a bit honestly, and I know that's probably kind of silly.

Don't have the storage to backup my Vita/PS3 games right now, but hopefully they give decent amount of time for us to do something about it when the time actually comes. I'll download the hard way if I must. Bought a few PS3/Vita games I should of bought last year for 1/3 of the price... lol

Jan 10, 2019
I don't understand their reasoning behind getting rid of the wishlist, at all. It's so handy to keep track of what I want to buy and to scan whenever there's a sale. What's the alternative, Sony?

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I don't understand their reasoning behind getting rid of the wishlist, at all. It's so handy to keep track of what I want to buy and to scan whenever there's a sale. What's the alternative, Sony?
They're adding a wishlist for the PS5 store, I imagine that'll make its way into the web store once the console releases.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they should have the wishlist like steam where it emails you when a game is on sale or something. i don't think the current one does that? maybe thats why they are doing wishlist on ps5 to send us notifications when a game is on sale.