• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
ReadySet Heroes is indeed launching today (01/10/19) on PS4.

Here's the launch trailer:

Go from zero to HERO in this fast-paced multiplayer dungeon crawler meets EPIC arena brawl! Choose your character, then race through random dungeons to slay monsters, dodge traps and collect tons of loot to power-up. You'll need it as there's an opposing team racing through the same dungeon! Whomever reaches the end of dungeon first triggers a intense "winner-take-all" arena brawl. Two teams enter, one team is left standing.

Been quite a while since we've seen such a multiplayer focused game from Sony. Anyone picking it up?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I remember this. Cool, give me Diablo or Torchlight Arena type of vibes. Speaking of, when is that Torchlight MMO thing happening?

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
NPD doesn't lie. And those top PS4 sellers of the generation tells the same story. I forgot to mention all the sports games too.

That's a fallacious argument you're making... the console with the biggest install base is of course going to see mainstream titles top the charts. That's in no way precludes there being an audience for other types of games in terms of genre, tone, etc.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's cool that Sony is working with indies but this feels like a bit of a weird fit. This just looks like any indie with no AAA shine or Sony in it. Gameplay looks good, competent, fun but not really anything extra. Would be cool if they tried to give it some sort of Sony touch at least with a first party guest character or something.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PS4 fans doesn't want to talk about Sony publishing games on PC
PC fans doesn't want to talk about games releasing on EGS

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
looks like the dota2 custom game that was included in on the battle passes. underhollow or something?

It's a fun mode but not sure I want a whole game like that

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It's also crossplay PS4/PC by the way.
Figured that would be the case. PS4 + PC cross play is kind of common for games that are only on PC and Playstation with multiplayer. I feel like SF5 having PS4 players in the pool helps a ton with me finding matches, and the same for Paragon when it was still alive. I wonder what the split is for FFXIV as well. PS4 player numbers are massive.