• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
The game constantly crashes as well. Are you honestly saying that's not part of the Sony cert process?
I am not saying that and it may be constantly crashing for you, but 12 hours into the game on PS5 I have had zero crashes on my end and I know of several people that have had no crashes at all. There are so many variables that can lead to the game crashing...these might have not happened during the certification process. We just don't know. I can only speak to the experience I am having and that is zero crashes and zero game breaking bugs. I just thing making generalities like it is happening to EVERYONE is in accurate. Of course people on a gaming forum having a issue are going to bring it up more and be more frustrated about it....and like I mentioned in an above post I was in that posiiton where Demon's Souls was crashing on me every other hour. I get the frustration...but not everyone is having constant crashes in the game.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It was at the height of lootbox debacle and CDPR knows how to drop PR messages like this and cash in on the goodwill of gamers.
Funniest thing about it is they basically came out later and said they are doing the same shit the EA's and Take-Two's, hell pretty much everyone but Ubisoft, do (no SP microtransactions, but the MP mode will have them, "but they'll be tots fair, we swear") and people where patting them on the back saying how much better they are for doing that, unlike the rest. They absolutely played the Gamers like a damn fiddle.

Syranth

Oct 28, 2017
Is it really so bad? I keep reading stuff but a couple mates who have it say it's good. PS5 upgrade, that is.
It's not even that it's the PS5 upgrade since that's not out yet. It's that the PS5 is brute forcing the game to run better much like the Pro did for some PS4 games. The PS5 version still crashes every two hours it's just that textures and things load a bit better.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Damn CD project red... they went the entire generation with so much good will. "The developer that cares about gamers!" Or "the most valuable company in Poland!" to "causing their devs to crunch" and "releasing near broken games on most platforms."

I guess they should have delayed... again.oh and I mean delay for quite a while but I guess they couldn't dare delay it again to miss the Holiday season and face their shareholders...

Place "Miyamoto quote" here

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Damn CD project red... they went the entire generation with so much good will. "The developer that cares about gamers!" Or "the most valuable company in Poland!" to "causing their devs to crunch" and "releasing near broken games on most platforms."

I guess they should have delayed... again.oh and I mean delay for quite a while but I guess they couldn't dare delay it again to miss the Holiday season and face their shareholders...

Place "Miyamoto quote" here
Don't forget going out of their way to be transphobic assholes.

CDPR has down a total 180 perception wise. It's kind of crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
I am not saying that and it may be constantly crashing for you, but 12 hours into the game on PS5 I have had zero crashes on my end and I know of several people that have had no crashes at all. There are so many variables that can lead to the game crashing...these might have not happened during the certification process. We just don't know. I can only speak to the experience I am having and that is zero crashes and zero game breaking bugs. I just thing making generalities like it is happening to EVERYONE is in accurate. Of course people on a gaming forum having a issue are going to bring it up more and be more frustrated about it....and like I mentioned in an above post I was in that posiiton where Demon's Souls was crashing on me every other hour. I get the frustration...but not everyone is having constant crashes in the game.
The problem is that regardless of individuals' experience, we also have a technical analysis of the game which isn't subjective and based on experience, and the performance for the targeted consoles is trash. Many of the bugs (not just those which are game-breaking) are repeatable and are not just subjective experiences (e.g. the effect of slopes on movement, the the poor path-finding of AI [consistently crashing while driving for no discernible reason going around certain corners, unable to overtake a parked vehicle on roads which triggers cars de-duping and models being repleaced], the teleporting police and NPCs, poor duplicate NPC detection) but aspects of how the game was developed.

The crashing and game breaking bugs are the most severe issues, but as you say it's tough to get an actual volume, however they are very quickly being publicised via streams, YouTubers, and discussion channels for the games (even 'cyberbug' trending on social media) which would be very tough to occur in this sort of volume if not a very typical (far beyond what is acceptable) experience.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
As someone who recently went through the process of trying to get a refund from Sony on a digital PS4 purchase... good luck, everyone. It took them a month and countless mails on my end to refund me (& they only really started considering that an option when I literally cited German customer protection laws to them), and my game didn't even do so much as start.

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't understand how this game launch isn't a bigger controversy.

They explicitly hid the game from the media. And released a broken mess.

Every "goodwill" gesture they had is a mare publicity stunt. And its working. I never saw people defend a broken game so hard. And some even are blaming the very consoles the game was announced and developed for, for more than 7 years.

They used to be one of my favourites. Now not so much :(

Does anyone feel the same?

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
It is though. Or at least it was during the 8 years I did it. It was our job to play games through, from beginning to end, and report any bugs we found from small graphical or audio problems through to system hangs. If a title racked up enough bugs, it failed certification.
I left not long after the PS4 released, and around that time, we were told to no longer bother reporting anything other than A-class or MF (must fix) bugs. Perhaps it's even more lax now.
Maybe that's what happened before PS4, but they definitely not check the whole game - I've worked on several releases titles and we have never received a crash report from anyone that was unrelated to a console feature (suspend and resume in my case).

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is this thread open? Mods asleep?

speaking strictly from their strict policy on all things cyberpunk related.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
If this surprises you at all, think back to how they treated everything around the trans community speaking out against them. CDPR seems like the kind of company to put their fingers in the ears and scream to stay in the world of their own delusions, rather than face reality.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
A 90 metacritic game is being allowed to be refunded. Let that sink in.
The current review system is completely broken.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Outside the bugs and brokenness of the game, is this game actually any fun? Did it live up to the hype or did it like everything else inevitably fail to reach it? I haven't really seen as many comments on the story/gameplay/features as much as the terrible performance.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Outside the bugs and brokenness of the game, is this game actually any fun? Did it live up to the hype or did it like everything else inevitably fail to reach it? I haven't really seen as many comments on the story/gameplay/features as much as the terrible performance.
Not played it. But the overwhelming majority of reviews have actually been very positive outside of the technical issues. It's just that the bugs are so disruptive everyone can't help but point them out.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This has a 90 on MC?

Reviewers are such a joke.

More like they were given less than a week to rush their reviews out and where terrified of the internet mob to fairly critique it. Look at what happened to GameStop and Polygon, and now that people have played the game I doubt any of the games most ardent defenders could argue that those weren't fair criticisms.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
This has a 90 on MC?

Publishers have the power to send review copies to whoever they want. Information flows so fast nowadays that people only care about metacritic the day a game releases. After that it doesn't matter much and that's a problem.

Add that the fact that reviewers now have to face death threats from fans doesn't make it easy for them to actually be sincere about these things.

People complained about TLOU2 getting a 93 but that game was finished when released and does a lot of stuff we hadn't seen in games before or at least does it better...but a 90 for a game that barely works sometimes makes no sense.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Not played it. But the overwhelming majority of reviews have actually been very positive outside of the technical issues. It's just that the bugs are so disruptive everyone can't help but point them out.

Yeah I'm not going to go by those obviously rushed reviews for this game which was for the PC version. All they did was rush through the main quests to rush their reviews out. I want real reviews from playing it fully. I saw this list of issues and made me wonder how is this the next generation of open world?

-No NPC Day/Night cycle. NPCs spawn and despawn outside of the player's view.
-If an NPC is doing an action, they will do that action forever until the player moves.
-If one NPC is assaulted, every other NPC in a large circle around the player will crouch to the floor in the same animation, even if they did not see the original assault.
-NPCs in a car will follow a specific route. If the route is even slightly interupted, for example by your car, they will cease to move forever until you remove the obstruction.
-NPCs in a car will not attempt to move or exit their vehicle if you assault them with bullets/another vehicle.
-NPCs will not acknowledge the player if they run the player over with their car.
-NPCs will not attempt to steal their vehicle back if you steal it from them.
-NPCs will not attack you or defend themselves in any way or form, even if engaged upon with just fists.
-Police spawn around the player's vision when the player is wanted, forever, until they attempt to hide or drive away.
-Police to not attempt to question, warn, or arrest the player for even the smallest crime commited, for example if you bump into them or accidently enter a private area.
-Police are incapable of driving cars and chasing the player if they drive away.
-Police will not attack hostile targets like Gangs if they are not already doing so in an activity.
-Police will know if the player has attacked an NPC in the middle of the badlands and spawn next to the player, without vehicles.
-NPCs will rarely thank or acknowledge the player if they are helped by the player.
-Scripted NPCs that have dialog will say their dialog then proceed to stand there forever. They will also repeat the same dialog if the player leaves the area and visits again later.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Look, the fact that it didn't have any reviews codes for console tells you all you need to know.
Reminds me of some Switch versions of games.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Every "goodwill" gesture they had is a mare publicity stunt. And its working. I never saw people defend a broken game so hard. And some even are blaming the very consoles the game was announced and developed for, for more than 7 years.

What I think are the most respected outlets have spoken at length about how busted this game is. Resetera is the only gaming community site I visit so from that perspective the breadth of technical issues has been limited since there is just the one mega thread that's way too big to dig around much.

This has a 90 on MC?

-reviewers only received the PC version*
-they only got it very close to release and thus couldn't do a deep audit of the game
-gamers are fucking insane and have demonstrated that they can and will send death threats/seizure inducing video to anybody that tells them what they don't want to hear

*though it should be noted that even the PC version is bugged as fuck and even buggier in the reviewer build

May 25, 2019
London

I feel the same way. They cultivated an army of influencers purely for this purpose. I always had a feeling this was going to be a huge buggy mess and decided to wait to play it, but even I'm surprised at how bad it is.

I don't want to hear about CDPR again after this until they make good.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This has a 90 on MC?

To be fair, the 90 is for the PC version, which has plenty of bugs, but not as many as consoles, and also looks incredible on the kind of systems most gaming outlets actually use.

CDPR held back the embargo for the console versions till the last minute, including on the release of actual user/outlet gameplay footage, which was certainly shady imo. They basically hid how poor the (previous gen) console versions were, and skewed the pre-release coverage and reception.

Jun 13, 2020
Yeah I'm not going to go by those obviously rushed reviews for this game which was for the PC version. All they did was rush through the main quests to rush their reviews out. I want real reviews from playing it fully. I saw this list of issues and made me wonder how is this the next generation of open world?

-If an NPC is doing an action, they will do that action forever until the player moves.
-If one NPC is assaulted, every other NPC in a large circle around the player will crouch to the floor in the same animation, even if they did not see the original assault.
-NPCs in a car will follow a specific route. If the route is even slightly interupted, for example by your car, they will cease to move forever until you remove the obstruction.
-NPCs in a car will not attempt to move or exit their vehicle if you assault them with bullets/another vehicle.
-NPCs will not acknowledge the player if they run the player over with their car.
-NPCs will not attack you or defend themselves in any way or form, even if engaged upon with just fists.
-Police spawn around the player's vision when the player is wanted, forever, until they attempt to hide or drive away.
-Police to not attempt to question, warn, or arrest the player for even the smallest crime commited, for example if you bump into them or accidently enter a private area.
-Police are incapable of driving cars and chasing the player if they drive away.
-Police will not attack hostile targets like Gangs if they are not already doing so in an activity.
-Police will know if the player has attacked an NPC in the middle of the badlands and spawn next to the player, without vehicles.
-NPCs will rarely thank or acknowledge the player if they are helped by the player.
-Scripted NPCs that have dialog will say their dialog then proceed to stand there forever. They will also repeat the same dialog if the player leaves the area and visits again later.
Damn, GTAIV came out 12 years ago and by that time most of these types of issues were already resolved.

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
Surprise! Making people work horribly extensive hours under severe emotional stress delivers a glitchy, buggy and messy product! Who would have thought.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
My friend was rejected, said he will try calling tomorrow. They basically told him to contact the developer though.

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020

Reviewers who gave this a great score are a fucking disgrace.

Oct 3, 2019
I'm about ten hours in on the base PS4 version, going very slowly, haven't even beat the first real mission.

I'm not expecting a good game at this point. No crashes so far, but shit performance and bugs galore. But weirdly I'm not even mad. It's actually funny to me how insanely fucked up it is. I'm having quite the time laughing and gawking at this monstrosity.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
You get what you pay for — no bullshit. We leave greed to others.

Screenshot_2020-12-13_at_17.54.46.png

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/932224394541314055
My eyes rolled so much they're spinning inside their sockets

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
Except it is. Both Sony and MS have a rule that stipulate that games should be stable, not crash, and not unexpectedly lose progress. Explain to me how Cyberpunk 2077 passes this very simple rule.
It has to crash during that process and the game - at least from my experience - doesn't crash that often. If it didn't crash during cert process there is nothing to report.

also, waivers area thing.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having such a fucking laugh at all the buggy clips people are posting on the games reddit sub lol.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be that guy. I trust nothing said in this thread about certification. If you can't get 'certified' you're must be doing something hilariously wrong. After living through the bethesda ps3 age where hard freezes and save data corruptions were as normal as the sky being blue, anyone can release anything anywhere. Go boot up cyberpunk on a gtx 970 and throw it on very high, that's what playing fallout 3 was like on ps3.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017

Yup, NPCs are garbage. Whenever my buddies say that Cyberpunk is like GTA on steroids, I just give them the rebuttal. Outside of the graphics, GTA runs laps around Cyberpunk in polished gameplay.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
That's fantastic news.

Looks like me waiting to buy at a discounted price when the inevitable next gen patch hits is paying off.