• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
www.playstation.com

PlayStation Studios | PlayStation

PlayStation Studios defined gaming for generations. Our collective of studios and teams span the globe – and together – advance gaming and the positive impact it has on people’s lives.
www.playstation.com

PlayStation Studios defined gaming for generations. Our collective of studios and teams span the globe – and together – advance gaming and the positive impact it has on people’s lives.

Hasn't quite hit the Japanese site yet, but the design is very similar.
www.playstation.com

世界中に広がるソニー・インタラクティブエンタテインメントの開発スタジオと開発チームをご紹介します。

This functions as the equivalent to the Xbox Game Studios website:
www.xbox.com

Xbox Game Studios | Xbox

Our 23 game development studios focus on delivering games for everyone.

These new sites are not yet implemented on PlayStation.com in a public fashion, as they link to the old SIE Worldwide Studios designs:
www.playstation.com

However, looking at the progress on the new site, this will likely be replaced soon.

Japan Studio's English page is broken no matter how you try to load it, seemingly:
www.playstation.com

404 - This page doesn't exist.
www.playstation.com

404 - This page doesn't exist.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Oh, I thought you meant like a physical site for a new studio - not a website for PlayStation Studios, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Good catch, the new look is nice and the collection of studios is well presented. I see they are keeping XDEV among the studios even if it's a support team, but they left out "San Mateo Studio" which didn't make much sense in my opinion.

Also, consider Killzone dead and buried, if the little text below each studios is anything to go by :p

l69e4E4.png

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Good catch, the new look is nice and the collection of studios is well presented. I see they are keeping XDEV among the studios even if it's a support team, but they left out "San Mateo Studio" which didn't make much sense in my opinion.

Also, consider Killzone dead and buried, if the little text below each studios is anything to go by :p

l69e4E4.png

Tearaway received a mention and Killzone didn't? Wow.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia

l69e4E4.png
Well Killzone isn't exactly 'critically acclaimed' lol

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
The description under XDEV is very interesting.

"Collaborating with ambitious external studios across the globe."

They were XDEV Europe before. Did WWS decided to merge XDEV Europe and San Mateo Studio?

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Sony better add Asobi Team to the list and get them to work on Ape Escape or full Astro Bot game.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm, so xDev now collaborates with studios ''across the globe'', interesting

also, their new logo is cool, but could totally have been colored referencing the sacred symbols

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Incidentally KZ2 is the only one I've owned and finished lol. I loved it, but the others in the series seems pretty average.

Third one still had at least decent critics score (84). Shadowfall is where the big drop in quality happened. Even the PSP spinoff (Liberation) was pretty good game.