• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
THE GETAWAY PS3 PS5

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GetawayPS3ScreenTest_004.jpg

GetawayPS3ScreenTest_007.jpg

GetawayPS3ScreenTest_001.jpg

GetawayPS3ScreenTest_003.jpg

GetawayPS3ScreenTest_006.jpg

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Probably the new name of team London's vr engine? Or maybe a new vr focused engine. At least those would be my bets.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it has anything to do with the ''entertainment team'' at London Studio, which is apparently working on an interactive live-action kind of game

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe a new name for PhyreEngine or its successor? I believe that it was developed in the UK.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love a new Getaway. GTA clones are barely a thing these days and this would be a really good series to revive. A crime based game set in London...

Give it to me!

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
its called ''new entertainment team'' and they are working on a project that has ''interactive live-action'' elements
Oh right. That's a bit disappointing for me personally though. Did they help with that live action game that came out last year from so ya publishing? I think it was Ellen or something?

Oct 27, 2017
Could this be for SCE London following up on Blood & Truth? It was a really fun VR game. I hope they make a sequel, I'd play it VR or not.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I think an open-world game set in Amsterdam was possibly something the market was missing back in the mid-2000s.

I wonder if they'll go back to that franchise or setting.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
That team is no more. They removed all references to it on their site and the Creative Director on that project is no longer working on it.

I can definitely see that being the case, but I still see some old references left in there

playstationlondonstudio.com

Meet Callum Langstroth, Narrative Designer - London Studio

How did you start at London Studio? As an Internal QA Tester on SingStar and...

It never sounded like a project that would go very far though, so I'm not doubting its dead

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
I forgot London Studio was still around. That they're trademarking an engine is hopefully a sign of good things to come!

I'm still surprised Days Gone used UE4 given Sony's tendency to use internally developed engines.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I can definitely see that being the case, but I still see some old references left in there

playstationlondonstudio.com

Meet Callum Langstroth, Narrative Designer - London Studio

How did you start at London Studio? As an Internal QA Tester on SingStar and...

It never sounded like a project that would go very far though, so I'm not doubting its dead
Yeah those are just interviews from last year. It seems the project got shelved a few months back as all references for the second team and hiring got erased. Also anyone who was working on that team is no longer on it:

Screenshot_2020-10-23_at_15.51.04.png

Screenshot_2020-10-23_at_15.51.48.png

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I forgot London Studio was still around. That they're trademarking an engine is hopefully a sign of good things to come!

I'm still surprised Days Gone used UE4 given Sony's tendency to use internally developed engines.
Sony Bend said they were upset that their build a brand new engine from the ground up fro vita and were only used for 2 games. It was very time consuming, and took a lot of effort. Having them using UE4 probably also help with UE4 ps4 optimization, whatever they learn or new tricks they discovered will be added back into the engine for other games.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Anyway, an ex London Studio dev said back in August that he received the info that Sony is doing something with the The Getaway IP

Former Sony London developer Mike Rouse has recently stated on his official YouTube channel 'Retro Gamer Boy' that there could be a chance of revival for this British gang based title, having heard from his contacts at the Japanese technology company last year.

Rouse shared this information beneath an original Getaway trailer for the game, where he said: "I've heard from my contacts at Sony that something is in the works. What it is though I don't know."

www.givemesport.com

The Getaway could make a return on the PlayStation 5

The Getaway could be returning for PlayStation 5