• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Fuse Developer
giphy.gif

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
A long time coming but a perfect fit and tbh they mainly only worked at their best making games under Sony.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol why are people acting like this is huge or surprising, did anyone actually believe Sony would let them do anything but PlayStation after Spider-Man?

Here's hoping we get a sequel and some other Marvel games

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
They are literally a perfect buy for Sony, great existing relationship, great studio with multiple teams and are very experiences in VR.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Given how Insomniac was pretty tied to Sony already, from a consumer standpoint does this change anything?

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Huge loss for MS and even bigger gain for Sony. I don't understand why Phil doesn't buy any AAA game studios and continues to spend money on a bunch of smaller indie devs. The Xbox desperately needs another big studio, well regardless Im looking forward to what they do for the PS5 and hopefully they still have the rights to Sunset Overdrive so that we get a sequel.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Won't lie, I remember back when Sunset Overdrive was announced, I was super confused because I thought Sony owned Insomniac. Kind of surprised this didn't happen many years earlier unless they couldn't agree on terms or something. But even still, HUGE get by Sony. Sony-Man must have been enough to get them to whip out the check book and finally lock them down.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sunset Overdrive 2 PlayStation exclusive. Didn't think Insomniac would let themselves be bought.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
holy fuck

I thought they always wanted to stay independent

I hope this means we get Sunset Overdrive on PS4 now.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
A Majority of their work has been PS focused. It'll be kinda sad not to get another take on Sunset Overdrive on Xbox, but besides that... sounds like business as usual.

Good for them, I hope it's pure profit and growth for them. Looking forward to seeing what this leads to.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
I am not surprised at all! Insomniac and Sony have always worked well :) Match made in heaven!

I cannot wait for the new spiderman.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that is huge.

I wonder if Insomniac needed it of if this is more of a power play. I hope it's the former, because the latter sucks for gamers.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Surprised it didn't happen sooner

I hope they still make ratchet and clank games but I have feeling R&C will be shelved for a uncharted like IP...which isn't a problem though I guess lol

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a great pickup for Sony. Insomniac is a great developer. And they clearly killed it with Spider-Man.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
This makes sense. They were working with Sony for so long over many franchises, it was weird they weren't bought earlier.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they've been working with Sony for the most part, and pretty much all of their successes has been under them so it makes sense.

My question is why now after not wanting to for almost a decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.